Roddy White Ring of Honor Tribute

atlbaby

That's a fantastic video, and a fantastic story. If all of our players had his work ethic and desire.... man..

Roddy is one of my favorite Falcon's ever, and he deserves a packed arena this weekend to see his number raised up and placed into the Falcon's ROH.

Thank you Roddy for all the memories. 

Roddy's Ring of  of Honor tribute was well done. Blanks' tribute was lackluster but that's Blank. In closing, Roddy thanked his mom and rest of family and Atlanta. Then when the 15 minutes was up Roddy went on thanking everyone a second time as the crew were collapsing the stage as he was still speaking. It was still beautiful. He's a super human being

5 hours ago, skullkrusher07 said:

Dude was the heart of this team for years....sorely missed.

This management and ownership has never understood or appreciated the importance of guys like Roddy on a team. None of them are football guys. They’re spreadsheet jockeys. 

The purge after the 2012 season, and the subsequent dumpster fires in 13/14 that ultimately cost Smitty his job, were directly caused by getting rid of the leaders who held the team together. 

Oh, I can't stand the air filters in this building. I start watching the video and my eyes start welling up for some reason.

Anyway, it couldn't happen to a more deserving person. I got a chance to meet on a few occasions when he coached high school ball after retiring and he's everything they say he is. No aloofness, no big-timing, he was engaging to all of us who met him.

We could use a little more of guys like him nowadays. Check that; we could use a LOT more of guys like him nowadays...