Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlrfalcon

Are Koo and Allen our K and P for the future? Does anybody want Bosher back?

Kicker and Punter for next year?   64 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want for our kicker and punter next year?

• Koo and a FA/Drafted P
    • Allen and a FA/Drafted K
    • Bosher and a FA/Drafted K
    • Koo and Allen
    • Koo and Bosher
    • Both a FA/Drafted K and P

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Koo - he is nailbiting but he appears reliable within 40 yards and also can actually do kickoffs (rather than using our P)

Allen - his punts are pretty precise and acceptable?

Bosher - he was showing signs of age last year and really was only needed because Bryant couldn't do kickoffs

I say we at least start with with Koo and Allen next year (both should be relatively cheap?) and send Bosher out the door

Any disagreement - should we consider drafting a K or P or signing a FA for either?

Edited by jlrfalcon

Bosher is good as gone at this point. Allen has been pretty from my eye. I like Koo. I just want him to work on straightening up his kicks. I like him getting into the action on kickoffs and how he has kicked the ball on onside. There's certainly potential in these two.

I like them both. I would like to see Koo able to make some further FG’s. The 50 yarder today was a positive, but I’d like him to be able to make those 52-58 yard kicks at some point. The positive is he’s extremely accurate. He went 19/20 his SR year at Georgia Southern & was 14/14 in the AAF before it folded. 

16 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Bring back Matt Bryant on a cheap one year deal. 

If we go on a Super Bowl run, then yes. Activate him for one game so he becomes eligible for a ring.

Sadly, father time is undefeated and I'm afraid he (and his buddy Vinatieri) are both finished. Last players from NFL Europe, last players who entered the league in the 1990's (Bryant was an UDFA in 1999, but did not see his first NFL action until 2001). End of an era in many ways.

7 minutes ago, TXAintsHater said:

If we go on a Super Bowl run, then yes. Activate him for one game so he becomes eligible for a ring.

Sadly, father time is undefeated and I'm afraid he (and his buddy Vinatieri) are both finished. Last players from NFL Europe, last players who entered the league in the 1990's (Bryant was an UDFA in 1999, but did not see his first NFL action until 2001). End of an era in many ways.

Other than the missed extra point all of his misses were 50+. He probably got another year or so left. His wife said he plans on playing next year.

52 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I had to look to make sure this wasn't posted about 14 months ago LOL. Come on man.

Watch it or the next thing you know is he will make a new thread:

"Should the Falcon's bring back Matt Bryant on a cheap 1 year deal?"

octoslash and papachaz like this