Falcons Fan MVP

Who would you like to see as our defensive coordinator next year?

10 posts in this topic

You may need to think about this one a little bit before answering. I'm trying to figure out who would be the best defensive coordinator next year that could be a good fit and get the best out of our talent such as Deion, Grady, Kazee etc? Is there someone in house like Raheem Morris or Jeff Ulbrich you'd like to see get the keys to the defense? Or someone on the outside like a Rex Ryan or a young up and coming guy that you think would be perfect for this defense? Who would you most like to see be our defensive coordinator next year that is a realistic possibility and an excellent fit?

Ron Rivera if he isn’t a HC right away again.

if Q goes so will the coordinators. Not often a new HC will keep an existing coordinator. I like Ulbrich and Manuel, but they are likely gone if Q is (which I fully expect)

and helllll no to Ryan!

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Depends if we roll with this same regime or not. If we do, Quinn will most likely stick with the Morris/Ulbrich project. 

If we scrap everyone and start fresh....Give me Greg Williams.

Ron Rivera was my first suggestion when I heard he was let go and wanted to get right back to it. That's if he doesn't get out want a hc job. Like Jim swartz. I think don't think he's had the talent on defense like we do and he wouldn't need to worry about the offense or fashion questions

If Quinn is gone after the season, then everybody goes.

Rex Ryan doesn't want to be a DC anymore, only a HC. That is why he's currently working for ESPN instead of the NFL. Rex is one of the best defensive minds in football and I'm sure that he's turned down many teams that have offered him DC positions because of his "pride".

Ron Rivera is also a very good defensive mind who has a very impressive resume defensively. He transformed that Panthers defense almost overnight when he got there. The Bears were also a top defense under him. He was the DC when the Bears went to the SB back in the 2006 season when they lost to the Colts because Rex Grossman was their QB.