Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Faithful Falcon

Ice Water

26 posts in this topic

Matt Ryan does not give a F when he plays The Carolina Panthers. How many times has he went for the kill against them with our backs in the shadow of our own end zone?

Every time he does something, he leaves them pissed. Jackson was mad at the coach for going Cover Zero. "You can't do that against a QB like Matt Ryan".

People talk trash about him, but he has respect.

I'm just glad Blake wasn't the target on that play. With the mistakes that he had yesterday I think he would have dropped that pass or would have been tripped up. Zaccheaus would have earned more snaps for that play alone. He has home run speed. Now I want to see if he's consistent

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm just glad Blake wasn't the target on that play. With the mistakes that he had yesterday I think he would have dropped that pass or would have been tripped up. Zaccheaus would have earned more snaps for that play alone. He has home run speed. Now I want to see if he's consistent

I’m glad he caught the ball. He mentioned looking for It in the lights and eventually found it. That was a huge issue of his when he was being tested as a returner. 

29 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I’m glad he caught the ball. He mentioned looking for It in the lights and eventually found it. That was a huge issue of his when he was being tested as a returner. 

I noticed that too. He looked back and clearly didnt see the ball for a good 3 steps, and then had 2 steps for the last second adjustment when he saw it. Great catch but scary to notice the lights being an issue. Props to Z for finding the ball and making the catch.

30 minutes ago, runshoot said:

I noticed that too. He looked back and clearly didnt see the ball for a good 3 steps, and then had 2 steps for the last second adjustment when he saw it. Great catch but scary to notice the lights being an issue. Props to Z for finding the ball and making the catch.

A lot of people talk about those super high passes that Matt throws. On the post game show, Harry Douglas said that Matt throws those passes high because they’re thrown before the WR makes the dig for the post pattern and he just aims for a spot. Harry said Matt told him dig hard then look up. I’ll put the ball high enough to buy you time to locate It. I am messing up the wording but it’s pretty close to what he said. 

Whats amazing is Matt said that’s the first time he’s thrown that route to OZ. 

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

A lot of people talk about those super high passes that Matt throws.

What most people talk about is Ryan's lack of arm strength.  They seem to forget that Ryan has consistently been one of the league's most efficient deep ball passers.  That might be because Ryan puts a lot of air under his throws to make it easier for his receivers to find the ball.

4 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Matt Ryan does not give a F when he plays The Carolina Panthers. How many times has he went for the kill against them with our backs in the shadow of our own end zone?

Every time he does something, he leaves them pissed. Jackson was mad at the coach for going Cover Zero. "You can't do that against a QB like Matt Ryan".

People talk trash about him, but he has respect.

Wish he had that same attitude vs every team he played against

falconfreak1 and roguebeaver like this

18 minutes ago, robertap said:

What most people talk about is Ryan's lack of arm strength.  They seem to forget that Ryan has consistently been one of the league's most efficient deep ball passers.  That might be because Ryan puts a lot of air under his throws to make it easier for his receivers to find the ball.

Matt over threw Julio on a long ball yesterday. If he would have had a tab more touch, but that ball was on a line and Julio was in full stride and couldn’t catch up...

”BuT rYaN hAs A nOoDdLe ArM!!!!”

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Been talking-up Zaccheaus since I first saw him catch a pass, and had 0% of making the team. He could be special. 

Edited by Cheap Talk
ya_boi_j likes this

1 hour ago, wartownfalcon said:

Matt over threw Julio on a long ball yesterday. If he would have had a tab more touch, but that ball was on a line and Julio was in full stride and couldn’t catch up...

”BuT rYaN hAs A nOoDdLe ArM!!!!”

Yea, it's almost like if you give Matt Ryan a pocket to step into to, he can deliver the ball downfield with little difficulty. Witchcraft!

While it was a beautiful throw, He also missed Julio wide open on a beautiful double move earlier in the game. Should have been a walk in 48 yard TD but he over threw it.

red falcon likes this

53 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

While it was a beautiful throw, He also missed Julio wide open on a beautiful double move earlier in the game. Should have been a walk in 48 yard TD but he over threw it.

Ice is not the best deep ball thrower over or under throwing and holding the ball to long and not releasing early on deep patterns. Helluva intermediate thrower though.

5 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

A lot of people talk about those super high passes that Matt throws. On the post game show, Harry Douglas said that Matt throws those passes high because they’re thrown before the WR makes the dig for the post pattern and he just aims for a spot. Harry said Matt told him dig hard then look up. I’ll put the ball high enough to buy you time to locate It. I am messing up the wording but it’s pretty close to what he said. 

Whats amazing is Matt said that’s the first time he’s thrown that route to OZ. 

4 hours ago, robertap said:

What you guys said is basically exactly why Dan Orlovsky stated before that he believes Matt Ryan has the best deep ball in the NFL. 

NWFALCON and Schwarzwald like this

3 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Wish he had that same attitude vs every team he played against

And what do you know about his attitude to make such a comment? Regardless of the results, you have no clue of his attitude.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

No noodle arm on that throw.

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Ice is not the best deep ball thrower over or under throwing and holding the ball to long and not releasing early on deep patterns. Helluva intermediate thrower though.

He's probably throwing more deep balls while under pressure than anyone. Critics doesn't seem to understand pressure. Anyone that know that game of football should know that, there's no such thing as a perfect pass. If you try to make a perfect pass, it would probably get intercepted. QBs make throws, Receivers make catches.

Schwarzwald likes this

6 hours ago, Peteshweddy said:

Glancing at a replay of the pass yesterday I noticed Ryan threw it off his back foot for 55 yards. Pretty d*mn good in my opinion, considering he was throwing from his own end zone facing a blitz.

somebody here tried to get into a discussion that he couldn't throw it 50 yards in the air, I believe was back before FA and the draft this year. We started posting up gifs of completions that were clearly over 50 in the air and he still couldn't admit to being wrong, gotta love this place,  :lol:

Peteshweddy and Schwarzwald like this

What people can't comprehend  and seem to overlook, is every QB misses, under throws, and overthrows deep throws every week. The people you think do it better than Ryan, actually miss as many or more than him. People highlight watch. They only pay attention to the ones other QBs hit, not all the ones they missed before that. 

10 hours ago, robertap said:

Exactly.

And he just threw the longest TD pass of his career.

Ryan needs to be traded...pfffft. 

Peteshweddy likes this

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

somebody here tried to get into a discussion that he couldn't throw it 50 yards in the air, I believe was back before FA and the draft this year. We started posting up gifs of completions that were clearly over 50 in the air and he still couldn't admit to being wrong, gotta love this place,  :lol:

People see what they want to see, seems a lot of these “fans” might need glasses.

papachaz and Schwarzwald like this