4LoveoftheGame

Congrats Matt Ryan on joining the 50,000 yard club

42 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, robertap said:

Some of us just liked the post.  I'm a long-time defender of Ryan, but do we need to reply to a topic every time someone posts something positive?

That said, I understand the sentiment.  There's way too much Ryan hate around here.  There's about 4 people that I work with that are big Falcons fans, and 3 of them hate Ryan.  I just don't get it.  People don't remember what it's like to lose every season.  They don't get that the guy has never had a defense, nor a consistent run game or OL.  (or coaching staff for that matter.)

Many people’s hate on Ryan isn’t just about wins and losses.

19 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

It is my sincere wish to one day be payed.

Seriously though, nobody can take this accomplishment away from him. I'm glad it happened for him

I rather have the championship...

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

The Falcons wouldn’t have had any better a chance at a SB without him.

50,000 yards and he didn't have the authority to check out of that horrible call that Shanahan made on 2nd down in the Superbowl?  This is not a knock at Ryan, its a knock at how you got a guy who puts up that much yardage, and the Falcons didn't give him authority to check out of a horrible play in the Superbowl.  Or was it the opposite? Ryan failed to check out of a horrible play.   My point is people outside Atlanta judge him on those moments, not the yardage.  Thats why they don't talk about Rivers or Stafford also.  No chip, they don't care...

Edited by Spts1

50 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

50,000 yards and he didn't have the authority to check out of that horrible call that Shanahan made on 2nd down in the Superbowl?  This is not a knock at Ryan, its a knock at how you got a guy who puts up that much yardage, and the Falcons didn't give him authority to check out of a horrible play in the Superbowl.  Or was it the opposite? Ryan failed to check out of a horrible play.   My point is people outside Atlanta judge him on those moments, not the yardage.  Thats why they don't talk about Rivers or Stafford also.  No chip, they don't care...

Can't even give the guy one thread, have to come crashing in and complain in every single one.  Must be one horribly unfortunate existence to be so miserable.

54 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

LOL, cry louder for us lil baby.  
:lol:

athell likes this

Ryan is having the NFL version of Hank Aaron’s career.  In Aaron’s prime years everyone talked about Mays, Banks, Clemente, etc., and it wasn’t until his final few seasons that non-Braves fans finally appreciated how freaking good he was.  

I guarantee that 90% of NFL fans would be stunned if you told them Matt Ryan has 4,000 more career yards than Aaron Rodgers 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

1 hour ago, athell said:

So would he...

This is what I’m saying. I really doubt he cares that much ab this milestone so why should I? Appreciative? Yes. But do I really care that much? No. I don’t need this stat to tell me ryan has been a great qb. But it may open eyes for some out of market ppl that don’t pay attention to us a lot. 

athell likes this

36 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Ryan is having the NFL version of Hank Aaron’s career.  In Aaron’s prime years everyone talked about Mays, Banks, Clemente, etc., and it wasn’t until his final few seasons that non-Braves fans finally appreciated how freaking good he was.  

I guarantee that 90% of NFL fans would be stunned if you told them Matt Ryan has 4,000 more career yards than Aaron Rodgers 

Yeah the media would lead u to believe Rodgers has 100,000 yards and 800 touchdowns and every interception he’s ever thrown is Mike McCarthys fault 

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Remember back in 2011 the big Matt Ryan criticism was that he was a "game manager" that couldn't throw over 300 yards in a game. I think last game they mentioned he had just thrown for his 64th 300 yard game lol. 

Lol they also labeled him a choke artist in like 2010 cuz we didn’t win the super bowl his rookie season :lol:

Matt Ryan is also 5th all time in YPG. Higher than Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers and is a couple of fractions of a yard behind Payton Manning who is 4th all time. (who'll he probably finish above when it's all said and done). 

Mr.Blank and athell like this