Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtybyrdGA

Hawks December game thread

86 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

Reddish should be the backup point guard and Huerter the starting off guard. Huerter can bring the ball up along with Trae...

Huerter had 7 assists last night. Dude might get the start, but he is absolutely the guy when Trae isn't on the court. 

CHA game was the same way. 

MIA game. 

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20191210&game=ATLMIA

19 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Interesting Mock Draft. We have so much youth Id like to see us use our second 1st round pick to move up for Edwards if it’s an option.   But this Center from USC is intriguing

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866106-2020-nba-mock-draft-who-will-knicks-warriors-target-at-the-top#slide5

Tankathon says he’s a 6’9 PF.  Which is it?

http://www.tankathon.com/players/onyeka-okongwu

FalconsIn2012 likes this

How the heck are guys like Kendrick Nunn (Heat 17 ppg) & Robinson (Heat 12 ppg) going undrafted?

Miami putting on a clinic for roster building.  They also have Tyler Hero chipping in with 12 ppg

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

How the heck are guys like Kendrick Nunn (Heat 17 ppg) & Robinson (Heat 12 ppg) going undrafted?

Miami putting on a clinic for roster building.  They also have Tyler Hero chipping in with 12 ppg

Nunn is a 24yr old Rookie and Robinson is a 25yr old Rookie. They both went undrafted last year and spent the whole year in the G-League. NBA as a whole is pretty biased against older rookies because it is believed they do not have as much potential as a 1st year or 2nd year college player.  

Bam Adebayo as a comparison is in his 3rd year and is 22yrs old. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Nunn is a 24yr old Rookie and Robinson is a 25yr old Rookie. They both went undrafted last year and spent the whole year in the G-League. NBA as a whole is pretty biased against older rookies because it is believed they do not have as much potential as a 1st year or 2nd year college player.  

Bam Adebayo as a comparison is in his 3rd year and is 22yrs old. 

Sign me up for a 25 year old rookie like Nunn every year.  Teams are too enamored with youth.  I like a little experience.  Hope Nun wins ROY

54 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Sign me up for a 25 year old rookie like Nunn every year.  Teams are too enamored with youth.  I like a little experience.  Hope Nun wins ROY

They are 25 without experience. Hence Rookie. ;)

I don't disagree with teams being too enamored, but I would rather have Reddish with his youth/potential or Hunter over Robinson or Nunn. Nunn/Robinson are almost in their prime years as rookies. 

Nunn/Robinson and others are showing why the G-League is a good value that the NBA should continue to invest in. I just wish they didn't take teams from smaller cities to move them to next door of their NBA counterpart.