Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Ryan Allen is back

36 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I agree he should have been fur, but please explain how TD tried to make him a lifer. Did I miss a new contract or extension this offseason?

By not cutting him in February and leaving his roster spot open.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

By not cutting him in February and leaving his roster spot open.

Other than his salary, what justifiable reason was there to cut him? He was #10 last season in average only trailing #1 by a whopping 3.1 yards per punt so let’s not sit back and pretend that he just fell off of a cliff and his average plummeted last season.

Wile was actually a better option than Allen from an average standpoint since there isn’t much to grade punters off of. Allen has not outperformed Bosher this season with 5 more punts than Bosher. I like having Allen myself and was happy when first brought in but if we’re being honest he’s shown why BB was willing to cut him for a younger punter. But again I ask, what reason other than salary justified cutting Bosher in February?

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Other than his salary, what justifiable reason was there to cut him? He was #10 last season in average only trailing #1 by a whopping 3.1 yards per punt so let’s not sit back and pretend that he just fell off of a cliff and his average plummeted last season.

Wile was actually a better option than Allen from an average standpoint since there isn’t much to grade punters off of. Allen has not outperformed Bosher this season with 5 more punts than Bosher. I like having Allen myself and was happy when first brought in but if we’re being honest he’s shown why BB was willing to cut him for a younger punter. But again I ask, what reason other than salary justified cutting Bosher in February?

Extra step in his wind up that led to multiple blocked punts. Kickoffs short of the goal line that led to good returns.

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Extra step in his wind up that led to multiple blocked punts. Kickoffs short of the goal line that led to good returns.

2 blocked punts. 2. You’re acting like that’s 5 or more by saying multiple. 22 punts inside the 20.  51 touchbacks out of 89 kickoffs. 22.7 return average. If every kickoff was a touchback around the league and other guys weren’t responsible for making tackles on special teams you’d have a better case. Trying to put the blame on him is inaccurate in this instance 

Much like Freeman and Vic, Bosher is a guy who is past his prime and costs to much, he is one of the reason our ST's has been bad, his kicks are no longer as accurate nor does he help the defense out much by cornering the opposing defense. Allen in he few games he was kicking for us showed to be much more effective and will cost less.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:14 PM, mtldirtybird said:

Yep because they see through flesh...his groin healed but then got hurt again. 

smh...is it really that difficult to understand?

I didn't mean it like that, and you don't have to act like it was THAT bad of a question.  Would you prefer I ask it in detailed form such as this:

"Why would they bring him back, IF they tested him out thoroughly enough to designate him, (Which should have been similar to game day situations where he isn't simply walking and stretching, but actively punting in relation to a given sunday would demand) if only to have him make it all the way through the week to reinjure the night before?'

A groin injury is not as grey area as you may think.  I have had a few of my own, and you KNOW....either you're healed...or you're not.  and since he has had this injury almost all year, the doctor's should be able to tell by now just what his accurate injury severity is. 

Seeing as his job is based mainly around his leg, and he was brought back because the belief was he was healed, it just seems to me that they didn't do a complete check with him to ensure he was far enough along to be an asset if they brought him back.  

But, again, all this is just opinion of course.

SO>..is it really that difficult to understand what YOU said...so it's pretty simple.  But my question wasn't based on simplicity. 

On 12/8/2019 at 11:24 AM, ya_boi_j said:

2 blocked punts. 2. You’re acting like that’s 5 or more by saying multiple. 22 punts inside the 20.  51 touchbacks out of 89 kickoffs. 22.7 return average. If every kickoff was a touchback around the league and other guys weren’t responsible for making tackles on special teams you’d have a better case. Trying to put the blame on him is inaccurate in this instance 

LMAO. Two blocked punts is a lot. Buddy had nine. His gross was dropping. His kick offs couldn't reach the end zone. He was getting injury prone and getting paid top eight money.

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Two blocked punts is a lot. Buddy had nine. His gross was dropping. His kick offs couldn't reach the end zone. He was getting injury prone and getting paid top eight money.

Could have sworn I said last season, not the course of his career. You failed to mention all the years he didn’t get blocked before last season. Your agenda is crystal clear

On 12/7/2019 at 1:35 PM, stizz said:

Brotherhood doesn't care about performance. Q likes him so he's here.

And THIS is apparently how Quinn operates from what I've seen as well.  Head scratching with DQ's decisions at times.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:33 PM, KRUNKuno said:

The stupidity of our FO can’t even accept the fact when a guy is done.  They have no foresight or critical projection of any roster decisions so we do stupid stuff like activate a punter even though the one that took his spot was better than him.  

AB said he wanted him to be a "Falcon for Life"...:lol: