Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Osiruz

Do yall want Quinn fired?

20 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I don't buy AB forced DQ to hire DK or other assistant coaches. We have seen plenty of reports praising DQ for going and assembling a staff with so much experience. TD and DQ gloating on how they have great staff. What DQ did was didn't wait for other guys like Kubiak to be available. They were plenty of reports DK had another offer and DQ had to pull the trigger. The unwritten rule in the NFL is HC pick assistant coaches unless you are cowboys. 

Now assuming this revisionist history of AB forcing DQ to hire DK. That makes it even worse for DQ, I would question his leadership to stand up for his coaches and philosophy. There are many coaches who walked away when forced to make changes to assistants from owners. This shows DQ had no better plan and AB told him what to do. I want a HC who knows what the heck is doing and has a vision for the team and can convince the owner.

I don’t buy that AB is part of the problem. He’s got opinions, but if anyone studies his management style he’s always empowered his management teams. This narrative that blank is forcing things on Quinn is just speculation, IMO.

Watching falcons over the last two season’s it’s evident we aren’t a well-coached football team.

I believe that a good HC has his team ready to play every game, every quarter and even every down.  

Quinn is a nice, pleasant guy and he appears to care about his players a lot.  But, he does not prepare the team to play well enough.  

I would fire him at the end of the season and find a seasoned man that can put together a strong staff.  We need a detail-oriented organizer that knows the game well......from every angle.  

We have wasted a lot of prime years for Ryan and Jones.  We simply do not have the time to continue to train a young, pleasant, energetic guy.  

It is time to win, or rebuild.  Either way, I say Quinn should be fired.  

DQ has never been able to get his team to overcome adversity. Anytime the team is down or another team starts gaining momentum in a game, the Falcons seem to fold more times than not. Injuries and a weak mindset derail the Falcons under Quinn. There is a lack of creativity in terms of how the defense works. Not getting turnovers or applying pressure escape the Falcons defense. It seems we never see a hurry-up offense until the team is way behind and the game is out of reach. The Falcons are no longer a come from behind team, and if they don't get off to a fast start, then they are likely to lose. Too often when the team is behind in the 3rd quarter, you'll see the offense still meandering along while the clock bleeds away, then all of the sudden it's like "hey we better get on the ball here and go hurry up with 6 minutes left to play." It's as though he lacks situational awareness in games. This is Quinn's identity IMO, and he needs to go because I don't think anything is going to change in regards to how he manages a game. I believe the team has enough talent to at least win the division, but good players can't overcome bad coaching.

Edited by 4dabirds

On 12/9/2019 at 0:59 PM, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

If we had consistently played the entire second half like we did right after the bye in New Orleans, bring him back.

But we didn’t. We reverted to pre-bye form at home, against the BUCS. 

This team has zero consistency under the current regime. To me, that spells the end for the head coach. 

This ^^

5 hours ago, etherdome said:

I believe that a good HC has his team ready to play every game, every quarter and even every down.  

Quinn is a nice, pleasant guy and he appears to care about his players a lot.  But, he does not prepare the team to play well enough.  

I would fire him at the end of the season and find a seasoned man that can put together a strong staff.  We need a detail-oriented organizer that knows the game well......from every angle.  

We have wasted a lot of prime years for Ryan and Jones.  We simply do not have the time to continue to train a young, pleasant, energetic guy.  

It is time to win, or rebuild.  Either way, I say Quinn should be fired.  

I mean technically weren't Mike Smith and Quinn both 40yr old+ NFL coaching vets? 

Sean McVay on the other hand is a "young, pleasant, energetic guy" but took the Rams to the SB. Now he inherited a good team, but still...

Whoever it is I agree they need to be A) detail-oriented, but also B ) an offensive guru

On 12/9/2019 at 9:56 AM, Osiruz said:

Seems like many members are softening their stance on the team, coaches, and players after another season of 1 day late, $1short kind of play. Would yall want Quinn back? 

You need to make sure you have a viable plan to replace him. Their is not that many great choices out there to replace him. 

Yes, the Falcons should have kept Kyle. DQ

may keep his job depending how we finish the season. If we beat the Niners; the Jags and Bucs, then AB might give him one more season. 

On 12/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, Osiruz said:

Really? What's there left to prove. 5 years, 2 playoff berths and a .500 record. His defense is as horrible as it's always been. 

True, however going through another total replacement of the coaching staff it what I fear....another setback.

Who are your candidates for HC? I can't think of one that I would like.

3 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

True, however going through another total replacement of the coaching staff it what I fear....another setback.

Who are your candidates for HC? I can't think of one that I would like.

Mike Shanahan, Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley, and Mike McCarthy. 

On 12/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, Champagne said:

See whether DQ can finish strong and build momentum going into next season.

no such thing as momentum into next season imo...different team will be assembled...plus we have evidence to the contrary...

Edited by sanfranfalcon

On 12/9/2019 at 0:56 PM, Osiruz said:

Seems like many members are softening their stance on the team, coaches, and players after another season of 1 day late, $1short kind of play. Would yall want Quinn back? 

I am beginning to be more open to the idea of keeping Quinn another year.  Reason being is that I am not terribly impressed with the potential coaches who will be available.  None of the coordinators that will be looking for HC jobs I think will turn out to be top notch coaches and I am not impressed with the former HC who are looking for another shot.  So I don't see us getting another HC who would give us a real shot at a SB in the next few years  and I do not want to be tied to another mediocre HC for 4-5 more years, I would rather just be tied to DQ for one more year.  I would rather just keep Quinn one more year and if he succeeds and gets us to the playoffs then great, if he fails and we are sub. 500 then let's see what next years batch of potential replacements looks like.  With that being said TD has got to go no matter what happens with our HC

Edited by ATL_666