Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1970

Luka or Trae And Cam?

38 posts in this topic

Make no mistake about it Luka is a beast. We would have been set with him. But I'm sticking to my draft day post. "Trae and a top 10 pick will be better". Trae is right behind Luka and Cam is starting to show some signs. Many years to come, but through 22 games in 2019 here are the results:

• Luka - 30.3 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 9.2 apg
  • Trae & Cam - 36.8 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 10.0 apg

I think over time Luka will be the best of the three, but the Trae and Cam combo will prevail. Cam is starting to get his legs under him and will probably be more of a factor in the second half of 2019 and eventually make a huge leap. At the end of the day, I think Trae and Cam will be a very Schlenky move.

FalconsIn2012 and Drew4719 like this

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Make no mistake about it Luka is a beast. We would have been set with him. But I'm sticking to my draft day post. "Trae and a top 10 pick will be better". Trae is right behind Luka and Cam is starting to show some signs. Many years to come, but through 22 games in 2019 here are the results:

• Luka - 30.3 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 9.2 apg
  • Trae & Cam - 36.8 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 10.0 apg

I think over time Luka will be the best of the three, but the Trae and Cam combo will prevail. Cam is starting to get his legs under him and will probably be more of a factor in the second half of 2019 and beyond. At the end of the day, I think Trae and Cam will be a very Schlenky move.

Luka is special.  Carrying his team right now...but 6-7 years from now, Trae could be a top 5 player and Cam an All Star

Trae is already a top 5 player. When Cams offensive game comes around, it will not be a question.  Luka is tearing it up and will continue to, but honestly I prefer Trae. He is just the perfect fit for this city and you can’t take your eyes off the guy. The Hawks have positioned themselves to put together a championship level squad in the next 3 years. 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:05 PM, therawest said:

Trae is already a top 5 player. When Cams offensive game comes around, it will not be a question.  Luka is tearing it up and will continue to, but honestly I prefer Trae. He is just the perfect fit for this city and you can’t take your eyes off the guy. The Hawks have positioned themselves to put together a championship level squad in the next 3 years. 

Have a good young core. Plenty draft assets. Can easily clear out cap space next year. GM is on a roll. Pierce better teach em to play defense or he might need to get gone. Other than that? Arrow pointing up.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

On 12/5/2019 at 10:05 PM, therawest said:

Would it be considered racist if Luka went to Oklahoma City and they claimed how great a fit he was in comparison to Trae?

On 12/7/2019 at 4:26 PM, Akod2017 said:

Would it be considered racist if Luka went to Oklahoma City and they claimed how great a fit he was in comparison to Trae?

On 12/7/2019 at 4:26 PM, Akod2017 said:

i mean fit for the city, i am not talking about race.  I am talking about the chip on his shoulder, the under dog mentality, the bravado, and the mindset that he believes he can lift this franchise from mediocrity to something it has never achieved before. He chose to go to Oklahoma out of high school because he wanted to do something different and take that program to another level. He could have gone to Duke or Kentucky but he chose not to. He is accepting of all the various cultures in Atlanta and has embraced the city as his own. 
thats a lot to ask for a 21 year old who was traded for a the best prospect is his class.  Luka would have been fine here, but i am not sure either of them would be this successful this soon if they were not traded for each other on draft night.  

On 12/7/2019 at 1:49 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Have a good young core. Plenty draft assets. Can easily clear out cap space next year. GM is on a roll. Pierce better teach em to play defense or he might need to get gone. Other than that? Arrow pointing up.

Everyone knows winning is hard to come by with a young roster. Those draft picks will just make us even younger. It is hard to coach young guys to wins in this league. At some point he is going to take a risk on a veteran player in his prime to add to the young core. Trae is ahead of schedule in his personal development, so we can take the next step in the process. When we had all if our guys available at the beginning of the year, our defence was very good. 

jayu70 likes this

The coach says he is not “shot ready” when he gets the ball. Its affecting his jump shot. He also plays with very little change of pace. He plays “small” when he drives to the basket and looks for contact. The problem is, when he gets the contact, he folds like a lawn chair.  Those things are correctable. The rest of his game is already ahead of the curve.  

Edited by therawest
GEORGIAfan likes this

On 12/7/2019 at 1:49 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Pierce is officially on the hot seat.  

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If I were Schlenk I'd put a "get these guys to play defense or get gone" edict on him tomorrow. 

And Pierce background is as a defensive coach.  

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Too early for that. I understand the frustration, but this is only his 2nd year as a coach and he is dealing with a very poorly constructed roster and injuries/suspensions.  

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If I were Schlenk I'd put a "get these guys to play defense or get gone" edict on him tomorrow. 

That is like telling him to teach a goldfish to fly or a pigeon to swim. We do not have many players with defensive potential. Jabari is terrible, Damian Jones is terrible, VC is 42, and Len is below average at best. Trae is always going to be a defensive liability. Reddish and Hunter are our only 2 players with good defensive potential. 

This is why Collins coming back is so important. He was one of our best defensive players this year. With him, we could at least somewhat mask Jones/Len and VC/Jabari would be playing fewer minutes.

Also, this is why I want us to trade for Myles Turner. Dude is a stretch 5 and a good/great defender. 

13 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Too early for that. I understand the frustration, but this is only his 2nd year as a coach and he is dealing with a very poorly constructed roster and injuries/suspensions.  

That is like telling him to teach a goldfish to fly or a pigeon to swim. We do not have many players with defensive potential. Jabari is terrible, Damian Jones is terrible, VC is 42, and Len is below average at best. Trae is always going to be a defensive liability. Reddish and Hunter are our only 2 players with good defensive potential. 

This is why Collins coming back is so important. He was one of our best defensive players this year. With him, we could at least somewhat mask Jones/Len and VC/Jabari would be playing fewer minutes.

Also, this is why I want us to trade for Myles Turner. Dude is a stretch 5 and a good/great defender. 

Collins blows on defense too.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Collins blows on defense too.

He has actually been making nice strides on defense and was our 2nd best defender when he was playing and we were 8th in the league( small sample size). I am not going to pretend he will solve everything, but I do think we will see at min a similar size improvement to when Huerter came back. 

blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

55 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

He has actually been making nice strides on defense and was our 2nd best defender when he was playing and we were 8th in the league( small sample size). I am not going to pretend he will solve everything, but I do think we will see at min a similar size improvement to when Huerter came back. 

Yes he’s definitely improved defensively just not sure what some Hawks fans are watching.

jayu70 and GEORGIAfan like this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Who says they plan on winning 30 games 6 weeks into the season

He said the analytics dept. anticipated 30-31 wins.

When you have Evan Turner at PG.

Len, Jones and Bruno at C

That doesn't scream playoffs to me.

7 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

He said the analytics dept. anticipated 30-31 wins.

When you have Evan Turner at PG.

Len, Jones and Bruno at C

That doesn't scream playoffs to me.

Playing near .500 basketball the second half last year gave us false hope

16 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Playing near .500 basketball the second half last year gave us false hope

Dedmon>>>>> 

I'll still never understand why we didn't match his Sac offer. It made perfect sense for us. 2 years with basically a team option in the 3rd. And 13mil it pretty cheap for a starting Center. 

On 12/17/2019 at 9:52 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

On 12/17/2019 at 10:54 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

To reiterate:

Blame John Collins in this 'disservice' as well.