Joe Brady: Falcons Future OC

FalconsIn2012

I’ve seen lots of names thrown around, but for my money I’ll take the young, innovative mind who is out to stake his claim as one of the best in the world.  I’ll take the guy who has impressed coaches like Franklin, Carmichael, Payton & Orgeron.  

Joe Brady.  He runs an RPO heavy WCO.  Similar to Sarks but with a lot of Sean Payton influence

He is responsible for the Saints clever use of backup QB Hill.  His use of RB’s in the pass game is so similar to Shanny.  Before arriving at Penn State, they averaged 22 ppg the two years prior.  With Brady they average 32 ppg.  The Saints offense is down 6 ppg this year while LSU went from 31 ppg to 47 ppg.

I want a hungry coach running the offense.  Brady is the guy.  Watch his sets and how many open receivers he schemes open.  

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Something like that. Not tryna be copycats, just know Ryan would thrive in that system. Brady and Carmichael are great offensive minds and different enough from Payton while knowing his tendencies. 

You’re not being a copycat at all.  Brady & Carmichael are a logical pairing.  We would average 30 ppg next year

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

You’re not being a copycat at all.  Brady & Carmichael are a logical pairing.  We would average 30 ppg next year

For sure, just know people are sick (myself included) of the Falcons being late to the party trying to copy other teams success. Trying to copy the Seahawks, then halfassing a copy of Shanny, then trying to copy 2012's offense...it gets tiresome. They're a great pairing and would be fantastic here with the weapons we already have. Not as down on the OL as a lot of folks either

Would a RPO style of offense suit Matt Ryan.

Or do we get back to some sought of PA type of offense with solid running options behind it.

This is the question lessening the learning time.Having a look at what Ryan and the teams offensive strengths are then use them accordingly.Personally whoever comes in here I believe needs to look at what the QB he has now strives in than bring in a new offensive system.

I'm all for bringing in a young offensive mind like Joe Brady but as HC. You bring him here as an OC and he'll be interviewing for HC positions within a year whereas we need someone who can come in and give this offense: 1st an identity but 2nd some continuity. The best way to do that is to have your HC take the reins on offense and then surround him with experienced assistants, consulatants and a DC with complete autonomy on that side of the ball.

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It works with Brees.   It doesn’t mean Ryan is the run option.

idk if the only option is to throw or hand it off to the RB so he can run into a wall of defenders then it isn't a truly effective RPO.

We don't even have a guy like Hill, they use him in a true RPO.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

idk if the only option is to throw or hand it off to the RB so he can run into a wall of defenders then it isn't a truly effective RPO.

We ran lots of RPO with Sark and Ryan was great doing it.  Bottom line is Brady understands when to call certain plays and how to build off plays and disguise them

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

3. NFL teams don’t use the QB as a runner like college teams do.

The typical counter to RPOs, particularly in the NFL, is to play man coverage. The RPO is built around creating conflict for defenders on whether to play their run fits or their coverage assignments. The QB then punishes indecision or an aggressive run fit with the quick pass. Man coverage erases that conflict by telling the defenders to stick to their men and dropping a safety down to ensure they still have enough numbers in the box to stop the run.

The reason Philadelphia threw fewer RPOs against New England than Collinsworth claimed was the Patriots played a lot of man coverage. Normally, NFL teams punish man coverage by attacking it with routes designed to free up receivers, such as mesh, switch routes, and wheel routes.

College teams often have a simpler way to punish good man coverage that requires less skill and chemistry: They just run the QB.

College teams love to mess up a linebacker’s reads. Gaining a numbers advantage by deploying QB run schemes and giving him an RPO is perhaps the deadliest way to do it.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ve seen lots of names thrown around, but for my money I’ll take the young, innovative mind who is out to stake his claim as one of the best in the world.  I’ll take the guy who has impressed coaches like Franklin, Carmichael, Payton & Orgeron.  

Joe Brady.  He runs an RPO heavy WCO.  Similar to Sarks but with a lot of Sean Payton influence

He is responsible for the Saints clever use of backup QB Hill.  His use of RB’s in the pass game is so similar to Shanny.  Before arriving at Penn State, they averaged 22 ppg the two years prior.  With Brady they average 32 ppg.  The Saints offense is down 6 ppg this year while LSU went from 31 ppg to 47 ppg.

I want a hungry coach running the offense.  Brady is the guy.  Watch his sets and how many open receivers he schemes open.  

I’m in on Brady OC maybe HC do your research AB

He isnt leaving LSU this offseason. 

Maybe in 2 more years, but you dont want a guy running your NFL team that is 29. ( well 30 next year ) he has to "cut his teeth". 

Full disclosure- im an LSU fan. So naturally i hope he NEVER leaves. They are fixing to pay him NFL-like salary next year, so i dont think it will happen in 2020- beyond 2021 is different. 

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yes. Then draft Khalil Tate in the 4th or 5th to use as our taysom hill.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

We don't even have a guy like Hill, they use him in a true RPO. I

Then you draft a taysom hill which this year is Khalil Tate. It's a great wrinkle to throw in. Tate runs in the 4.4s so if you come indecisive dude can burn your *** for 6 and he's fairly accurate on short passes as well. 

2 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Lol u know if we tried some **** like that it would only embarrass us. They have a d coordinator who actually w noatches film 

It's ALL about competent coaching. If we tried under Koetter then **** yes it would be embarrassing. Under the scheme being proposed in this thread I think it has potential.