Boise Falcon Fan

OL Yesterday

54 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the game yesterday, but I see that our backs carried the ball well, and MR was only sacked once. I am assuming our OL looked much better with Lindstrom back. How did the OL overall look? How did Lindstrom look?

FalconsIn2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the game yesterday, but I see that our backs carried the ball well, and MR was only sacked once. I am assuming our OL looked much better with Lindstrom back. How did the OL overall look? How did Lindstrom look?

Lindstrom and Wes were very good, but Gono stole the show.  Guard play went from a negative to a strength by simply making Brown, Carp & Ty inactive

1 minute ago, arrogantBEAST said:

With that being said, Carolina is one of the worst in run defense. I think they are allowing avg 140 rushing yards per game. 

They also have one of the better pass rushes and Matt stayed upright all game, except for the Schweitzer step. By the way that wasn't the first time Schweitzer has done that. Maybe time to examine his big steps back.

Vandy, Drew4719, Geneaut and 2 others like this

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Lindstrom and Wes were very good, but Gono stole the show.  Guard play went from a negative to a strength by simply making Brown, Carp & Ty inactive

I liked all three. I could seriously see Wes being the OC next season, flanked by Gono and Lindstrom. Mack is going to be expensive and is aging. @Vandy called this possibility long ago.

LT Matthew

LG Lindstrom

OC Wes S

RG Gono

RT McGary 

This isn't a bad lineup.

Just now, MSalmon said:

I liked all three. I could seriously see Wes being the OC next season, flanked by Gono and Lindstrom. Mack is going to be expensive and is aging. @Vandy called this possibility long ago.

LT Matthew

LG Lindstrom

OC Wes S

RG Gono

RT McGary 

This isn't a bad lineup.

I've seen a few sites list Lindstrom as an OC coming out of college. Though Wes looked good at center in preseason.

Drew4719, Vandy, MSalmon and 1 other like this

14 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Everybody wants to make a million posts about mcgary when he struggles....

He maulled dudes and ball out.... I hear nothing tho

He slays with a good run game. Having Gono balling next to him helped a bunch too. Didn't get worn out trying to protect the QB in shotgun on every play.

Koetter just needs to go, period.

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

I'm no expert, but I thought Lindstrom and Gono looked good on the right. Other than stepping on Matt's foot I thought Schweitzer did well on the left.

Wait a sec  - what was the OL lineup yesterday?

2 hours ago, Flyin' In DC said:

The real test is next Sunday versus the D-Line in the NFL. I suspect they won't look as good against the 49'ers. I hope they continue to improve and actually play the right players. Carpenter and Brown seemed to be a big waste of money or completely wrong fits for this team

The former. They were allowed to walk by teams that have had massive o-line struggles for a reason. 

I will continue to say I sure hope the team isn’t dumb enough to let Gono be a plus player for another team.

i still think in a truly open and fair competition he would beat out McGary...but I have been a Gono fanboy since his rookie camp so...

14 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Gono looked DOMINANT through most of his snaps...

I use to be all for quinn and this staff. I'm tired of them taking forever to put the better player on the field. I dont understand why coaches do that. 

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

I will continue to say I sure hope the team isn’t dumb enough to let Gono be a plus player for another team.

i still think in a truly open and fair competition he would beat out McGary...but I have been a Gono fanboy since his rookie camp so...

He looked better than most one the line to me.

Bunchy Carter likes this

41 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

Wait a sec  - what was the OL lineup yesterday?

LT - Matthews
LG - Schweitzer
C - Mack
RG - Lindstrom/Gono - Easing Lindstrom back into it.
RT - McGary

2 minutes ago, runshoot said:

The 1 sack came from the RG spot. Dont remember who was the guard at the time, Gono or Linstrom

Schweitzer stepped on Matt's foot which sent him stumbling back to the turf. Whomever got their hands on him got the sack. It wasn't because of blocking tho.

red falcon and rugger8 like this

7 minutes ago, red falcon said:

He looked better than most one the line to me.

I just wish we knew what he could do in a game situation going into the offseason.

Heck with our upcoming cap issues sure would be nice if we could plug him at LT and get a nice return for Jake (and I like Jake so not bashing)

he is built to be a LT.

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

I'm no expert, but I thought Lindstrom and Gono looked good on the right. Other than stepping on Matt's foot I thought Schweitzer did well on the left.

That was actually Matt's fault.  The QB is responsible for the retreat after the snap. Lineman are trained to set as needed. And no I'm not a Matt hater.