Cheap Talk

LedBetter get's last laugh on McGary?

47 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

There’s this thing called a rookie wall

Give it time.  Yall had pitchforks out for Isaiah Oliver just 3 weeks ago.  

Yepper! 

My thing was, Oliver wasn’t “ready” yet to be the guy. Meaning give him reps and time and then let’s see how he responds.

Cheap Talk and Geneaut like this

I think he would be better if we had an OL Coach who could Coach guys up. He has a future I still think at OG but TD and FO spent a lot of capital on him so they will probably

ride it out. TD likes players from the Pacific west (Washington-Oregon St.) so he may draft Washington's Tre Adams and that would allow McGary to move inside.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

21 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

I think he would be better if we had an OL Coach who could Coach guys up. He has a future I still think at OG but TD and FO spent a lot of capital on him so they will probably

ride it out. TD likes players from the Pacific west (Washington-Oregon St.) so he may draft Washington's Tre Adams and that would allow McGary to move inside.

McGary is my man at RT, will be a stud. Yes, I said it!

Geneaut and Shelley#37 like this

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Most had him in the 2-3 range 

Washington_logo.gif Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 317. Arm: 33.63. Hand: 10.25.
40 Time: 5.05. 10-Yd: 1.83. Three Cone: 7.66.
Bench: 23. Vertical: 33.5. Broad: 9-3.
Projected Round (2019): 2-3.

4/24/19: McGary's run blocking is ahead of his pass protection, but he was solid for the Huskies. He has good size at the point of attack and decent technique. McGary accepted an invitation to play at the Senior Bowl and had a nice week. Team sources say that McGary's combine interview was disappointing and they have concerns about his football I.Q, but they believe that he could become a quality right tackle in the NFL. Most team sources were projecting him to the second or third round, although a few thought he might sneak into the end of the first round.

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 1-2
NFL Comparison
Matt Slauson
Overview

McGary has been a right tackle his entire career, but that could change once his athletic limitations are challenged by NFL-caliber rushers. He would benefit from a move inside to guard where his strength and ability to generate movement as a run blocker would outweigh his issues with lateral quickness. McGary could find early starter's reps at guard, but struggles with balance and keeping blocks centered could lead to early growing pains that will require a team's patience.

Draft range: Top 50 selection, and don’t be shocked if he sneaks into the back end of Round 1

I literally looked at the first 4 links on google and found projected end of 1st very early 2nd....

I believe we also traded up for him as there were rumors the Patriots were looking to take him with the last pick in the 1st...

Edited by DirtyBird2

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Way too early to call him a bust. He’s a freakin rookie. Most rooks get handled. That’s why it blows my mind that people want to tank for rookie saviors to come in and fill gaping Dimi holes on day one. Don’t be surprised if Lindstrom gets his as handed to him when he comes back.

Agreed, I think most on here thought Sambrillo would be able to hold the starting position, and maybe work the rookie in.

Talk about invisible this year is the Sambrillo

Wow... Dude is a rookie, at a position that 2 or 3 years of development is common, and in our dumb beat writer is writer is writing articles about him. The dude is a special kind of stupid. Way too early, especially for a guy that missed as much time as him.

8 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

All excuses aside, health, conditioning, work in progress, etc., it is extremely concerning that he leads all Tackles in sacks allowed. You'd hope for average, or lower third, but dead last?  That is NOT GOOD!

This is the point.  There are a lot of bad tackles in the NFL, but to statistically be the worst is a problem, whether you are a rookie or not.  What evidence is there to suggest he will even get to middle of the pack level, and if he did, does that justify him as a first round pick?

5 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

That's the reason we have had a up and down OL since TD has been here. That Pacific west drafting is the reason he should be fired. Sam Baker, Schweitzer,Harlow all were/are mediocre. A new GM would put a end to all of that..... hopefully. Draft more SEC,BIG 10,and ACC lineman Falcons front office.

9 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

All excuses aside, health, conditioning, work in progress, etc., it is extremely concerning that he leads all Tackles in sacks allowed. You'd hope for average, or lower third, but dead last?  That is NOT GOOD!

We throw the ball 70% of the time and trail most of the game...

Hard on any rookie in Koetter’s system where they KNOW they have extra time to use every move in the book to beat you and can ignore run defending.

5 hours ago, DirtyBird2 said:
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 1-2
NFL Comparison
Matt Slauson
Overview

McGary has been a right tackle his entire career, but that could change once his athletic limitations are challenged by NFL-caliber rushers. He would benefit from a move inside to guard where his strength and ability to generate movement as a run blocker would outweigh his issues with lateral quickness. McGary could find early starter's reps at guard, but struggles with balance and keeping blocks centered could lead to early growing pains that will require a team's patience.

Draft range: Top 50 selection, and don’t be shocked if he sneaks into the back end of Round 1

I literally looked at the first 4 links on google and found projected end of 1st very early 2nd....

I believe we also traded up for him as there were rumors the Patriots were looking to take him with the last pick in the 1st...

That’s a far cry from what I was responding to: “every draft report had him 1st round”.  I was pointing out that most were early 2nd to early 3rd projection 

All 4 analysts for the draft network had him day 3

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kaleb-mcgary

ZoneOne01 likes this

Much respect to the OP, but let's be honest... the only people DLed gets the last laugh on is the AJC... every time he collects a paycheck. That fool is worthless and I can't even watch any Falcons content anymore because his voice is like fingernails scraping a chalkboard to me. 

Domed Outter and Cheap Talk like this

18 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Most had him in the 2-3 range 

Washington_logo.gif Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 317. Arm: 33.63. Hand: 10.25.
40 Time: 5.05. 10-Yd: 1.83. Three Cone: 7.66.
Bench: 23. Vertical: 33.5. Broad: 9-3.
Projected Round (2019): 2-3.

4/24/19: McGary's run blocking is ahead of his pass protection, but he was solid for the Huskies. He has good size at the point of attack and decent technique. McGary accepted an invitation to play at the Senior Bowl and had a nice week. Team sources say that McGary's combine interview was disappointing and they have concerns about his football I.Q, but they believe that he could become a quality right tackle in the NFL. Most team sources were projecting him to the second or third round, although a few thought he might sneak into the end of the first round.

There were sites that had him mocked late 1, early 2 as well. That said the mocks and reports are so hit or miss w prospects every year. The important thing to me is that rumor was there were team(s) immediately after we took him that wanted him.

of course none of this dictates whether he will pan out or not.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

22 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Ledbetter could not wait to publish this article, and to his defense he has won Round-1. Have a feeling McGary will have the last laugh though. 

https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/cover-mcgary-leads-the-nfl-sacks-allowed-for-tackles/fE1kJvtzvgRFLau9CIZu6I/

The only reason Ledbetter gets the last laugh is because he's too slow to get the joke right away.

Cheap Talk likes this

7 hours ago, kirbyr said:

The only reason Ledbetter gets the last laugh is because he's too slow to get the joke right away.

My personal opinion is that he made this a headline because of the uproar to what he said about McGary after Draft Day. He is that kind of petty person, someone that would do something like this, after understanding how he works over the years. That is why I made the post, to show how little the man is.

I believe McGary will be our RT for the next 10-years, the stat quoted by Lednowhere does not even get consideration from my end.  

Edited by Cheap Talk
Shelley#37 likes this

4 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

My personal opinion is that he made this a headline because of the uproar to what he said about McGary after Draft Day. He is that kind of petty person, someone that would do something like this, understanding how he works over the years. That is why I made the post, to show how little the man is.

I believe McGary will be our RT for the next 10-years, the stat quoted by Lednowhere does not even get consideration from my end.  

Oh I get you, I just think Ledbetter is an idiot.

Cheap Talk likes this