Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D.B.N.

Panties Fired Ron, so why can't we seem to fire Dairy Queen?

40 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Well...if the woman wearing them ain't sexy enough to wear them...they're not called panties...they're called drawls 

:ninja:

Why is Drawls and Women making me feel ill? Serious stomach problems right now "HASH BROWNS"

I think that only applies to the movie. ...The hills have eyes

Edited by *Old Pappy Falcon*

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

The bigger question is why fire Rivera when they are realistically still in the hunt for the #6 seed

Because the new owner knows they’re not making the playoffs unlike us last year when we had a meaningless 3 game win streak and the whole fan base thought we would sneak in the Playoffs

1 minute ago, JetJones11 said:

Because the new owner knows they’re not making the playoffs unlike us last year when we had a meaningless 3 game win streak and the whole fan base thought we would sneak in the Playoffs

nobody knows that right now. need a lot of help but they aren't out of it right now. Never know if the Vikings hit a wall and the Rams, Bears and Bucs fall off the face of the earth. Stranger things have happened

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

And yet this question/comment goes unanswered by OP...

I don't think anyone really cares. just trying to find another reason to fire Quinn. I keep getting replies saying they aren't making the playoffs but there's quite a few scenarios that get's them into the playoffs IF they manage to win out

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't think anyone really cares. just trying to find another reason to fire Quinn. I keep getting replies saying they aren't making the playoffs but there's quite a few scenarios that get's them into the playoffs IF they manage to win out

I don’t think Tepper was ever really in love with Ron, but like I said, Ron is very well thought of in coaching circles so I can guess he felt he wanted(or was talked into) giving him a shot to prove he could be his guy. David Tepper is a hard charging hedge fund guy. Those dudes have a different kind up makeup. And after laying two consecutive eggs at home against us and then the Reskins, he was probably like he** naw.

Charlotte is in a kind of odd position geographically and being a transit city.  He was probably freaked out at the loss then looking up and seeing all the Redskin fans that were in the building.

Show I was listening to yesterday actually said he did Ron a favor. He knows he wants a new HC so no need to keep Ron around while he goes behind his back looking for his next guy and you’re giving his assistants a chance to sell themselves right now for their next gig. Not sure I totally buy that. You should always be putting your best work on film but hey... 

2 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

We’re being Corp smug, classy, a good community partner, doing things “the right way” , taking our time and deliberating on the process, speaking w all of the very capable and smart GMs in the bldg, making sure we consider all aspects of the operation........making good and sure that we’re going to get everyone else’s leftovers after a very thorough and deliberate process involving a lot of very smart people.  

Lmbo! :lol:

6 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Show I was listening to yesterday actually said he did Ron a favor. He knows he wants a new HC so no need to keep Ron around while he goes behind his back looking for his next guy and you’re giving his assistants a chance to sell themselves right now for their next gig. Not sure I totally buy that. You should always be putting your best work on film but hey... 

I would believe it coming from him, these hedge fund guys are very cutthroat. He’s also a very good dude. I’ve followed him a little more closely than the average bear over the years, this move has Tepper written all over it. 

You’re right about him not being very high on Ron’s way, but he respects him. He wants more of a modern coach that uses analytics and sports science but also someone that has an old school foundation of toughness and discipline.

That franchise is going to look a lot like Pittsburgh when he’s done and if they start looking like the Steelers of back in the day.... The South is ******

Edited by A Dog Named Brian

12 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I don’t think Tepper was ever really in love with Ron, but like I said, Ron is very well thought of in coaching circles so I can guess he felt he wanted(or was talked into) giving him a shot to prove he could be his guy. David Tepper is a hard charging hedge fund guy. Those dudes have a different kind up makeup. And after laying two consecutive eggs at home against us and then the Reskins, he was probably like he** naw.

Charlotte is in a kind of odd position geographically and being a transit city.  He was probably freaked out at the loss then looking up and seeing all the Redskin fans that were in the building.

I won't lie, I don't know anything about Tepper so I can only take you guys word for it. Oddly enough, the Redskins are even still in the playoff hunt given a few scenarios working out in their favor if they manage to win out. 

But regarding your last bit, if he knew he wanted a new HC then I can understand it a little better but I'll laugh like **** if he doesn't get the guy he has in mind right now. 

Honestly, what is the infatuation with when Quinn gets fired? There is no real benefits to mid-season firing. Its not like AB is sitting on his hands waiting for the season to end, you dont think feelers have been sent out to potential coaches? That there hasnt been any conversation on who is going to replace Quinn?

I dont think the answer is on our staff so "evaluating" one of the 3 ex HC's doesnt fly, its going to be a clean (for the most part) sweep of the staff. The only benefit is to let the potential coaches out there know that the position is open (like they dont know already).

Let the guy finish his last year here and leave with a chance to catch on else where, the guy had given this fanbase more to cheer about in his time here than in its history.

24 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

He’s also a very good dude. I’ve followed him a little more closely than the average bear over the years, this move has Tepper written all over it. 

Yeah, I’ve heard that also. Between that and the brass balls he reportedly keeps on his desk, he seems like a guy I’d be a fan of if he were somewhere else.

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

but I'll laugh like **** if he doesn't get the guy he has in mind right now. 

:lol:... I know right.

From the interview I got the sense this was a long time coming. He feels like this was the last "relic" of a organization that didnt have his "stamp". He also sounds like he felt they were not modern enough and essentially it was too "old school". 

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

That was a weird firing IMO. It’d have made more sense for us to have fired DQ based on us being eliminated to evaluate the three ex HCs on our staff.

Outside of Cleveland with Kitchens, how often does a team hire an interim from the previous season. 

The reason why dan Quinn is not canned yet is because Mr. Blank has respect for Quinn and TD as men and will let them finish out the season. Black Monday I’m sure we’ll clean out the entire FO and Coaching staff. I’ll be interested in Riley from OU, Harbaugh, Jay Gruden, Mcarthy and Saleh. Leaning more towards Harbaugh. I just like the dude