k-train

Vic Beasley - What if...

51 posts in this topic

It really don't matter what anyone on here thinks,, Vic  will be brought back , count on it.. TD and FO are to smart to let him go now that he has had to time to figure our how to play his position well.. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

13 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

It really don't matter what anyone on here thinks,, Vic  will be brought back , count on it.. TD and FO are to smart to let him go now that he has had to time to figure our how to play his position well.. 

LOL he's soft and still hasn't figured out his position. They were trying to get rid of him at the deadline for any draft pick and couldn't find any takers. Dude is out of here.

ki46dinah, Club212 and Atl Falcon like this

Well, it's a great day to be  OLB Vic Beasley and RB Brian Hills Biggest Fan...... Yeap!!!! A great day.. Both had a really good Day. The good thing is as I've said before ,, They are still improving..  Just think how good they may be by next season... Thank you , Thank you very much...  I'd love to have both Jerseys..

Godzilla1985 likes this

Vic is a situational rusher ONLY. I wish we had one or two other capable edge rushers and used him in a Jason Babin type role. Either let him walk, or low-ball him and bring him in on obvious passing downs next year.

OH! you can count on it.. Hill and Beasley will be brought back,, why train them to the point He is now arriving to pro status.. And his arrow is pointing up..., Yeah baby,, we are on our way... gonna be a lot of surprised at how good both these players will be by this time next year.. You say why,, Because the team is just now letting them run and turning them lose....... That;s why.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:27 PM, HASHBROWN3 said:

Happy for Vic.  The immature hatred & personal attacks only make those spewing the nonsense look cheap & mean spirited.  

Whatever happens I wish him all the best.

Please don't mistake my memes for hating him :ninja: but mature? yeah...maybe not there yet.

Vic has a place for a price. He isn't an every down guy, IMO. In a role he could flourish, but he's never been a dominant guy that takes over games consistently so this is really about price. Good rotational guy but your franchise DE that is supposed to beast for you and draw double teams?

If a team wants to offer him that in UFA? Take the 3rd round comp. If he tests waters and no one believes in him like Fowler to Rams? Then, try to get him back for 2-3 years on $4-$5M average max.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

I can see a role for VB44 on this team.

BUT it’s all dependent on soughting out thee offense.

This  team is a team built around scoring points and playing with leads.This needs to be our identity and then guys like the mentioned can be effective and have an expanded role.

Schwarzwald and falconsd56 like this

On 12/8/2019 at 3:50 PM, k-train said:

Beasley has quietly been having a solid few weeks w/ something like 4 sacks & 2 FF in the past 5 games.

What if Vic fools around & nets 4 more sacks in the remaining games to finish the year with 10 total?

Do you try to bring him back at that point, or do you let him walk & pray someone else will give him a big deal so we can get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick?

No. I want nothing to do with him. Team made a huge mistake picking up that 14 million dollar price tag this season 

Like I said all along, picking up his option was pointless. Regardless of the outcome, he was gone after this season. If he sucked all year, he’s gone because we wouldn’t want him. If he had a great year, we couldn’t afford him. 

That was tons of cap money better spent elsewhere, and it showed.

Rings likes this

On 12/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, HASHBROWN3 said:

Happy for Vic.  The immature hatred & personal attacks only make those spewing the nonsense look cheap & mean spirited.  

Whatever happens I wish him all the best.

Indeed.

Sports fans in general spew too much hatred for athletes

kiwifalcon and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Indeed.

Sports fans in general spew too much hatred for athletes

When Ridley went off yesterday I saw a thread sounding like it was the end of his career lol and yet Trufant was also put on the IR yet not a care in the world :shrug:

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

When Ridley went off yesterday I saw a thread sounding like it was the end of his career lol and yet Trufant was also put on the IR yet not a care in the world :shrug:

The poster was asking what happened because he missed it then you came in and tried to get off topic while others showed concern. That’s not making it sound like the end of his career. You may not like or agree with what he says but you don’t have to lie to kick it. 

On 12/8/2019 at 5:00 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

For 6-7 million I absolutely would bring him back.  He is at his best as a situational rusher..he is an elite edge rusher when the offense builds a nice lead

I'd go for a front loaded deal around 10m per fro him. For the exact reasons you said. He's an elite passing down situational rusher and that's about the right cost

On 12/8/2019 at 4:51 PM, ya_boi_j said:

No thanks. His best games have only came against division rivals. Can literally say that about the entire team. He can go and collect his next pay day elsewhere

I agree no thanks, but.....don’t you want your best games against division rivals? 

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The poster was asking what happened because he missed it then you came in and tried to get off topic while others showed concern. That’s not making it sound like the end of his career. You may not like or agree with what he says but you don’t have to lie to kick it. 

Actually I just found it ironic that it would be blown out of proportion when in all essence there wasn’t enough information around to suggest you’d think the worst.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Actually I just found it ironic that it would be blown out of proportion when in all essence there wasn’t enough information around to suggest you’d think the worst.

Some people actually care to find information, especially if you aren't able to watch and see or hear about it when it happens. Trying to turn it into a thread about Coleman was pretty ignorant and insincere to the situation 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Some people actually care to find information, especially if you aren't able to watch and see or hear about it when it happens. Trying to turn it into a thread about Coleman was pretty ignorant and insincere to the situation 

Not really the given poster takes shots at Freeman very chance he gets.

The question is really do we think Quinn's mish-mash D earlier in the season hampered Vic, or was he just lolly-gagging the way he often does most of the season?

I happen to like Vic because I think there's always a place for a speed rusher on a team. I just don't like him $14M worth.

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

The question is really do we think Quinn's mish-mash D earlier in the season hampered Vic, or was he just lolly-gagging the way he often does most of the season?

I happen to like Vic because I think there's always a place for a speed rusher on a team. I just don't like him $14M worth.

How bout below 12.8.