Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconsIn2012

Chase Young

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Getting neutralized again tonight.   It’s a bit different when you are not playing with a huge lead or can’t get to 3rd & long.  Make him set the edge and defend the run.

He isn’t the lock All Pro everyone thinks.  

Yet TATF Tankers want to tank for him. OK.

Yup, cause no players ever get game planned for, and have a silent 1/3 of a game. Last time these teams played he had 4 sacks...do we ignore that now?

He is still the best DL prospect by a wide margin. Don’t see the point in downing him because you prefer Okudah or Delpit.

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Getting neutralized again tonight.   It’s a bit different when you are not playing with a huge lead or can’t get to 3rd & long.  Make him set the edge and defend the run.

He isn’t the lock All Pro everyone thinks.  

Isn't that most pass rushers?

3 minutes ago, LouDog said:

We have had 2 games all year where we didnt sit back in a soft zone and actually played aggressive D. In those 2 games the pass rush feasted.  We have bigger needs than another passrusher

Takk and Cominsky are the only DEs under contract after this season.

5 minutes ago, LouDog said:

We have plenty of picks or can go after someone in free agency. No need to use a top 10 pick on a DE

I agree it doesn’t have to be a DE, but it is definitely a top tier need and justifiable to take one in round one. Really we have better talent at about every DB spot than we do at DE after this season. I could get behind a top CB like Okudah or a ballhawk like Delpit, as well as a beast next to Grady like Brown or Kinlaw. We have plenty of needs and will be in a spot to fill one early.

gonna be interesting to see what a new staff sees as our biggest need after evaluating the film on the roster.

18 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Even JJ Watt got neutralized in college in some games. So did Aaron Donald so...

Yea.  .. it's insane if someone try to look at a gae and say seeeeee... These dudes playing pretty murder OJ right now (Taylor)... You can't tee off if u can't stop the run

18 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree it doesn’t have to be a DE, but it is definitely a top tier need and justifiable to take one in round one. Really we have better talent at about every DB spot than we do at DE after this season. I could get behind a top CB like Okudah or a ballhawk like Delpit, as well as a beast next to Grady like Brown or Kinlaw. We have plenty of needs and will be in a spot to fill one early.

gonna be interesting to see what a new staff sees as our biggest need after evaluating the film on the roster.

Kinlaw is my guy.... I think we win 2 more games so  I'm really eyeing him down for the falcons.

38 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Isn't that most pass rushers?

I read countless threads saying tank for Young. He will change our defense.  This game is more how things will look in the NFL for him.  I would not trade up to take him.  If available when we draft, take him.  But he isn’t a lock to be Derrick Thomas or anything like that 

6 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Brush we might as well set aside a 2nd round pick for Jonathan taylor..   dude reminds me of nick chub.... they run so **** hard yo... it takes mutiple dudes to bring them down and they are just fast enough to break away

I’d honestly be shocked if Taylor doesn’t get taken in the first round. Unless he somehow does terrible at the combine, which I don’t expect him to, he’ll be a mid-late first round pick at worst. His only real issue is ball security, which he definitely needs to fix at the next level. 

36 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I read countless threads saying tank for Young. He will change our defense.  This game is more how things will look in the NFL for him.  I would not trade up to take him.  If available when we draft, take him.  But he isn’t a lock to be Derrick Thomas or anything like that 

The previous game about 3 or 4 weeks ago he had like 4 sacks and 4 or 5 tackles for loss vs this same team... do that count 

49 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Bruh we might as well set aside a 2nd round pick for Jonathan taylor..   dude reminds me of nick chub.... they run so **** hard yo... it takes mutiple dudes to bring them down and they are just fast enough to break away

I was thinking the same thing.  Dude looks legit.  Elusive inside zone and explosive enough to reach the edge.  Just wish they didn’t run him do much in college 

4 minutes ago, atljbo said:

The previous game about 3 or 4 weeks ago he had like 4 sacks and 4 or 5 tackles for loss vs this same team... do that count 

It’s much easier up 3 scores.  I’m not sold on him as the clear cut #1 prospect.  I certainly like Burrow and even Okudah more.

37 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’d honestly be shocked if Taylor doesn’t get taken in the first round. Unless he somehow does terrible at the combine, which I don’t expect him to, he’ll be a mid-late first round pick at worst. His only real issue is ball security, which he definitely needs to fix at the next level. 

I think he and swift are late first to 2nd round guys most likely... teams just normally don't like taking RB's in the first... 

But yeah I think he will go in the 2nd round like Chubb and he will most likely be a 4 5 guy... I think Swift will be the first back off thr board tho.