Vic Beasley is now top 5 in franchise history in sacks

Yes, the obligatory Monoxide/Beasley thread for this month.

The top 4 sack leaders all did it in over 100 games. Vic is at 35.5 sacks in 74 games. Sure that's probably more of a testament to some terrible pass rushers in our franchise (and no Claude Humphrey since the sack statistic wasn't invented yet), but still a cool tidbit for Vic after a fantastic game.

He's now sitting at 6 sacks through 13 games. The 2nd most of his career behind his All-Pro sack leading season. He has certainly been underwhelming at times, but there's no doubt we've seen improvements from last year. Even if I'm willing to settle that Vic's best usage is as a situational pass rusher, I'm cautiously optimistic that he may be brought back on a team-friendly inexpensive deal. I know this place would absolutely riot if that occurred, but his production this season at 2 or 3 million dollars as opposed to 12.5 million dollars wouldn't aggravate me.

Okay okay, let the flaming begin!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a embarrassing stat for the franchise

Yes, the obligatory Monoxide/Beasley thread for this month. The top 4 sack leaders all did it in over 100 games. Vic is at 35.5 sacks in 74 games. Sure that's probably more of a testament to some

The thing is is Vic is going to be paid 10 mil on the market just because of his 6-8 sacks this year, his all pro season and potential. I don’t believe he deserves it but someone unlucky sucker is gon

50 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

The top 4 sack leaders all did it in over 100 games. Vic is at 35.5 sacks in 74 games. Sure that's probably more of a testament to some terrible pass rushers in our franchise (and no Claude Humphrey since the sack statistic wasn't invented yet), but still a cool tidbit for Vic after a fantastic game.

He's now sitting at 6 sacks through 13 games. The 2nd most of his career behind his All-Pro sack leading season. He has certainly been underwhelming at times, but there's no doubt we've seen improvements from last year. Even if I'm willing to settle that Vic's best usage is as a situational pass rusher, I'm cautiously optimistic that he may be brought back on a team-friendly inexpensive deal. I know this place would absolutely riot if that occurred, but his production this season at 2 or 3 million dollars as opposed to 12.5 million dollars wouldn't aggravate me.

Yeah for 3-4m hes a def keeper for situational pass rusher. But he will prob go to the Patriots for 3 mil,and we aren't giving more than that.

53 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

The vitriol for Vic Beasley on TATF knows no bounds.  He is on pace for 8-9 sacks which is a very good year for a starting Edge rusher...but in these parts, Michael Thomas isn’t elite & Vic Beasley is complete trash.  

46 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

The thing is is Vic is going to be paid 10 mil on the market just because of his 6-8 sacks this year, his all pro season and potential. I don’t believe he deserves it but someone unlucky sucker is gonna take the bait.

They are not unlucky if he gets them 8-10 sacks for 10 million

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Edge Rushers should earn around 1 million per sack.  Unfortunately it’s more like 1.5.  Vic will earn around 10 million APY, but I would keep him for 8

He does nothing other than the plays he whoops on bad players.  Just like in 16 when he got a bunch of unblocked sacks, chased qbs for a loss and beat horribly bad tackles.  He is garbage against any kind of talent.  The fact we have to hear his name in a post comparing him with John Abraham is embarrassing.  I’d rather him not take a roster spot at vet min at this point, his effort is garbage 90% of his snaps.

You find Shaq Barrett type of guys and build off that kind of pass rush.  We have guys like Larkin waiting for a shot.  Just like Gono and some of the other young guys who have been waiting, watching the garbage in front of them.... This team needs to start trusting the young hungry athletic guys.  

Including MR. WENTZELLLLLLLLLL.  Oh mr. Wentzellllll

9 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

You find Shaq Barrett type of guys and build off that kind of pass rush.  We have guys like Larkin waiting for a shot.  Just like Gono and some of the other young guys who have been waiting, watching the garbage in front of them.... This team needs to start trusting the young hungry athletic guys.  

Including MR. WENTZELLLLLLLLLL.  Oh mr. Wentzellllll

Seriously what was trusting all those rooks we started in the SB.

Trusting young talent this place doesn’t want that.

Check the responses and threads posted last week when McGary got his butt handed to him.

Trust young talent this team is built on it.

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The vitriol for Vic Beasley on TATF knows no bounds.  He is on pace for 8-9 sacks which is a very good year for a starting Edge rusher...but in these parts, Michael Thomas isn’t elite & Vic Beasley is complete trash.  

Exactly. I hope we re-sign him for about 4 yrs 43m or so. Add an Epensa or a pass-rushing DT and we're looking good on pass-rushing front!

He's not unlike many edges, need to be rotated.

4.5 of these 6 sacks have came against division rivals. Not impressive after being a ghost the first 8 games. While some people here only judge players based on how they finish, some of us look at the overall results. Considering how many almosts he’s had, can’t blame it on coaching. 

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

4.5 of these 6 sacks have came against division rivals. Not impressive after being a ghost the first 8 games. While some people here only judge players based on how they finish, some of us look at the overall results. Considering how many almosts he’s had, can’t blame it on coaching. 

One could counter this by pointing out nobody on the team had more than 3 sacks thru 8 games.  Not surprisingly, those 8 games weee when we were using odd man fronts.

After the bye we transitioned to 4-3 Under which is when Vic and the entire defense was allowed to play to their strengths.  4 sacks in 5 games since moving to 4-3 Under is an encouraging sign.  Hopefully he finishes with 3-4 more to end his year

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

One could counter this by pointing out nobody on the team had more than 3 sacks thru 8 games.  Not surprisingly, those 8 games weee when we were using odd man fronts.

After the bye we transitioned to 4-3 Under which is when Vic and the entire defense was allowed to play to their strengths.  4 sacks in 5 games since moving to 4-3 Under is an encouraging sign.  Hopefully he finishes with 3-4 more to end his year

Why so we can overpay a rotational pass rusher at best?

7 hours ago, AxManBigFan said:

The thing is is Vic is going to be paid 10 mil on the market just because of his 6-8 sacks this year, his all pro season and potential. I don’t believe he deserves it but someone unlucky sucker is gonna take the bait.

That sucker will be us. Falcon 4 Life. 

We have a Ring of Honor club. Next will be a Falcon 4 Life club designation. 

14 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

What scares me is if he goes to the Pats or Seahawks, he has 10 by now, easy.

We’ve rarely had coaches in this town that could either coach them up individually or put players in a scheme that maximizes their strengths. It’s an epidemic in this town since the 60s. That why they go elsewhere and shine.