Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDirtyWordII

A TDWII Observation: The Panthers & Falcons Rebuilds Will Occur Side-by-Side, But…

125 posts in this topic

Just now, Vandy said:

Panther’s “franchise QB” is broken, and may never return to form. Our franchise QB is Gumby.

As far as you saying you’re not “disparaging Matt Ryan at all”, how many more threads do you need to make about moving on from him before nobody believes you? 

How many times did I bring up Ryan in my OP?

56 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Didn't answer either question. How do we move on from Ryan's contract and who do we replace him with? 

@FalconFanSince1969 @vel

Per Sw-ft

I know you guys are Ryan homers but you're supposed to have some football smarts as well. Say its pretty simple to move on from Ryan. Say we go to Ryan this offseason. We are going to turn you're signing bonus into guaranteed into a base salary, but we'd also like to move on from you. With your base salary, age and some other factors like you being babied in a dome with the best weapons money can buy while leading the Falcons to only 4 playoff wins the suitors will be very limited. 

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Has your view of Shanahan changed since the 2017 off-season?  I know mine has.

No because I knew Kyle was a stud when we hired him and was excited for his tenure here. Even after 2015 when people wanted him fired and claimed he broke Matt Ryan. You can fact check that too. 

How has your view of Kyle changed over the years? 

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

@FalconFanSince1969 @vel

Per Sw-ft

I know you guys are Ryan homers but you're supposed to have some football smarts as well. Say its pretty simple to move on from Ryan. Say we go to Ryan this offseason. We are going to turn you're signing bonus into guaranteed into a base salary, but we'd also like to move on from you. With your base salary, age and some other factors like you being babied in a dome with the best weapons money can buy while leading the Falcons to only 4 playoff wins the suitors will be very limited. 

Please, don't quote me for swift third party. I ignored it the first time. I could give two shlts about what swift thinks. Tell him I said that. 

2 hours ago, vel said:

I said: 

I said the offense is held back severely by poor coaching/playcalling. They don't need a Kyle. They just need a coach who actually understands 2019 offensive NFL football and calling to it. The defense needs a full rebuild and they have the draft picks to begin that overhaul. This current Falcons team is not a 5-11 team like they are trending for. They should have beaten the Cards, Titans, Colts, and Bucs. But coaching killed them more than any lack of talent. Those four teams are not better than the Falcons. HeIl, the Colts game is a prime example of Matt Ryan doing everything possible to win the game and having a lackluster defense hold the team back. 

Whole Lotta Truth right here. 

Schwarzwald and MSalmon like this

13 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I think to say Shanahan is a 'competent' OC is like saying Olivia Culpo 'isn't bad'....

I mean Shanahan as a young offensive mind, not sure there is anyone on par with him.  So I don't think it's so easy to go find his sequel so to speak.

Agreed he is probably thee exception to the rule.

What I will say right now is that Ryan is clearly the Falcons future for at least the next 3-4 years.Thee most important decision is surrounding Ryan with off field stability if they don’t that’ll be the end of him.

ShadyRef likes this

Just now, vel said:

No because I knew Kyle was a stud when we hired him and was excited for his tenure here. Even after 2015 when people wanted him fired and claimed he broke Matt Ryan. You can fact check that too. 

I remember that off-season, Heath Evans was on NFLN doing the whole W/L with the schedule once those are announced.  And I remember him very specifically talking about how the Falcons weren't going to be the same on offense because of his unreal playcalling rhythm and abilities.  I remember being all 'F-U Heath Evans, you're just a Falcons hater and what-not'...and then 2017 happened and it felt like the offense simply couldn't catch fire.

That was the first real shift for me...I knew he was good, but I didn't think his loss would be felt to that degree.  It was. And his tenure in SF is continuing to showcase his ability to put his players in the best position to have success despite some 'pedigree' shortcomings.  

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, vel said:

The natives were indeed restless . You and I, fatboi and a couple others were pretty much the lone rangers in ‘giving it some time’ against the pack in that offseason all the way into the next preseason and Tampa game 1 loss of 2016. 

vel and Schwarzwald like this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Lotta Truth right here. 

Just look at the Titans. Almost every single pass play is play action. Why? Because the stats say play action is the most effective way to throw the ball. They've got Ryan Tannehill straight BALLING, yet we have an OC addicted on 5-7 step drop backs and low percentage throws for some strange reason. 

Vandy, Schwarzwald and kiwifalcon like this

Falcons 3rd Down Defense Conversion Since 2008:

2019 - 44% (25th)
2018 - 49% (31st)
2017 - 36% (very solid)

2016 - 42% (25th)

2015 - 44% (30th)
2014 - 47% (near last)
2013 - 46% (dead last)

2012 - 40% (26th)
2011 - 44% (30th)
2010 - 40% (24th)

2009 - 45% (dead last)
2008 - 38% (14th)

8 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

@FalconFanSince1969 @vel

Per Sw-ft

Why should I care what somebody who was wrong about literally everything Ryan related has to say? He said he'd never top 7 ypa, he'd never pass for 4000 yards, he'd never have 30 tds ect ect. I don't care what that moron thinks. 

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I remember that off-season, Heath Evans was on NFLN doing the whole W/L with the schedule once those are announced.  And I remember him very specifically talking about how the Falcons weren't going to be the same on offense because of his unreal playcalling rhythm and abilities.  I remember being all 'F-U Heath Evans, you're just a Falcons hater and what-not'...and then 2017 happened and it felt like the offense simply couldn't catch fire.

That was the first real shift for me...I knew he was good, but I didn't think his loss would be felt to that degree.  It was. And his tenure in SF is continuing to showcase his ability to put his players in the best position to have success despite some 'pedigree' shortcomings.  

And I said Sark's issue is going to be spacing in the NFL given the massive difference in the width of the hashmarks and we saw it all 2017. He never found a rhythm. Then 2018 he actually did but the defense fell apart. Now we've downgraded even further for god knows what reason and here we are. 

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Just look at the Titans. Almost every single pass play is play action. Why? Because the stats say play action is the most effective way to throw the ball. They've got Ryan Tannehill straight BALLING, yet we have an OC addicted on 5-7 step drop backs and low percentage throws for some strange reason. 

Look at the Rams last night and us in 2016. Masked suboptimal line play with tons of play action and boot legs and suddenly Goff doesn't look so bad. 

Schwarzwald, Geneaut and vel like this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

The natives were indeed restless . You and I, fatboi and a couple others were pretty much the lone rangers that offseason into the next preseason and Tampa game 1 loss of 2016. 

Lol that was a long offseason. That training camp interception broke this place. Practice. But now, everybody holds Kyle in such high esteem like they knew all along. 

Shlt where did Sean McVay come from? Doug Pederson? Kevin Stefanski? John Defilippo? All of these offensive minds over the same time period as Kyle was here. They aren't rare. 

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Look at the Rams last night and us in 2016. Masked suboptimal line play with tons of play action and boot legs and suddenly Goff doesn't look so bad. 

Exactly. You have a rookie RT and you insist on dropping back deep and running long developing routes and wondering why your QB is getting tagged. HeIl, he's not even running screens at this point. 

Schwarzwald and kiwifalcon like this

10 minutes ago, vel said:

This is what does me we got one if not thee best attacking weapons in the league but yet under Koetter he’s so under used in every phase of the game it’s laughable.

I mean how hard is it to motion him or run him out of the slot,run outside zone while having him seal an edge man to me it’s poor design and thought process.

You know you could almost say 11 is stealing.Stay outside run goes and comebacks & 15 yard ins.

8 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol that was a long offseason. That training camp interception broke this place. Practice. But now, everybody holds Kyle in such high esteem like they knew all along. 

Shlt where did Sean McVay come from? Doug Pederson? Kevin Stefanski? John Defilippo? All of these offensive minds over the same time period as Kyle was here. They aren't rare. 

With all but the exception of McVay, I’m not buying the other guys being on Shanahan’s level.  Even Pederson.

...and I’d take Shanahan over McVay.

5 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

With all but the exception of McVay, I’m not buying the other guys being on Shanahan’s level.  Even Pederson.

...and I’d take Shanahan over McVay.

Nobody would have said that in 2015. People would have laughed if you put Kyle in the same conversation as Reid and Payton back then. 

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

10 minutes ago, vel said:

Nobody would have said that in 2015. People would have laughed if you put Kyle in the same conversation as Reid and Payton back then. 

Fair enough, but alot of those guys didn’t have the experience level Shanahan did at that stage of his (2015) career. 

Just now, TheDirtyWordII said:

Fair enough, but alot of those guys didn’t have the experience level Shanahan did at that stage of his (2015) career. 

Again, that didn't matter to people. His experience was limited to "QB Killer" for many. Matt doesn't need a Kyle. If he can get a Kellen Moore, that'd be great. Koetter ain't it. For anybody. 

Vandy likes this

Just now, vel said:

Again, that didn't matter to people. His experience was limited to "QB Killer" for many. Matt doesn't need a Kyle. If he can get a Kellen Moore, that'd be great. Koetter ain't it. For anybody. 

But it mattered in their actual qualifications.  

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Man right! He barely even made it through 2015 before fans were calling for his head. Now it's "Kyle's don't just grow on trees...". 

Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this