jlrfalcon

Poll/Topic-Which NFC South Team Would You Rather Be a Year From Now?

Poll/Topic-Which NFC South Team Would You Rather Be a Year From Now?   48 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFC South Team Would You Rather Be a Year From Now?

• Buccaneers
    • Falcons
    • Panthers
    • Saints

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

So, what NFC South team would one rather have a year from now?

Buccaneers-mobile QB but about to hit FA, will have a decent draft pick (early teens?), and have a pretty good DL.

Panthers-franchise QB injured-ever coming back?, just fired your HC, but a great RB-how long will he last?, pretty good middle LB

Saints-longtime QB near his last days, HC pretty solidified, high-rated defense, excellent but expensive WR, good RB but has been injured

Falcons-coaching staff near its last days?, no defensive pass rush, solid&durable QB, but terrible OL, on target for 5th pick next year

It can probably be agreed that the Saints are running away with the South next year but who will be the NFC South in best shape next year?

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

Been a Falcon fan too long to really consider anything else. Saints can burn in that gonorrhea toilet dome.

On a serious note? Falcons have elite talent at WR, DT, LB, and TE. Good to great talent many other places, 4 top 70 picks next year most likely. OL will be fine in a year or two. Koetter hurts. Best shot any new HC has at a one year turnaround. Give us Dodds and we're in the playoffs. Changing the culture is the hard part, bunch of weenie-*** puddin pies here rn that only show up when they feel like it. That goes back to Dimi and his clearly faulty CT scale.

It’s an interesting question to consider.  By next year the Falcons may be the only team who has a franchise QB in the division.  The Saints and Bucs have the best coaches clearly, but I still think Jerry Jones is going to figure out a way to get Peyton to Dallas.  I also think you can make an argument for the Bucs with a young defense.  If Tampa can figure out their QB situation I think they are in the best shape for 2020.  But that’s easier said than done.  I think the biggest mistake that may make is taking a middle of the road vet who is good enough not to lose but not good enough to win.

20 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’d rather watch paint dry than be a Panther Saint or Buc

Watching paint dry isn’t much different than watching the heat come off the poo y’all watched on the field this year though.

:ninja::lol:

11 hours ago, Farmer2 said:

The Saints and Bucs have the best coaches clearly, but I still think Jerry Jones is going to figure out a way to get Peyton to Dallas.

The problem with this that everyone forgets is that Payton has already worked for Jerry Jones. He knows the exact scenario he would be jumping into because he watched it firsthand when he was coaching under Parcells. He knows that going to Dallas involves surrendering a tremendous amount of power (that he has in New Orleans) due to how often Jones wants to have his hands in the pot.

He loses his control over draft picks, free agents, his own coaching personnel, even how he runs his own team. 

Why would Payton want to go back and be further micromanaged by Jerry Jones? Payton is not a “Yes Man” and that’s what Jerry will hire if he fires Garrett.

19 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Watching paint dry isn’t much different than watching the heat come off the poo y’all watched on the field this year though.

:ninja::lol:

The problem with this that everyone forgets is that Payton has already worked for Jerry Jones. He knows the exact scenario he would be jumping into because he watched it firsthand when he was coaching under Parcells. He knows that going to Dallas involves surrendering a tremendous amount of power (that he has in New Orleans) due to how often Jones wants to have his hands in the pot.

He loses his control over draft picks, free agents, his own coaching personnel, even how he runs his own team. 

Why would Payton want to go back and be further micromanaged by Jerry Jones? Payton is not a “Yes Man” and that’s what Jerry will hire if he fires Garrett.

I don’t disagree with anything you said here, but I could see Jerry backing the brinks truck up to Payton’s door step.

Iron Saint likes this

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:54 PM, octoslash said:

I'd rather be the Bucs.  The weather there is usually wonderful.  

Come to San Diego.  The weather is much better here than Tampa...but there is no NFL team here. 

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

I don't envy any of our division opponents. I really don't. I don't care if they have the best team in any given season. I really don't. I may envy a player in that I wish the Falcons had that player, but I will never envy another team. I really will not. I have been riding this ship since 1997, which is when I got into NFL football, so I have been here from the beginning of my interest. I really have. . . .

The only purpose of this franchise is to disappoint it's fans,whatever decisions are made are the wrong ones and the only reason they win is to screw it up at the worst time. Any other NFC south team would be more worthwhile to follow as a football fan

6 hours ago, Farmer2 said:

I don’t disagree with anything you said here, but I could see Jerry backing the brinks truck up to Payton’s door step.

I think that’s the only wildcard in the scenario. The only thing bigger than Jones’ Texas-sized ego is his bank account. But is he willing to dole out a contract like the Raiders gave Gruden (or bigger, because we know Payton wouldn’t sign for less)? 

But even then, I’m still not sure Payton would want to risk his coaching legacy going to Dallas when he’s already built his team exactly how he wants it here just to start over nearly from scratch again.

I also think it’s another reason Mrs. Benson and Loomis are making sure Payton’s contract doesn’t expire and they keep extending him before it runs out.

9 hours ago, MAD597 said:

The only purpose of this franchise is to disappoint it's fans,whatever decisions are made are the wrong ones and the only reason they win is to screw it up at the worst time. Any other NFC south team would be more worthwhile to follow as a football fan

Some days I see real truth in this. It sure seems like a snake bitten franchise, but for some reason I keep going on, for 30 years...I’m just a sucker for pain...and I am not even from ATL. Up in PA With no reason to stay with them, heck never even stepped foot in ATL!

i have tried to use common sense and look for a more local team to follow, even lived in BAL for a year through the NFL season (real football town there) but just couldn’t do it.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, jlrfalcon said:

So, what NFC South team would one rather have a year from now?

Buccaneers-mobile QB but about to hit FA, will have a decent draft pick (early teens?), and have a pretty good DL.

Panthers-franchise QB injured-ever coming back?, just fired your HC, but a great RB-how long will he last?, pretty good middle LB

Saints-longtime QB near his last days, HC pretty solidified, high-rated defense, excellent but expensive WR, good RB but has been injured

Falcons-coaching staff near its last days?, no defensive pass rush, solid&durable QB, but terrible OL, on target for 5th pick next year

It can probably be agreed that the Saints are running away with the South next year but who will be the NFC South in best shape next year?

I think we are closer to being the Saints than any other team. Our QB is older, we have a high paid WR, and an often injured RB. The only thing missing is the HC. Either way I think  we are in a great position to make noise next year with the right staff.