socalriseup

Trufant done for season

63 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We need cap space. Would take a dead cap hit but he's a cut candidate. 

He was gone before the injury.

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

That’s too bad. He has been playing at a pro bowl level.

Only have had 4 interceptions this year that's plain OK is not playing like a pro bowl 

Sorry to hear this....Tru had been playing fairly well, lately, at least, when he was in there.  And I'm afraid, his veteran presence will be sorely missed on the defense! 
So, Good Luck and God's Speed, Trufant.....get well soon ---  ;)

4 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We both know he wont be back next season, but wish him well.. He actually played decent the last few games 

Could easily be back next season. Has a 10m dead cap. 

8 hours ago, lju713 said:

This will be the reason the FO drafts Okudah. They will stay Tru is fragile (true) and release him. I'm sure the next GM is gonna want to dump that contract.

If they manage to miss out on Young, I wouldn't be against this

PokerSteve likes this

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Eat the dead money and move on next year.

Amen x 5000.

Take this mediocre horse out of there and get me a thoroughbred. Okudeh would do for me. I would like to see what Jordan Hill can do, now that we know Sheff is the real deal. 

6 hours ago, 81KJW said:

Only have had 4 interceptions this year that's plain OK is not playing like a pro bowl 

Yeah, because your a good judge of how someone is playing. INTs aren’t the only thing...look past the box score guy.

notice how many agree w my assessment vs yours? Not a coincidence.

THEHEADCOACH likes this

7 hours ago, 81KJW said:

fact check. league leader has 5 INT's. Currently 4 INT's is tied for 1st with 5 more players, 3 being CB's in the NFC. I thought you said you were always right?

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

fact check. league leader has 5 INT's. Currently 4 INT's is tied for 1st with 5 more players, 3 being CB's in the NFC. I thought you said you were always right?

Now that the season is out of hand our worthless players start balling and everyone is reminiscing and wants them back lol. 

3 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Now that the season is out of hand our worthless players start balling and everyone is reminiscing and wants them back lol. 

In trufants case, he’s had a solid season overall. In cases such as Beasley, I do not and will not support bringing him back. 4.5 of 6 sacks against division rivals and all of a sudden we’re supposed to praise him. No thanks. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

In trufants case, he’s had a solid season overall. In cases such as Beasley, I do not and will not support bringing him back. 4.5 of 6 sacks against division rivals and all of a sudden we’re supposed to praise him. No thanks. 

Dont want any solid sacred cow players on this roster. Vb44, and Trufart must be sacrificed. The pitch forks are out and heads must roll. Trufart only plays well when you least expect it, same for vb44, Takk, and Campbell. 

Just now, Osiruz said:

Dont want any solid sacred cow players on this roster. Vb44, and Trufart must be sacrificed. The pitch forks are out and heads must roll. Trufart only plays well when you least expect it, same for vb44, Takk, and Campbell. 

I don’t disagree that high salaries can be sacrificed but I’m also going to give credit where credit is due. I don’t believe in judging players based off of one half of a season. Trufant deserves credit for this entire season unlike the others you named

vitaman likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t disagree that high salaries can be sacrificed but I’m also going to give credit where credit is due. I don’t believe in judging players based off of one half of a season. Trufant deserves credit for this entire season unlike the others you named

Hes been up and down as well. I am not going to be fooled by a fluke performance.

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We need cap space. Would take a dead cap hit but he's a cut candidate. 

He's a $10.2m cap casualty if cut before 6/1/20 and still a $4.4 cap casualty if cut after.  He is likely not going anywhere unless we can maybe get an injury settlement.  Plus, with his injury, he has no trade value unless we find a real sucker.

https://overthecap.com/calculator/atlanta-falcons/

Desmond Trufant overall for the Falcons, was nothing more than a good average cornerback good enough to start in the NFL. He was good for the Falcons, but he was never great. Don't know if the Panthers game was his last as a Falcon. We'll see. He was playing so well late this year I hate it for him. I hope for a speedy recovery for him. Just remember, the Falcons last 2 division titles (2012, 2016) no Desmond Trufant. The Falcons overall, have done better without Trufant. In the 7 seasons Trufant has been with the Falcons, only 1 postseason run for him which was a wildcard in 2017. Only 1. It wasn't his fault for the injury in 2016, but it's still a trend that I can't deny to notice. 

duckhoa likes this

12 hours ago, Sell The Team, Art said:

An average player.  Not completely terrible, but never lived up to the hype...

This is so dumb. Trufant was absolutely a great #1 corner for a while. That’s how he got paid so much in the first place. He was never elite but he was pretty darn good. It will always be odd to me how recency bias is such a thing 

Edited by Captain Falcon
1989Fan and falconsd56 like this