Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Osiruz

Do yall want Quinn fired?

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

This is where I am too.  And if the answer is Quinn, fire him yesterday.

If not, then whoever made those calls (or, honestly, any of them) ought to be at least as responsible.

I am convinced of this though -- it isn't simple.  My bet is it's a mish-mash of all those things.

At this point, as much as I like Quinn, I don't think he's likely to be the answer. Big culture shift is needed in this org. But again, it really depends on how much interference there has been from other people. Without Koetter, I genuinely think this team is 9-4 instead of 4-9. The defense played well enough to win every game since the bye and several before that. How much say did Quinn have in the Koetter hire? That's the biggest question. And if they're a package deal, he has to go, period.

Everything I've seen says this decision wasn't his. FFS, he was DC for the Seahawks when we went 10-22 with Koetter and no run game, then clobbered the Bucs with him as their HC. He wanted a ZBS run game and WCO guy and brings in DK? Then gives interviews that makes it clear he hardly knew the guy beforehand? It feels off. It's a bunch of guys AB, TD, and McKay knew. That's hardly a coincidence. But he'll probably bite the bullet all the same. I guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

This is what I have learned from Dan Quinn.We will have a game like washington last year, then follow it up with Cleveland. We'll beat the brakes off the Saints and Panthers ON THE ROAD then get butt rapped at home by the Bucs. Who's fault was the 9 sacks over those 2 games? I believe Quinn has shown that he is a winner with the right staff. So who's fault is this staff? Who picked Sark and Koetter? Who made the call to have Quinn double as DC? 

I find it funny that you picked on who his OCs were. Sark and Kyle being top 8 offenses.

But you fail to ask who picked Richard Smith, MM and finally Quinn as DC? This team has failed to field a solid defense other than 2017. I thought DQ was a defense guy?

He needs to be fired for ATL to move forward.

11 minutes ago, runshoot said:

I find it funny that you picked on who his OCs were. Sark and Kyle being top 8 offenses.

But you fail to ask who picked Richard Smith, MM and finally Quinn as DC? This team has failed to field a solid defense other than 2017. I thought DQ was a defense guy?

Defense was no better than Mike Smith's time in Atlanta. Maybe even worse given the talent we had compared to Mike Smith's (minus John Abraham). 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Seems like many members are softening their stance on the team, coaches, and players after another season of 1 day late, $1short kind of play. Would yall want Quinn back? 

My opinion hasn't changed.   I think he should have been fired before the bye week.  The problem isn't that the Falcons have looked good a few times, it's that the coaching staff doesn't coax this consistently from them.  One could argue that the few times we've really looked good are actually an indictment of Quinn and his coaches because of how badly we've looked otherwise.  

I don't wish being fired upon anyone, but I suspect he'll snap up a DC job in a jiffy.  Heck, someone may even hire him as a head coach.  Regardless, I'm not so sure Blank will fire him.  This is the same guy that routinely concedes a contract negotiation with a high-priced player in public.  If he likes Quinn enough personally we could see his for another season, and Dimitroff could be the fall guy.

1 hour ago, roguebeaver said:

Bish should have already been gone! Yesterday proved nothing! A scrub quarterback with the panties, and no hc..,and some folks around these parts, are ready to crown the Queenies with a Lombardi! They are who they are, win one, lose 3 sorta dudes...nah, give him some sardines, a Dr. Pepper, a jar of ezglide and a playboy...,then kiss him g!bye! 

Da ****??? LMAO random and funny :lol:

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

At this point, who cares?  Fifty plus years and zero championships...

At this point Blank needs to sell the team to someone with football in their heart instead of money. Money will come with fan support when there is something to watch. Atlanta is a transplant city so we need to convert the transplants and a winning team will do it.

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Seems like many members are softening their stance on the team, coaches, and players after another season of 1 day late, $1short kind of play. Would yall want Quinn back? 

no  

3 hours ago, robertap said:

You know, what I realize is that I have no idea who is to blame for what's going on with this team.  I get the significant impression that Quinn did not want to fire all of his coordinators last off-season.  I believe that choice was made by either TD or Blank.  I know which one is getting on camera and declaring players, "Falcon's for life," during contract negotiations.  It also seems kinda obvious that DK wasn't Quinn's pick for OC.  I think that Quinn picked Sark, and I'm starting to feel like he wasn't wrong to pick him.  Sark made progress in year 2, and his OL was trash.

I also question the Raheem Morris move to offense.  Why on earth would you have one of your best defensive coaches, coaching offense?  Does a head coach, who's trying to win, do that kind of thing?  Quinn, apparently had to beg Blank to get Morris back on defense?

It seems to me that the guy calling all of the shots is Blank, and that's a recipe for disaster.  Blank needs to let the guys he hired, do their jobs.

.I'm pretty sure that actually happen

I’d love for him to just be better than be fired. If we played other teams the way we play the panthers I’d love to keep him. The positive that I’ll say is the team seems to fight for him but some of those players are really fighting for their own jobs and livelihoods. I.e. oloukon and Kazee. They deserve to be on major league rosters and I hope they stay on ours

Edited by MoFalconsFan56

6 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

No, let's not fire Quinn ---- I'm actually liking this mediocre, hot & cold style of play we're seeing.  I mean, when you go to the game, or watch it on TV, you NEVER know what you're going to get.  Most intriguing!!!  

LOL!!!! Ppl change their minds just like Blank does then rip him for it. When we look good we look great but when we look like **** we look like the worst team in the league. I’d like a coach who can steady the ship. We’re too talented to be looking like we do when things aren’t going well. 

1 minute ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

LOL!!!! Ppl change their minds just like Blank does then rip him for it. When we look good we look great but when we look like **** we look like the worst team in the league. I’d like a coach who can steady the ship. We’re too talented to be looking like we do when things aren’t going well. 

So, I'm assuming that's a YES?  I know, it is for me!!!  I've just run out of patience!  
Then I think, we could be the Browns....lol!

Just now, FalconJim said:

So, I'm assuming that's a YES?  I know, it is for me!!!  I've just run out of patience!  
Then I think, we could be the Browns....lol!

Yeah he should def be gone. Also the browns will get better if Rivera goes over to em. I’d love to have him coach our team but I think Cleveland’s defensive talent will be hard for him to pass up 

The one thing that I get from all of this is that excuses and bad decisions from Blank to Quinn have resulted in some good QB stats, a few winning seasons, some insanely inflated contracts, empty seats in a new stadium, an almost non-existent fan base (relatively), no Super Bowl wins, and a bleak future.

2 hours ago, runshoot said:

Except I did. I said who made the call for Quinn to double as DC. You're absolutely correct this defense has been bad most Sundays, atrocious on a few and great on a very few. 

11 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Yeah he should def be gone. Also the browns will get better if Rivera goes over to em. I’d love to have him coach our team but I think Cleveland’s defensive talent will be hard for him to pass up 

Yes, the Browns would definitely be better with Rivera as their HC.  They actually have a lot of talent on BOTH sides of the ball, and it's still a mystery to me why they're not any better than they are this season....I guess they'll just always be "the Browns" --- lol.

4 hours ago, robertap said:

You know, what I realize is that I have no idea who is to blame for what's going on with this team.  I get the significant impression that Quinn did not want to fire all of his coordinators last off-season.  I believe that choice was made by either TD or Blank.  I know which one is getting on camera and declaring players, "Falcon's for life," during contract negotiations.  It also seems kinda obvious that DK wasn't Quinn's pick for OC.  I think that Quinn picked Sark, and I'm starting to feel like he wasn't wrong to pick him.  Sark made progress in year 2, and his OL was trash.

I also question the Raheem Morris move to offense.  Why on earth would you have one of your best defensive coaches, coaching offense?  Does a head coach, who's trying to win, do that kind of thing?  Quinn, apparently had to beg Blank to get Morris back on defense?

It seems to me that the guy calling all of the shots is Blank, and that's a recipe for disaster.  Blank needs to let the guys he hired, do their jobs.

Great questions, I also have a tier of whom to blame that I cannot figure out.  The main question I have is Quinns decision to make himself DC, completely setting himself up for failure, with no fall guy? Just  poor planning professionally , and one I feel he personally made.

Lets say if TD or Blank did pressure him to become DC? What does that say about the in house decision making? No way that happened, this is all on Quinn.

4 hours ago, Osiruz said:

If he can win out I might consider it. If the 49ers blow us out that would probably be the last straw. IMO.

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If he can win out I might consider it. If the 49ers blow us out that would probably be the last straw. IMO.

I don't know, man --- I think we need to just go ahead and put him (Quinn) out of his misery....he'd probably thank us, in his exit interview ---