*Old Pappy Falcon*

All in good fun, but seriously. ...

70 posts in this topic

That Matthew Tee beak columnist is not telling the true story about Matt Ryan. Claims Most fans are defending him , and it's never his fault! Dude must be the biggest pro Ryan troll ever. Half the fanbase is on edge with him. Anytime someone emails with any critical views  of Ryan...it's the Oline, the defense,  coaching.  Dude would quote  stats, Hall of fame....But will not engage a back and forth like here.

Give him a little credit for being a fan, but come on with his fantasy about Ryan! Lol, yes it's Friday but this dude is delusional. Ryan will also be here till 2023??? Lol ok .

Give me that Clemson kid next year! Agree with some pro Ryan guys we got to keep him another year , because I for one thank them for helping me understand the money and cap stuff now. I get it! But I'm telling even the Pro Ryan guys....we gotta draft him next season!  don't care what it takes! 

We start out next year like this Season. ...I believe even the Ryan lovers will change tune! Nobody can be that blind!!!

Just because he's blind with millions and giggling after blowouts. ....don't mean we have t be hapoy about him. WE BETTER CHANGE NEXT SEASON. .....OR ELSE!!!!

Darkside daddy.....outtie

We start next season the way we started this season and there will still be plenty of Ryan lovers on here calling anyone who says a peep about Ryan a "troll"... you can guarantee that. I agree with your post though, we must move on from Ryan after next year. Fields or Lawrence will be a breath of fresh air into this franchise. Ryan is simply not worth what we are paying him, plain and simple. 

Just now, Artys Arryn said:

A lot of fans are going to be really disappointed when we finally do move on from Matt Ryan and find that the grass isn't as green as it looked from here. 

Man there must be no life after Matt Ryan, shame on us for thinking that.

Like come on dude, face the facts - Ryan will not be here forever and its better to start planning ahead than be caught procrastinating the inevitable. 

Just now, Bunchy Carter said:

Tabeek is BARELY tolerable. His glasses must be the ROSIEST.

Just like a lot of posters around here... don't worry I won't name them. They know who they are :ninja:

papachaz likes this

23 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

We start next season the way we started this season and there will still be plenty of Ryan lovers on here calling anyone who says a peep about Ryan a "troll"... you can guarantee that. I agree with your post though, we must move on from Ryan after next year. Fields or Lawrence will be a breath of fresh air into this franchise. Ryan is simply not worth what we are paying him, plain and simple. 

I love how is contract his always being brought up with the clowns are trashing him. 

Edited by UniteandConquer

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

Man there must be no life after Matt Ryan, shame on us for thinking that.

Like come on dude, face the facts - Ryan will not be here forever and its better to start planning ahead than be caught procrastinating the inevitable. 

I'm not saying that grooming a QB of the future is a bad idea, I think the Patriots have demonstrated the value in that a couple of times now. I'm just being realistic about the odds of moving from one HoF QB to another one (they aren't great). Plus you're talking about picking up Lawrence next year as if he isn't going to be the number 1 overall pick. Are we tanking for 1? Are we trading away a few years draft capital to move up? 

Truth is, there is going to be a time after Matt Ryan, and the Falcons will be fine. But it isn't going to be some transcendent day when we get the second coming of Tom Brady and ride out on the road to 3 back-to-back Super Bowl wins. It'll be a rebuild with a young QB. He'll have good games, he'll have bad games, and odds are you'll eventually look back at highlights of Matt Ryan and realize those days weren't as bad as you thought. 

I'm all for grooming the future, but I'm also doing by best to enjoy the best QB play the Falcons have literally ever had.

Just now, UniteandConquer said:

I love how is contract his always being brought up with the clowns are trashing him. 

I love how there is no life after Ryan and we will never find another QB and its all doom and gloom without Ryan by the Ryan lovers 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I love how there’s no life after this season unless we get rid of Ryan and replace him with any QB who can run. 

It's almost like there could be a middle-ground where we plan for the future responsibly, but still maximize the production at QB we have now. If only there was some way to find this magical place!

Matt Ryan is the greatest franchise QB we've seen. He's also put up HoF type of numbers. The Super Bowl loss was not his fault. He's playing his a** off and in reality he does have a terrible O-Line, hasn't had a TE the last few weeks and has a non-existent run game. Oh and let's start talking about the defense. But yes Ryan has only 1 more year in him. 

Are you guys going to be salty when he's here for 3-4 more years? 

I'm all for the future. Would love a Lawrence or some great next thing behind him for a year or two to groom, but Matt Ryan IS NOT THE PROBLEM with this franchise. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I love how there’s no life after this season unless we get rid of Ryan and replace him with any QB who can run. 

See that's where you're wrong bud. Not clamoring for a QB who can "run" just not a figgen statue back there that takes sacks at the worst possible times. We need  a QB who can extended plays, who looks to throw first, but is also dangerous with his ability to run. 

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

1 minute ago, 408Falcon said:

Yes and they have a horrible defense and O-Line right? Oh wait. There's more than just a QB in football? That's crazy. 

Their QB can make plays outside the pocket unlike the Statue Ryan. Put LJ on this team we would have a better record. 

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

3 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Their QB can make plays outside the pocket unlike the Statue Ryan. Put LJ on this team we would have a better record. 

Put Quenton Nelson on this team and we'd have a better record.

Put Cameron Jordan on this team we have a better record.

Heck ... put 2016 Matt Bryant on this team and we have a better record.

This game is fun!

Edited by Geneaut

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Put Quenton Nelson on this team and we'd have a better record.

Put Cameron Jordan on this team we have a better record.

Heck ... put 2016 Matt Bryant on this team and we have a better record.

This game is fun!

We're talking about squarely the QB position here. Try again. 

Edited by D.B.N.

1 hour ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Tabeek is BARELY tolerable. His glasses must be the ROSIEST.

Agreed. He is so soft on the Falcons with his commentary.  I don't read it often, but when I do, I practically hurl. I understand he probably has to be careful, but how about some journalistic integrity.  That guy is always so full of praise.  Just makes me nauseous.

17 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

No he wouldn't.  He'd get killed with this OL. There isn't 1 QB in this League that would do as well as MR behind this terrible, pass blocking OL.  Every other QB would be hurt by now.  The dude is tough as nails. Is he perfect no, but he's pretty darn good.

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan
FalconJim likes this

1 hour ago, Artys Arryn said:

A lot of fans are going to be really disappointed when we finally do move on from Matt Ryan and find that the grass isn't as green as it looked from here. 

I doubt that seriously with the NFL going mobile Qb. It's eventually going to come down as which one is the better passer or Runner. Just a thought.  But yes, we're still going to see gems like Trevor L.

Boy, this board really needed another thread like this.  So original.  Same bitter posters circle jerking each other with their negative opinions of Ryan and 'liking' each others replies.

Don't you people ever get tired ?  Ryan has his ups and downs, but he's not this teams main problem, not even close.   He has bad games at times, LIKE EVERY OTHER QB.  And sometimes he looks great.

It's football.  He's been the best QB this franchise has ever had, but that doesn't make him perfect.  Who the heck is saying that he is ?   Man you guys get tiring.