*Old Pappy Falcon*

Female coaching staff

36 posts in this topic

The future looks to bring in more female Coaching staff. Could we see this soon on our Team?  We will definitely be hearing more about this.  Thoughts on this subject would be interesting.

31 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

The future looks to bring in more female Coaching staff. Could we see this soon on our Team?  We will definitely be hearing more about this.  Thoughts on this subject would be interesting.

you do realize they some things that are dominated by women in the private sector. when is dominated by men everybody screams sexism but this is actually a pretty good thing.  

Osiruz likes this

A female joined the referee officiating staff but since females have not been involved in the actual sport itself I doubt it. IMHO. (I see we're up early again :lol:)

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

A female joined the referee officiating staff but since females have not been involved in the actual sport itself I doubt it. IMHO. (I see we're up early again :lol:)

Tampa Bay has 2 on their coaching staff

Very interesting article. The line coach may qualify but in my mind an 'assistant strengthening coach'  isn't a real nuts and bolts football game procedure coach although strength is an important factor I agree.

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

Won't happen anytime soon. Remember when everyone thought Becky Hammon would have a head coaching gig somewhere by now? The first chance she got to lead the team when Pop got ejected, she was picked over in favor of Duncan and she's the lead assistant.

It sounds good to be progressive and say a woman can coach, but in football, it's tough for her to be able to relate to players if she's never played the game. Imagine her getting in the face of a corner over a missed assignment. Then you have to deal with the media circus if you have to fire her with reporters asking questions of if the firing was warranted or not. 

The one who was the closest was Jen Welter. She had players in Arizona call her "Doctor" just because she purchased a degree online. The lady was just an intern during preseason.

I don't think we'll ever see a head football coach that's female in the NFL.

Halcon-1 likes this

The thought of subjecting a female coach to a bunch of idiot bro football fans is pretty horrifying, but doubtless they have the skin to handle it, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think the idea of some of them finally breaking through really cool and interesting. 

Edited by RightInTwo

Please stop using "female" as a noun when discussing humans.  

Good: There are a lot of female coaches who may bring interesting insights to the team. 

Bad: There are a lot of females who may bring interesting insights to the team. 

Thanks, 

The 21st Century

1 hour ago, Falcon Ben said:

Good: There are a lot of female coaches who may bring interesting insights to the team. 

Thanks, 

The 21st Century

Talk about grammar police. There's something deeper going on here but I'll just leave it at grammar police

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

^This

Tampa Bay has two on staff and they kicked out butts...just sayin'

One is essentially an intern trainer and the other is an assistant. Not sure they had much to do with the win or our own staff's incompetence. 

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

If we can get a good coaching staff they can all be hermaphrodites from another galaxy for all I care.   

Lmao right. Couldn't hurt....maybe.

octoslash likes this

Thanks, 

The 21st Century

I appreciate the feedback.  Thanks. It's interesting and I don't see the problem.

But you said I shouldn't say Female??

Seriously,  are you that ******* offended?

If I can't call a female,  A female....I should just move to Jupiter right?

ya_boi_j likes this

7 hours ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

That's the beauty of football.

All we care about is winning.  And if you can help us win we don't care about any of that other stuff.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

All we care about is winning.  And if you can help us win we don't care about any of that other stuff.

A lot of people don't realize 2 former female players have assistant coaching roles in the NBA. There's more spots for females in the NFL. Females just need to be given an opportunity to do so. Doesn't mean they have to be coordinators to make a contribution imo

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You don't care about other stuff? Like a gazzilion buckaroos going to one player?

Trust me, if i was 30 years younger and knew the future. ....I'd help this team win it all Jack!

Since you don't "care" about other things......Maybe I care more about the Falcon's fan heart in times of need.

And ****zu everything Zen, Conversation never hurts the soul when we need it.

3 hours ago, stizz said:

Won't happen anytime soon. Remember when everyone thought Becky Hammon would have a head coaching gig somewhere by now? The first chance she got to lead the team when Pop got ejected, she was picked over in favor of Duncan and she's the lead assistant.

It sounds good to be progressive and say a woman can coach, but in football, it's tough for her to be able to relate to players if she's never played the game. Imagine her getting in the face of a corner over a missed assignment. Then you have to deal with the media circus if you have to fire her with reporters asking questions of if the firing was warranted or not. 

The one who was the closest was Jen Welter. She had players in Arizona call her "Doctor" just because she purchased a degree online. The lady was just an intern during preseason.

I don't think we'll ever see a head football coach that's female in the NFL.

The NFL is rapidly moving away from violent contact and physicality and into games featuring little to no defense but a lot of scoring. This could evolve naturally into Flag Football, which would provide the perfect platform for female players to join in.

When that happens, some team will hire a female HC. Myself, I don't care what gender is the HC for Flag Football for I will either be dead or involved in something else. Now of course if the female players go topless, I'll be right there in person, in the first row, to cheer my team to victory. :lol:

Edit: Some day PSL's might stand for a license to watch Peaches in Sexy Lengerie. :slick:

9 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

You don't care about other stuff? Like a gazzilion buckaroos going to one player?

Trust me, if i was 30 years younger and knew the future. ....I'd help this team win it all Jack!

Since you don't "care" about other things......Maybe I care more about the Falcon's fan heart in times of need.

And ****zu everything Zen, Conversation never hurts the soul when we need it.

If the Falcons win do you care how much someone gets paid?  What they look like?

When you don't win is when this stuff typically comes up.  Like now.

And did you just call me ****-szu?

Why the hostility?  All I did was simply say if they can help us win then that should be all that matters.

It's that simple.  If you want to focus on other things then, as the great Bobby Brown would say, that's your prerogative.

uIBS3X.gif

Thanks, 

The 21st Century

Lighten up.  

Sincerely,

The previous 5,000 years of human civilization