caponine

If this team keeps Quinn,

61 posts in this topic

And this team fails again. Does some of the blame start leaning towards Arthur Blank ?? I think so , time and time again he has shown the inability to bring in a coach with all the tools not a Jim Mora, Bobby Petrino, Mike Smith or Dan Quinn that had bits and pieces. He never brings in the right coach,  and you have to ask why.  Enough is enough,  he also had a track record for keeping coaches well past their welcome 

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

And this team fails again. Does some of the blame start leaning towards Arthur Blank ?? I think so , time and time again he has shown the inability to bring in a coach with all the tools not a Jim Mora, Bobby Petrino, Mike Smith or Dan Quinn that had bits and pieces. He never brings in the right coach,  and you have to ask why.  Enough is enough,  he also had a track record for keeping coaches well past their welcome 

He really doesn't do the bolded. There are plenty of coaches that never do anything in the playoffs and get retained for far over 5 years. 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Blame has already started going on Arthur Blank. And one would argue that Mike Smith, Dan Quinn, and Jim Mora were all actually good hires. All 3 of them coached the Falcons to the NFC championship game. Before Blank was the owner, the Falcons made it there...once. 

True but they dont ever have all the tools , they each had a piece but not the whole.package , ya know ?? 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He really doesn't do the bolded. There are plenty of coaches that never do anything in the playoffs and get retained for far over 5 years. 

Idk how you can justify two losing seasons and keep Quinn. **** after the 2013 season, people wanted smith fired. Actually in 2012 if you can believe it 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Just now, roguebeaver said:

Collectively, the Fans should fire AB! Think about it, it could happen for sure...remember the past two Hockey franchises. We fired them bishes, for not producing a title!    Purp/ really? 

Wdym 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Blame has already started going on Arthur Blank. And one would argue that Mike Smith, Dan Quinn, and Jim Mora were all actually good hires. All 3 of them coached the Falcons to the NFC championship game. Before Blank was the owner, the Falcons made it there...once. 

Jeez when you put it like that, it makes sense. 

Mora - NFCCG then fired two years later

Smitty - NFCCG then fired two years later

Quinn - SB then fired three years later

Chronic problems yet one man has remained the same. The HC hires haven't been wrong. I think it's the constant chasing of what worked and trying to just recreate that instead of building something truly sustainable. Blank gets a sugar high then the wheels fall off. This last one sucked because they actually had top tier coaching talent after Kyle left, just for them to not see them as worthy. Crazy. 

Drew4719, Chaz, roguebeaver and 9 others like this

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

Wdym 

Only, that there comes a point of no return! We’ve been waiting for 53 years for a title! The Hockey boys are less patient... two franchises have been here and moved the F on!  Yet, we are mired in ineptitude and potential going on 50 plus years and our mantra, continues to be wait till next year! ...how much longer must we wait?!

Hire any coach with the first name Moses and Im on board!

Out of bondage, we will be led! Longer than the Jews, we have wandered.  

where and who is our savior?’ 

caponine likes this

2 hours ago, vel said:

Jeez when you put it like that, it makes sense. 

Mora - NFCCG then fired two years later

Smitty - NFCCG then fired two years later

Quinn - SB then fired three years later

Chronic problems yet one man has remained the same. The HC hires haven't been wrong. I think it's the constant chasing of what worked and trying to just recreate that instead of building something truly sustainable. Blank gets a sugar high then the wheels fall off. This last one sucked because they actually had top tier coaching talent after Kyle left, just for them to not see them as worthy. Crazy. 

Exactly. @caponine is suggesting that Blank has held on to the coaches for too long. I actually think it’s the opposite. Sean Payton had 3 straight 7-9 seasons, was always trusted by the owner. 

OP is half right. Blank is definitely a big part of the issue. But the “why” is wrong. Blank certainly seems to chase and overreact like you said. Look at the Julio trade...that had Blank written all over it. Smitty ran a smash mouth running team. And it seemed like Blank demanded him to be what he isn’t. And he was fired. Koetter re-hire reeks of Blank, not Quinn

Chaz, Schwarzwald, vel and 2 others like this

36 minutes ago, caponine said:

True but they dont ever have all the tools , they each had a piece but not the whole.package , ya know ?? 

What head coach in the NFL “brings the whole package?” There isn’t many man. Probably less than 5. Belichick, Carroll, Zimmer, Harbaugh, and maybe Tomlin?

And those coaches all are successful because the owner actually trusts them to run the team. Mike Smith and Dan Quinn both aren’t necessarily BAD coaches. It’s looking more and more like they had somebody upstairs dictating how to run the team instead of trusting the coach they hired to play to his own strengths. Why do you think Jimmy Johnson left Dallas? And why do you think Jerry Jones hasn’t been to the conference championship game since 1996? 

Point is, the trend is showing that Blank absolutely knows how to hire the right coach. What needs to happen is he needs to hire his coach, and stay the hell out of the room after that. 

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

What head coach in the NFL “brings the whole package?” There isn’t many man. Probably less than 5. Belichick, Carroll, Zimmer, Harbaugh, and maybe Tomlin?

And those coaches all are successful because the owner actually trusts them to run the team. Mike Smith and Dan Quinn both aren’t necessarily BAD coaches. It’s looking more and more like they had somebody upstairs dictating how to run the team instead of trusting the coach they hired to play to his own strengths. Why do you think Jimmy Johnson left Dallas? And why do you think Jerry Jones hasn’t been to the conference championship game since 1996? 

Point is, the trend is showing that Blank absolutely knows how to hire the right coach. What needs to happen is he needs to hire his coach, and stay the **** out of the room after that. 

True , you're right about that. But why cant coaches sustain success ?? Its not just the coaches, it's the constant changing every year or two with coordinators 

red falcon and roguebeaver like this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

I have literally no idea how anyone, and I mean anyone could possibly think Dan Quinn deserves to be the head coach of this football team. It is truly astonishing

Boise Falcon Fan and msjacob25 like this

7 minutes ago, caponine said:

True , you're right about that. But why cant coaches sustain success ?? Its not just the coaches, it's the constant changing every year or two with coordinators 

Because I think Quinn (and Smitty when he was here) don’t have as much control of the team as we may think. 

6 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I have literally no idea how anyone, and I mean anyone could possibly think Dan Quinn deserves to be the head coach of this football team. It is truly astonishing

FTR, I do believe Quinn should go. However, I don’t believe he is the only failure in this. What’s happened with Quinn is exactly what happened with Smitty and Mora. That should suggest right there that isn’t necessarily the head coach that is causing these downfalls after success early

Chaz and Francis York Morgan like this

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Because I think Quinn (and Smitty when he was here) don’t have as much control of the team as we may think. 

If not, we are being very payed! AB making money only idiots!  

29 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

FTR, I do believe Quinn should go. However, I don’t believe he is the only failure in this. What’s happened with Quinn is exactly what happened with Smitty and Mora. That should suggest right there that isn’t necessarily the head coach that is causing these downfalls after success early

Quinn should go because one week we can beat the Saints, and the next lose to Tampa Bay. There's a problem with consistency here. The problem is gutting the team is just another hard reset.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this