Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
I Even Bleed Red

Props to Younghoe Koo

16 posts in this topic

People were mad when he missed 1 extra point. I'll be honest, I DON'T trust him to make 50+ kicks in a game winning pressure situation because he doesn't kick very far. But he's only 25 and he'll get better.

He is a onsides kick legend. Think of the endless possibilities, we'll never be out of a game.

Trick kicks master. Lotta football control.

Consistent FG kicker from 45 yards or less.

Younghoe is Koo.

He has a lot of upside and will be very cheap bargain. I like for him to be our long term kicker solution.

Young Asian brother breaking stereotypes. And he made #7 look good again. Ya, I said it! Come at me bros. :munch:

2 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

People were mad when he missed 1 extra point. I'll be honest, I DON'T trust him to make 50+ kicks in a game winning pressure situation because he doesn't kick very far. But he's only 25 and he'll get better.

He is a onsides kick legend. Think of the endless possibilities, we'll never be out of a game.

Trick kicks master. Lotta football control.

Consistent FG kicker from 45 yards or less.

Younghoe is Koo.

He has a lot of upside and will be very cheap bargain. I like for him to be our long term kicker solution.

Young Asian brother breaking stereotypes. And he made #7 look good again. Ya, I said it! Come at me bros. :munch:

Koo kicks plenty far. His leg strength is not the issue with the long kicks, it's the fact he knuckleballs it and his accuracy suffers because of that the longer the ball has to travel. Honestly, I don't want to take anything away from the guy but his style of kicking just doesn't seem like it lends itself to a consistently high %. Soooo many of his kicks seem to just miss the left upright. 

Those onside kicks did him good but I feel that The team finally accepted him after that fumble recovery yesterday, the way they was celebrating and praising him is a good sign.

sandtrap likes this

I said it in another thread, Koo is not an elite kicker but I feel comfortable he can get you those inside 50 kicks at a very high percentage and while I was impressed with three consecutive onside kicks, I was more impressed with how deep he was in the mix and how aware he was to catch and secure the ball on that fumble recovery.  Barring him going Italian Ice on us the remaining games and in 2020 preseason, perfectly happy to roll with him.

Let's not be crazy....

Bring in a couple of free agents/non-drafted/last round picked guys to camp next season and have an open competition.

He deserves a chance to compete for the job, but no way do I just hand it to him right now and assume that position is taken care of for next season.

The more he kicks the better he will get. He has leg but a little off on accuracy. 

Recovering that fumble gets him a shot at next year for me. Dude shot down there like a rocket and caught the ball in the air. I wish he had scored. That would have been awesome.

10 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

For the record I like Koo, unless he melts down the last few games he absolutely deserves to be the starter next year. But yea, the football does some strange things mid-flight that gives me cause for concern. 

I am becoming a fan, but he shouldn’t be handed the job without competing...we see how that worked out crowning Tevecchio too soon.

He has done well.....well enough to warrant a potential spot on the team next year.

I just hope that the Falcons bring a guy or 2 to compete with him.

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I am becoming a fan, but he shouldn’t be handed the job without competing...we see how that working out crowning Tevecchio too soon.

I get where you’re coming from, but keep in mind that Tavecchio had only attempted 5 FGs for us last year. Koo has already attempted 18 w/ a few more games to go. So we are getting a much better read on what Koo can do that what we got w/ Giorgio last season.

1989Fan likes this