Jump to content

How about Jim Caldwell as head coach with Tony Dungy as GM!


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!!! This message board is a freaking joke. Don't want Jim Caldwell but want Ron Rivera? WTF is wrong the people here?

Caldwell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rivera

  • Jim Caldwell = 62-50 (Regular Season), 2-4 (Postseason) - 5 Winning Seasons out of 7 (4 Playoff Appearances)
  • Ron Rivera = 76-63-1 (Regular Season), 3-4 (Postseason) - 3 Winning Seasons out of 9 (4 Playoff Appearances)

Give me Jim Caldwell over Ron Rivera in a heartbeat. I'd gladly take Caldwell as coach and Dungy as GM in a heartbeat.

 

I don’t want either 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, to Jim Caldwell.  He did nothing spectacular with Peyton Manning in his prime.

I swear people are happy with our current staff being replaced by any randos from the street. I hope DQ and TD dont get fired if we are seriously going to hire guys that have fizzled in other places o

Omg no

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Can you make one single post actually discussing the topic at hand? Seriously dude, you've yet to make one single reply to any actual facts and discussion I've posted. Instead you just keep right on attacking me. You need to go back and look at this thread and realize that you're the one in the wrong here, not me.

I already have.  Before you went on your Jim Caldwell white knighting super angry campaign.  

Also you are delusional if you are going to play the victim card here and claim I am attacking you...let's recap what you have said, shall we?

Boy we've got lots of stupid people on here

He's not my 1st choice but dude isn't a bad HC like the idiots I've seen saying

Same idiots that somehow think Ron Rivera is a good HC

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

I already have.  Before you went on your Jim Caldwell white knighting super angry campaign.  

Also you are delusional if you are going to play the victim card here and claim I am attacking you...let's recap what you have said, shall we?

Boy we've got lots of stupid people on here

He's not my 1st choice but dude isn't a bad HC like the idiots I've seen saying

Same idiots that somehow think Ron Rivera is a good HC

omg, no!! and who wants a .500 coach who's boring are hardly legit reasons and actual facts when I've disputed them and you never answered actual facts.

 

If you don't want to be called stupid then don't say stupid stuff. Plain and simple as that. You're the one that suggested that someone peed in my cherrios and that I was PMSing. Those are actual personal attacks. Calling someone stupid isn't making things person. We all post and say stupid **** on here and deserve it when we get called stupid over it. The fact that hit a nerve with you and you had to resort to silly things like "who peed in your cherriors?" and "are you PMSing?" Yeah, very mature.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

omg, no!! and who wants a .500 coach who's boring are hardly legit reasons and actual facts when I've disputed them and you never answered actual facts.

 

If you don't want to be called stupid then don't say stupid stuff. Plain and simple as that. You're the one that suggested that someone peed in my cherrios and that I was PMSing. Those are actual personal attacks. Calling someone stupid isn't making things person. We all post and say stupid **** on here and deserve it when we get called stupid over it. The fact that hit a nerve with you and you had to resort to silly things like "who peed in your cherriors?" and "are you PMSing?" Yeah, very mature.

lol, man I am honestly embarrassed for you and your behavior right now.  This will be my last reply to you on this topic.  You seriously need to chill.  You hit no nerve.  You have not upset me.  You can claim all you want you have but no one would look at this exchange and walk away with anything other than you being triggered and me just thinking you look like a fool.  Nothing more.

Take a deep breath.  Go for a walk.  Getting this fired up over Jim Caldwell is a weird flex.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, both Jim Caldwell and Ron Rivera are the "same guy" as it relates to a body of work.  I think Rivera's a better D Coordinator than Caldwell, but that is beside the point.  I think the idea that Dungy would be worth anything as a GM is debatable...remember who the GM was in Tampa when Dungy was coach???  Rich McKay... and he drafted 5 Hall of Famers, along with the most pro bowl players during that tenure in the NFL.   When he was fired and went to Indy, you know who the GM was.....Bill Polian, who is arguably one of the greatest talent evaluation minds we've seen. It could be argued that Dungy benefited from the great players the GM put in place for him to succeed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ATL_666 said:

No, to Jim Caldwell.  He did nothing spectacular with Peyton Manning in his prime.

Lol, only went 14-0 with Peyton Manning in 2009 (could have went 16-0 but decided to bench Manning for the final two games of the regular season since they locked up the No.1 seed).

Agree with @Falconsfan567. Don't know why y'all are ****ting on Caldwell. He did a great job in Detroit and got no credit for it. Also took over as OC midseason during the Ravens' 2012 Super Bowl run.

He's actually the one "retread" that I wouldn't mind seeing get another job, because quite honestly, I thought he was the fall guy in Detroit. Caldwell didn't deserve the axe--he did a much better job with worse talent than engineering wiz Matt Patricia is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Lol, only went 14-0 with Peyton Manning in 2009 (could have went 16-0 but decided to bench Manning for the final two games of the regular season since they locked up the No.1 seed).

Agree with @Falconsfan567. Don't know why y'all are ****ting on Caldwell. He did a great job in Detroit and got no credit for it. Also took over as OC midseason during the Ravens' 2012 Super Bowl run.

He's actually the one "retread" that I wouldn't mind seeing get another job, because quite honestly, I thought he was the fall guy in Detroit. Caldwell didn't deserve the axe--he did a much better job with worse talent than engineering wiz Matt Patricia is.

Exactly!! Thanks for bringing legit facts and discussion to this thread instead of silly pettiness. Caldwell has done a great job as NFL HC and you're right to mention he should get major credit for the Ravens winning the Super Bowl in 2012. I'd be thrilled to have him as HC of the Falcons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No.11 said:

Lol, only went 14-0 with Peyton Manning in 2009 (could have went 16-0 but decided to bench Manning for the final two games of the regular season since they locked up the No.1 seed).

Agree with @Falconsfan567. Don't know why y'all are ****ting on Caldwell. He did a great job in Detroit and got no credit for it. Also took over as OC midseason during the Ravens' 2012 Super Bowl run.

He's actually the one "retread" that I wouldn't mind seeing get another job, because quite honestly, I thought he was the fall guy in Detroit. Caldwell didn't deserve the axe--he did a much better job with worse talent than engineering wiz Matt Patricia is.

14-2 with a loss to the Saints in the Super Bowl.  He is the reason why our most hated rival has a championship and can throw it in our face forever.  No to Jim Caldwell.  Peyton Manning and that O.C., his name evades me, ran the show in Indy.  Indy didn't have a prolific offense because of Jim Caldwell.  That is crazy talk.    Dan Quinn could have gotten that team to go 14-2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Summerhill said:

Caldwell would not be my first choice but I am sympathetic to what he just did in Detroit having now seen two seasons of Matt Patricia. 

if I’m going to be sold on Tony Dungy, it would have to be as team president. I don’t think he would want the grind of what it is to be GM but he is a great judge of people. 

The lions are gonna be 44 mill under the cap. They’re gonna acquire some talent this offseason and get their starting qb back I don’t think I’d write off Patricia just yet 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ATL_666 said:

14-2 with a loss to the Saints in the Super Bowl.  He is the reason why our most hated rival has a championship and can throw it in our face forever.  No to Jim Caldwell.  Peyton Manning and that O.C., his name evades me, ran the show in Indy.  Indy didn't have a prolific offense because of Jim Caldwell.  That is crazy talk.    Dan Quinn could have gotten that team to go 14-2.

Don't be silly. Caldwell didn't throw the pick 6, Peyton Manning did. Secondly, Indy's offense wasn't actually all that great in 2009. Very good, but not historically great.

DQ could have gotten that team to go 14-2? We barely managed 11-5 while scoring 34 PPG in 2016. Indy's offense was averaging 28.1 PPG in 14 games with Peyton Manning. We averaged a TD more per game than they did, but they won 14 straight games. At least do your research before spouting off baseless assertions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, athell said:

lol clearly...

Go eat a snickers man.

 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:40 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

Can you make one single post actually discussing the topic at hand? Seriously dude, you've yet to make one single reply to any actual facts and discussion I've posted. Instead you just keep right on attacking me. You need to go back and look at this thread and realize that you're the one in the wrong here, not me.

Settle down Francis! He's not "attacking" you.  He's saying that you seem a little worked up and could use a Snickers! :tiphat:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, No.11 said:

Don't be silly. Caldwell didn't throw the pick 6, Peyton Manning did. Secondly, Indy's offense wasn't actually all that great in 2009. Very good, but not historically great.

DQ could have gotten that team to go 14-2? We barely managed 11-5 while scoring 34 PPG in 2016. Indy's offense was averaging 28.1 PPG in 14 games with Peyton Manning. We averaged a TD more per game than they did, but they won 14 straight games. At least do your research before spouting off baseless assertions.

You are defending Jim Caldwell as a good coach.  </end>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...