Panties Fired Ron, so why can't we seem to fire Dairy Queen?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bigger question is why fire Rivera when they are realistically still in the hunt for the #6 seed

Stop calling them the panties. Panties are sexy as ****.

We’re being Corp smug, classy, a good community partner, doing things “the right way” , taking our time and deliberating on the process, speaking w all of the very capable and smart GMs in the bldg, m

18 hours ago, Jesus said:

Everyone is beautiful

In their own way, True.  But not everyone is sexy.  The original post I referenced said that panties were "sexy".  As evidenced by Ya_Boi and my references, not all people wearing panties are sexy.  :D

For the record, this conversation is much better than the numerous threads urging us to trade or cut Matt Ryan.  Thank you.  

It's been said, but yeah, we gain nothing by firing him midseason. We can't talk to other teams' coaches yet and we can't make a hire (unless they're out of the league and why would we want that?). We CAN start doing groundwork and I'm certain that Blank is doing that, probably as I type this. The Panthers jumped the gun in my opinion - they didn't gain anything by firing Rivera. Doing something just to do something almost never accomplishes anything good. 

Oh, and someone asked if Blank's ever fired a coach mid-season - he fired Dan Reeves in 2003 right after Vick came back and won his return game. I think he realized that that didn't gain him anything and so understands there's no point in doing it again.

I’m ok with our owner having the ******** decency to wait til the end of the season to move on from Dan Quinn. What does the team GAIN aside from a couple of morons fist pumping? I don’t want Quinn to stay but we’re not salvaging the season without him and they must not want anyone on this coaching staff to be HC next year. I think the panthers owner looks like a diiick for firing Rivera mid season. Like some kind of unappreciative power move. Said it once I’ll say it again, why would we want to emulate anything the panthers do? **** them and their owner

Edited by MoFalconsFan56
1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I’m ok with our owner having the ******** decency to wait til the end of the season to move on from Dan Quinn. What does the team GAIN aside from a couple of morons fist pumping? I don’t want Quinn to stay but we’re not salvaging the season without him and they must not want anyone on this coaching staff to be HC next year. I think the panthers owner looks like a diiick for firing Rivera mid season. Like some kind of unappreciative power move. Said it once I’ll say it again, why would we want to emulate anything the panthers do? **** them and their owner

Well, I dont see it that way. I see it as an early start to seeing who's actually interested in the position.  And you wont be able to tell/know unless the position is open/available. 

Our HC position isnt available yet, so no one (including the owner) may know who's interested.

5 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Well, I dont see it that way. I see it as an early start to seeing who's actually interested in the position.  And you wont be able to tell/know unless the position is open/available. 

Our HC position isnt available yet, so no one (including the owner) may know who's interested.

You've never checked on a job where the position was currently filled?? If blank has any plans to fire Quinn I'm sure some people know already. 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:17 AM, g-dawg said:

clearly the Rivera firing was done to screw up the Falcons draft pick.

I don't know, g-dawg, it just sounds a little far-fetched to me that the new Panties owner would have that much animosity toward the Falcons to fire their HC (with 4 games left, and still a chance at them being the #6 Seed in the NFC WC race), just to try and affect our draft status.  But I agree, a very weird firing, for sure... 

Just now, FalconJim said:

I don't know, g-dawg, it just sounds a little far-fetched to me that the new Panties owner would have that much animosity toward the Falcons to fire their HC (with 4 games left, and still a chance at them being the #6 Seed in the NFC WC race), just to try and affect our draft status.  But I agree, a very weird firing, for sure... 

I was joking