Falcons Fan MVP

What do you think the chances are we get Gary Kubiak as our offensive coordinator next year?

13 posts in this topic

Regardless of who our head coach or GM is next year Gary Kubiak would probably be a name that would be strongly considered for our offensive coordinator next year. I personally was hoping we could get Kubiak last year but John Elway blocked it. Luckily we won't have to worry about Elway this offseason.

What do you guys think the chances are we can bring Gary Kubiak in as our offensive coordinator next season? One thing I like about Kubiak is he is not likely to want a head coaching position because of his health issues so we don't have to worry about him leaving like Kyle Shanahan did. I think him and Matt Ryan would work very well together. I think they could get comfortable with each other by week 8 or so. Gary Kubiak is the guy I'd like as offensive coordinator next year unless Dirk Koetter could find that 2012 magic and get our running game going which I don't see happening.

5 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Regardless of who our head coach or GM is next year Gary Kubiak would probably be a name that would be strongly considered for our offensive coordinator next year. I personally was hoping we could get Kubiak last year but John Elway blocked it. Luckily we won't have to worry about Elway this offseason.

What do you guys think the chances are we can bring Gary Kubiak in as our offensive coordinator next season? One thing I like about Kubiak is he is not likely to want a head coaching position because of his health issues so we don't have to worry about him leaving like Kyle Shanahan did. I think him and Matt Ryan would work very well together. I think they could get comfortable with each other by week 8 or so. Gary Kubiak is the guy I'd like as offensive coordinator next year unless Dirk Koetter could find that 2012 magic and get our running game going which I don't see happening.

Elway didnt actually block it, he couldn't because Kubiak wasnt under a contract at the time.. Kubiak just didnt want to come here 

Isn't Kubiak an assistant HC and advisor with Minnesota now? I'm not sure he'd leave that position to be an OC here. If DQ were to get fired, then I'd reach out to Kubiak for an HC position.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

He doesnt want to coach. He just wants to be a high paid advisor.

I believe he wants to control his own tho similar to Belichick. He's molding his son in Minnesota. He may just come back to Coaching next season.

49 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I believe he wants to control his own tho similar to Belichick. He's molding his son in Minnesota. He may just come back to Coaching next season.

He's done everything he wants as a coach. After the health scares he might want to be involved with football but without the stress. Who knows tho, it's all up to him.

Faithful Falcon likes this

I don't think he wants to coach like that as a full time OC... I think in a recent interview  he talked about how he gets to go home earlier now and love what he is doing now.

If anything y'all should hope we bring in his mentee Kevin Stefanski (the vikings OC) ... And hopefully he can bring Kubs with him

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

36 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I love how people just assume Kubiak would come here and BAM!  we'd go 19-0 and average 50 points per game.  

It would be better than what we have now. He would improve our running game for sure which would help Matt Ryan and our defense out.

kiwifalcon likes this