Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Osiruz

Do yall want Quinn fired?

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

Yes, the Browns would definitely be better with Rivera as their HC.  They actually have a lot of talent on BOTH sides of the ball, and it's still a mystery to me why they're not any better than they are this season....I guess they'll just always be "the Browns" --- lol.

Some things us mere mortals will just never comprehend lol

Yes. Yes I do.

Mainly because we will not win with Koetter.

If we are going to go for OC #4 under the DQ regime, we may as well just start all over w/ a proven offensive mind in charge.

Edited by RubberDucky

I won't be upset if he gets another year as long as Morris is named our DC and we get rid of Koetter for a new up and coming OC. If we do get rid of Quinn I really hope we get a young offensive minded head coach this time around. I would love us to bring Mike McDaniel back as Head Coach. 

I would also like TD gone.

1 minute ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I won't be upset if he gets another year as long as Morris is named our DC and we get rid of Koetter for a new up and coming OC. If we do get rid of Quinn I really hope we get a young offensive minded head coach this time around. I would love us to bring Mike McDaniel back as Head Coach. 

I would also like TD gone.

Mike McDaniel has a history of alcoholism & has never even served as a coordinator anywhere during his entire coaching career... yet you wanna make him our HC? :huh:

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

At this point, as much as I like Quinn, I don't think he's likely to be the answer. Big culture shift is needed in this org. But again, it really depends on how much interference there has been from other people. Without Koetter, I genuinely think this team is 9-4 instead of 4-9. The defense played well enough to win every game since the bye and several before that. How much say did Quinn have in the Koetter hire? That's the biggest question. And if they're a package deal, he has to go, period.

Everything I've seen says this decision wasn't his. FFS, he was DC for the Seahawks when we went 10-22 with Koetter and no run game, then clobbered the Bucs with him as their HC. He wanted a ZBS run game and WCO guy and brings in DK? Then gives interviews that makes it clear he hardly knew the guy beforehand? It feels off. It's a bunch of guys AB, TD, and McKay knew. That's hardly a coincidence. But he'll probably bite the bullet all the same. I guess we'll see.

If they forced DQ to hire someone completely opposite of who he wanted, that's completely ridiculous and it means our franchise is way more screwed up than I realized.

It also means maybe DQ is a good coach after all. So, if that really is what happened, then let DQ pick 5 employees, and fire everyone in the building except DQ and those 5. Give DQ full power, and let him bring in a GM of his choosing who reports to him.

(But I don't think it is true ... after all, DQ had full say over the defensive scheme, and he created something terrible).

I have to ask what has Quinn done to prove he is worth another year? It has all been down hill after 28-3. I am done I was for the most part done after the choke. He proved he was not ready to LEAD a team! If he showed improvement I would have been ok. He places blame on everyone other than himself. Can't stand that king of person in charge. His speeches just seems like a man with no plan.

Don't be fooled with this 2nd half of the season BS...years ago TD built this team "to beat our rivals in this division"...yeah, what about the rest of the league? Front office on down need to be swept out!

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

I don't want him gone but, I think it would be unprecedented to give him another chance to fix his staff on the tail of a 2nd lost season.  

Unprecedented? For the Falcons, or for the NFL? If you're saying the latter, you really need to look around the league dude. 

7 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

The AFC record drives me up the wall. We have lost to some really shat AFC teams. Like straight up turrble teams. Why? Why can we go to toe to toe to Green Bay or Seattle but can't beat Miami or Cleveland?

Who knows?  Why can the Broncos go into Houston and smoke the Texans?   

It's the NFL.  

I think it is time to jettison the deadwood.  We need new fresh ideas.  Not a crew that keeps trying to put a bandaid on bad past decisions.

Quinn and TD are past their expiration date.  A new HC and GM with new thinking is what we need.  I know there are Quinn lovers out there but let it go.  What is the worse outcome?  Another 4-9 season?

I know Quinn can lead and get players to buy in...I don't think we've had the right coordinators and as others have stated: That's the FIRST EVER SB question...one we blew with him...makes it hard to not move on but also hard to do so...bury the past. Can he get you there again? We'd need the right OC for sure and then we still are left wondering if he's any bit capable of building a consistently "good" defense; i.e. complimentary at minimum? I think he can do it...we haven't see the offense consistently lead since his HR of a OC pick left...

I think he had a good foundation with Kyle on board and kept thinking if the offense was enabled the Defense would "do enough"...

I like DQ as a HC and don't want him gone, but we can't keep missing on Coordinator/scheme/system/etc...

However, it's not surprising a first time HC would face some adversity especially with the level of technology pumping year to year changes and making it hard to prepare to the 'nth degree like the best do it; and you can't with mediocre or bad coordinators. Koetter looks more and more like that. Sark could have become a good hire but there again...not enough support staff compared to the one Kyle had with him. Is that Sark's responsibility jumping back up to the NFL or Quinn's? Anyone's? etc.

I'm inclined to say MAYBE one more year IF we get the right OC.

Is Kubiak available? Get him for OC and I'm onboard with keeping Quinn.

Edited by Schwarzwald

8 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Seems like many members are softening their stance on the team, coaches, and players after another season of 1 day late, $1short kind of play. Would yall want Quinn back? 

Without question. I would have fired him at the end of last season. 

18 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Unprecedented? For the Falcons, or for the NFL? If you're saying the latter, you really need to look around the league dude. 

On second thought, you're right. Guess I tend to think you only get one chance to reorg your staff as an hc, and if it doesn't work your gone. Especially when the fall is this extreme. If he stays, do you think h ed d be able to reorg agian or have to roll with what he's got?

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

On second thought, you're right. Guess I tend to think you only get one chance to reorg your staff as an hc, and if it doesn't work your gone. Especially when the fall is this extreme. If he stays, do you think h ed d be able to reorg agian or have to roll with what he's got?

I think if he has to roll with Koetter, you might as well fire him. And he needs a full on DC. But I doubt he gets that chance.

12 hours ago, k-train said:

Mike McDaniel has a history of alcoholism & has never even served as a coordinator anywhere during his entire coaching career... yet you wanna make him our HC? :huh:

Mike was helped by TD and Quinn personally regarding his alcoholism. He claims he hasnt had so much as a beer since DQ and the team got him help. He's been with Kyle for 10 years and knows the Kyle-offense. NFL personnel say he is extremely intelligent, high football IQ and detail oriented. Look what he did with ATL and now SF offenses.

For me, Id prefer to bring him in at an OC level. 

On a different topic in this thread. I was never a "Blank is the issue" guy. I like an owner who is trying to win and I don't want an absent owner like some teams have, including ours with the Smiths. But the whole "made a promise to fix the line", bringing DK and DQ becoming the DC only to then turn it over to others has way too much smoke for it not to be Blank meddling with the team. Then add in the "falcon for life" mantra that Blank loves. Blank is literally playing GI Joes with players by keeping his favorites to play with, regardless of smart football operations.