408Falcon

Panthers Have Fired Ron Rivera

159 posts in this topic

Bring in San Fran's Mike McDaniel as HC/OC. Bring in Ron Rivera as DC/Assistant HC.

Let Ron be the big voice in the room until McDaniel grows into the leadership role, but most importantly, we secure our offensive/defensive system going forward.

I thought Rivera was a decent coach. Carolina is an odd team offensively - no real identity other than funnel the ball to #22. I knew when his defense was getting worked by some pretty average offenses that his days were numbered.

Unitas, JDaveG, YungFalco and 2 others like this

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Wouldn't mind giving him a look at DC next season.

Yeah tons of former head coaches find a niche coordinating. I think that's the direction we probably need to go on the defensive side. An older, experienced DC that serves as the assistant head coach. And a forward thinking OC/head coach.

Just now, The Don™ said:

Yeah tons of former head coaches find a niche coordinating. I think that's the direction we probably need to go on the defensive side. An older, experienced DC that serves as the assistant head coach. And a forward thinking OC/head coach.

Yep.  He'll get another HC opportunity, but if it isn't next season, I'd love to get him in the building to set the culture and hopefully bring in a staff where we can promote from within.