Joe Brady: Falcons Future OC

FalconsIn2012

11 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Lol I know we’re just historically unlucky

I hate talking about luck because I believe you create your own luck with positive or negative thinking. But that theory still holds true because we have the most negative fanbase in the league.

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yes he is. I really like Dillon that you posted about too. He reminds me alot of Turner. The way lbers are getting smaller a jerome Bettis type is going to slaughter the league in the near future

He isn’t the fluid runner like Turner is.  Is love Dillon as a FB/RB hybrid.

Elaire is like Coleman catching the ball snd young Freeman running it

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He has great vision and has those tree trunk legs. He's a guy that could impose his will during the.4th qtr the way Turned used to. This is a very good and deep rb class. There is going to be legit talent left on the 3rd day.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

12 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He has great vision and has those tree trunk legs. He's a guy that could impose his will during the.4th qtr the way Turned used to. This is a very good and deep rb class. There is going to be legit talent left on the 3rd day.

Reminds me more of Alstott than anything. And that's a great thing imho.

59 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Alsott.had.a weird frame. He was a battering ram though. I think Dillon might be a better pro than he was in.college. I love those guys that make guys make business decisions at the 2nd level.

If Dillon is a better pro than he was in college, draft him round 1...lol.  He had 4,500 yards rushing and 40 TD’s in 32 games

35 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If Dillon is a better pro than he was in college, draft him round 1...lol.  He had 4,500 yards rushing and 40 TD’s in 32 games

**** I didn't realize he was a 4k 40td guy. surprised he isn't talked about more. I think that he will translate well to the pros. He's a potential  bell cow in the NFL in an era where those are few and far between. He does need to.work on his hands and polishing up a limited route tree.

He's someone I'm really looking forward to see at the combine. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 7:55 AM, kiwifalcon said:

Would a RPO style of offense suit Matt Ryan.

Or do we get back to some sought of PA type of offense with solid running options behind it.

This is the question lessening the learning time.Having a look at what Ryan and the teams offensive strengths are then use them accordingly.Personally whoever comes in here I believe needs to look at what the QB he has now strives in than bring in a new offensive system.

I’ve always thought Ryan was 10x better under center than he is in a spread shotgun offense. Take away one of his best strengths of back to the line PA with him always at shotgun. 

Been saying this for weeks. For once I would love to see this franchise just say **** it and take a shot at something different. 

In just one offseason, Joe Brady dragged that program from being perpetually stuck in the 70s into one of the most prolific and innovative and impossible-to-stop offenses in the country, and groomed a QB who was legitimately bad last season into a landslide Heisman winner and surefire #1 pick.

This guy is going to be the next big thing for somebody, and just once, ONCE I would like for that somebody to be the Atlanta Falcons.

I laid out my dream staff as:

Jim Harbaugh HC

Joe Brady OC

Charlie Strong DC

Edited by RightInTwo

On 12/6/2019 at 1:17 PM, Smiler11 said:

I'm all for bringing in a young offensive mind like Joe Brady but as HC. You bring him here as an OC and he'll be interviewing for HC positions within a year whereas we need someone who can come in and give this offense: 1st an identity but 2nd some continuity. The best way to do that is to have your HC take the reins on offense and then surround him with experienced assistants, consulatants and a DC with complete autonomy on that side of the ball.

Then you promote to HC

24 minutes ago, RightInTwo said:

Been saying this for weeks. For once I would love to see this franchise just say **** it and take a shot at something different. 

In just one offseason, Joe Brady dragged that program from being perpetually stuck in the 70s into one of the most prolific and innovative and impossible-to-stop offenses in the country, and groomed a QB who was legitimately bad last season into a landslide Heisman winner and surefire #1 pick.

This guy is going to be the next big thing for somebody, and just once, ONCE I would like for that somebody to be the Atlanta Falcons.

I laid out my dream staff as:

Jim Harbaugh HC

Joe Brady OC

Charlie Strong DC

Put Stefanski in place of Harbaugh and I am sold

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Do you mind sharing those stats? And specifically describe all stats involved? It would be interesting

"Every time you're under center, you've got a lot more run options and a lot more play-action options and a lot more movement options off of your runs," Shanahan said. "Your play choices are endless. You can do everything. Once you get into the 'gun, certain things are like cut in half. Play-action is not as good because it happens quicker. You can't hold the ball out there for as long and stuff. It just eliminates being as balanced."

Ryan, who was entering his eighth season when Shanahan arrived in Atlanta, had been accustomed to playing in a shotgun-heavy system. Shanahan had Ryan take more snaps under center while carrying out play fakes in which Ryan turned his back to the defense.

“Having your back to the defense is a lot harder than being in shotgun and being able to see everything,” Shanahan said. “But people not getting open is even harder. When you have a guy who’s going to be successful regardless of what you do, and has been successful before, there’s always easier ways for them

.Shannahan's  Falcons were a passing team with a number of competent receivers, but the receivers were rarely on the field at the same time. In an NFL that plays in 11 personnel 60-percent of the time, the Falcons utilized 11 personnel on only 44-percent of their offensive plays. Shanahan prefers heavier personnel; he used 13 personnel more than just two other teams, and 21 personnel more than only one. And although he prefers tight ends and fullbacks to multiple wide receivers, he doesn't use heavy sets to just run the ball. No team threw out of 13 or 21 personnel more than the 2016 Falcons; in fact, Shanahan threw out of 13 or 21 personnel more than half of NFL teams combined.

In 2016, the Falcons won because they won on first down, and they won on first down because they were balanced. Shanahan used both big and small sets, and ran and threw out of both -- Ryan was under center on 76-percent of first-down snaps, which was tops in the league and 1.5 times the NFL average. When an offense's playbook isn't limited by personnel or formation, it puts the defense at a distinct disadvantage. Defenders are forced to protect the entire field, mismatches are created, and defenders are more prone to make mistakes. This enabled Shanahan's offense to be both efficient and explosive

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Ryan, who was entering his eighth season when Shanahan arrived in Atlanta, had been accustomed to playing in a shotgun-heavy system. Shanahan had Ryan take more snaps under center while carrying out play fakes in which Ryan turned his back to the defense.

“Having your back to the defense is a lot harder than being in shotgun and being able to see everything,” Shanahan said. “But people not getting open is even harder. When you have a guy who’s going to be successful regardless of what you do, and has been successful before, there’s always easier ways for them

.Shannahan's  Falcons were a passing team with a number of competent receivers, but the receivers were rarely on the field at the same time. In an NFL that plays in 11 personnel 60-percent of the time, the Falcons utilized 11 personnel on only 44-percent of their offensive plays. Shanahan prefers heavier personnel; he used 13 personnel more than just two other teams, and 21 personnel more than only one. And although he prefers tight ends and fullbacks to multiple wide receivers, he doesn't use heavy sets to just run the ball. No team threw out of 13 or 21 personnel more than the 2016 Falcons; in fact, Shanahan threw out of 13 or 21 personnel more than half of NFL teams combined.

In 2016, the Falcons won because they won on first down, and they won on first down because they were balanced. Shanahan used both big and small sets, and ran and threw out of both -- Ryan was under center on 76-percent of first-down snaps, which was tops in the league and 1.5 times the NFL average. When an offense's playbook isn't limited by personnel or formation, it puts the defense at a distinct disadvantage. Defenders are forced to protect the entire field, mismatches are created, and defenders are more prone to make mistakes. This enabled Shanahan's offense to be both efficient and explosive

Nuff said