caponine

If this team keeps Quinn,

61 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, freefall said:

I totally agree with this.  The manner of which this team lost this year has been mostly embarrassing, and they have too much talent to be embarrassed like that.  

It goes back to the first series (on offense and defense) of the season. We as fans were so excited and on edge for the year to start and they came out as flat as a super model! 

And just as disappointing as one. :(

We need to keep Quinn and give him power to control roster himself, GM duties, and either get rid of TD, or relegate him to contractual duties, you know his specialty working around the cap numbers and making them work, which he actually has done pretty well over the years.

Now some of the signings have been questionable (asamoah, carpenter, brown, tyson jackson, steven jackson, etc)

and the amount of money initially given has forced us to second guess, but being able to keep julio, ryan, matthews, debo, and sign players like mack, levitre, chester, and poe actually worked in our favor even for a little bit.

A new direction is needed either way, but I'm one of the few who actually hopes we keep quinn and allow him to mold this team to his vision instead of sharing duties, and having to scrape the bottom of the barrel of this team to make it work.

Stevo likes this

1 hour ago, federicofalcon2 said:

We need to keep Quinn and give him power to control roster himself,

What?  Regardless of how you feel about TD aside, Quinn could not handle calling the plays during the game because it was too much for him to do(at least that was the excuse or reason for him giving up the play calling)  and now you want to add more duties for him?  Talk about giving someone more than they can handle.  Plus Quinn wanted Beasley back and look how that has been working out for most of the season.  Good grief reading that comment right there I just feel like I am in a bizarro world.

1 hour ago, capologist said:

Same way the Saints kept Payton after 3 losing seasons. I don't know if DQ is our final answer or not but I do know that changing coaches every 4 years doesn't get anybody anywhere except perpetually sucking...

Goddammit thats what I have been saying but these myopic people can't understand.

Sean had tough years and SB goodwill only lasts so long. Ask Tony Dungy, Brian Billick, Jon Gruden, Mike Shanahan, and Tom Coughlin. Winning a superbowl doesn't allow a coach to go turd up. Do some of you guys really not know what happened earlier in the decade? Additionally there is PLENTY of evidence that the shine wore off Sean Payton. But the Saints stayed with him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Saints/comments/6zm9ct/sean_payton_hot_seat
https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_9569bfba-d5c0-5e83-9c31-30a745118543.html
https://nflspinzone.com/2017/09/19/nfl-hot-seat-adds-new-orleans-saints-sean-payton/
https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl-is-sean-payton-coaching-to-save-his-job-in-2017/
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-sean-payton-on-the-hot-seat-092916

People can't think outside the box. They see the saints winning in 2019 so they think "Sean = good". They can't figure out that since the SB, they had 4 (FOUR) 7-9 seasons and 2 Scandals one of which got their coach banned a year. But the Saints stay with him. That's the point. 

Stevo and capologist like this

2 hours ago, capologist said:

I do know that changing coaches every 4 years doesn't get anybody anywhere except perpetually sucking...

Jim Harbaugh       2011–2014
Jim Tomsula         2015
Chip Kelly             2016     
Kyle Shanahan     2017–present

Worked out well for SF.... But they are probably the exception.

Edited by james b

The problem is being consistent. Can't have one good year and the rest horrible.  How is that good ownership or coaching?? Talent needs to be consistent, play calling needs to be consistent. Everything needs to be consistent in the up direction for it to be a successful owner, gm and coach.  

2 hours ago, freefall said:

What?  Regardless of how you feel about TD aside, Quinn could not handle calling the plays during the game because it was too much for him to do(at least that was the excuse or reason for him giving up the play calling)  and now you want to add more duties for him?  Talk about giving someone more than they can handle.  Plus Quinn wanted Beasley back and look how that has been working out for most of the season.  Good grief reading that comment right there I just feel like I am in a bizarro world.

To each their own, I'm entitled to my opinion as are you.  And I didn't say have him call plays, I said give him the power to control the team.  Delegating other duties, focusing more on certain aspects, whatever you want to call it, having the ability to decide who is brought in and who isn't is important.  The more successful teams have a leader like that, being able to make the final decision on who and how the team is ran. 

Yeah, he brought back Beasley, and I'm all for it.  no one has to agree with me and I'm sure most won't.  IDC.  Do I agree bringing him back at the dollar amount, n o but circumstances called for it and it played out the way that it did.  Zeroing in on JUST Beasley is silly because NO ONE has been consistent on this defense.  But I do feel that if used correctly, he and Takk along with GJ can be a real force on this team.  Ahain, that's my belief and doesn't bother me if you agree or not.  But I have faith that DQ could make this team a real contender each year.

Stevo likes this

Mora only coached one more year as a head coach in the NFL after being fired. Petrino never coached in the NFL again. Smith was never a head coach again in the NFL. 

This is where coaches come to watch their careers end.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

I’m glad this is the only ball team I’m a fan of that isn’t a winner. So I can compare and contrast how winning ball clubs do things compared to this one. Blank IS an idiot and cares ab the wrong things. Too much loyalty not enough success. Not all owners are like this. 

At this point I would rather have Quinn out of here then him stay. But I know he is a **** of a coach. They need to stop over paying rotational players starter salary and invest properly in the D line. Cut carpenter and brown and drive on.