4LoveoftheGame

Congrats Matt Ryan on joining the 50,000 yard club

42 posts in this topic

I think something that is lost with Ryan, is that not only is he putting up yards compared to historical NFL QB's, we are in the era of throwing offenses and throwing quarterbacks, and he continues to be at the top of that list.  The only way this happens is to play at a high level for a long time, which speaks volumes about his longevity and toughness, in the face of sub par offensive lines.  

6 hours ago, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

Glad hes our QB. The haters can say whatever they want about garbage time stats or how much hes getting payed. Im proud of what he has done for this franchise. Congrats Ryan. 

It is my sincere wish to one day be payed.

Seriously though, nobody can take this accomplishment away from him. I'm glad it happened for him

HASHBROWN3 and Godzilla1985 like this

Matty Ice is my favorite QB of all time. I have his 2012 signed jersey hanging on my way. A team signed ball from 2011. A helmet signed by him from 2008. I can't imagine me ever loving a QB more than I do him. Grats Ice, here's hoping you can play till 40. Let's get you in the HOF. 

Congrats to Matt Ryan! Amazing accomplishment and I personally look forward to all the other records he will set for this franchise. The best QB we will ever witness playing for our favorite NFL franchise!

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

and there ain't more than 6 folks on the board who can muster up a congrats smfh.

Some of us just liked the post.  I'm a long-time defender of Ryan, but do we need to reply to a topic every time someone posts something positive?

That said, I understand the sentiment.  There's way too much Ryan hate around here.  There's about 4 people that I work with that are big Falcons fans, and 3 of them hate Ryan.  I just don't get it.  People don't remember what it's like to lose every season.  They don't get that the guy has never had a defense, nor a consistent run game or OL.  (or coaching staff for that matter.)

Yeah I mean it’s cool but I doubt he really cares. 50,000 is a nice round number but everyone slings the ball these days. I think it really is a testament to his ability to stay healthy more than anything. 

Great career so far. Some of these jokers act like he is done @ 34 years old. I

Get him Mike Lefleur and he has another MVP worthy season. He's going to have 65k yards before he retires and if he plays til 40 something has a legit shot at the all time record.

Rogers is 4k yards shy of 50,  but yeah let's get rid of number 10 all time because he's 34 y.o.

6 hours ago, robertap said:

Some of us just liked the post.  I'm a long-time defender of Ryan, but do we need to reply to a topic every time someone posts something positive?

That said, I understand the sentiment.  There's way too much Ryan hate around here.  There's about 4 people that I work with that are big Falcons fans, and 3 of them hate Ryan.  I just don't get it.  People don't remember what it's like to lose every season.  They don't get that the guy has never had a defense, nor a consistent run game or OL.  (or coaching staff for that matter.)

Good post, you’re right.  I guess I was surprised at how few chimed in with some congrats on the 50K I guess.  I’m sure most appreciate that accomplishment for sure.  I was being fickle more than likely.  

13 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Yeah I mean it’s cool but I doubt he really cares. 50,000 is a nice round number but everyone slings the ball these days. I think it really is a testament to his ability to stay healthy more than anything. 

And out of all those "everyones" no one since 2008 has more yards than he does. 

4LoveoftheGame likes this