g-dawg

Tanker's Ball - might as well pre-empt FFS1970

53 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, I have already thought about this guy - would depend on what the docs say on the medicals.

I just posted an article on him, but many considered him a top 10 pick before the injury last year

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Picking 10th overall takes Falcons out of the running for these players:

Chase Young, DE (top 3 pick)

Jeff Odukah, CB (top 5 pick)

Andrew Thomas, LT (top 5 pick)

Players that could drop to #10 that might be of interest to Falcons:

Derrick Brown, DT - Auburn

AJ Epenesa, DE - Iowa

Grant Delpit, S - LSU

Javon Kinlaw, DT - South Carolina

Tristan Wirfs, OT - Iowa

I’m good with any of these guys but we desperately need an edge rusher

2 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

I’m good with any of these guys but we desperately need an edge rusher

after failures w/ Beasley and Takk - I won't no part of another 6'3", 240-255lb guy - done w/ that.

looking for rushers in the Cam Jordan vein - rather have an 8-10 sack guy per year with the total game than a "shoot the moon" pick that can maybe get you 12+ or be a total bust and liability in run deffense.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

after failures w/ Beasley and Takk - I won't no part of another 6'3", 240-255lb guy - done w/ that.

looking for rushers in the Cam Jordan vein - rather have an 8-10 sack guy per year with the total game than a "shoot the moon" pick that can maybe get you 12+ or be a total bust and liability in run deffense.

I get that, but size isn't solely it. Give me guys who win variety of ways. Vic was a pure speed rusher with no physicality to his game. Takk is a physical guy who struggles to finish and a #2 guy at best. 

Curtis Weaver is an example of a 6'3 255lb guy I'd be all for adding. Reminds me of Brandon Graham. Doubt anybody would complain if we added Graham. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

I get that, but size isn't solely it. Give me guys who win variety of ways. Vic was a pure speed rusher with no physicality to his game. Takk is a physical guy who struggles to finish and a #2 guy at best. 

Curtis Weaver is an example of a 6'3 255lb guy I'd be all for adding. Reminds me of Brandon Graham. Doubt anybody would complain if we added Graham. 

Weaver isn't a top 10 guy - he would have to fall to 2nd round.

20 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If you're talking top ten, there is only one DE worth taking and he's going top 2. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

I agree about weaver, his tape looks great in fact I have him and gross matos as the two guys I like best behind young

vel likes this

1 hour ago, Fernando C. said:

give me Brown..

8 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

Raekwon Davis looked better last week than brown did

did he

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You're right.  That would not go over well at all.

Especially considering how much they paid Carpenter and Brown.   Unless McGary makes a HUGE jump and stays at RT and Lindstrom plays like a pro-bowler out the gate last off-season may have been one of the worst debacles I've seen the Falcons make in regards to the oline I can remember.

I laugh when I think back to when people here were saying it was going to be the best oline Ryan ever played behind.

It's easily the worst SMH!:bang:

For me: Top Prospects

1. Chase Young - Elite player Day 1 (Generational) 1st overall

Gap

2. Tua Tagovailoa - Excellent player (Injury Concerns) Top 5 pick (Elite potential)

3. Joe Burrow - Solid player (Great mix of IQ, mobility, and talent) Top 5 pick (Elite potential)

Gap

4. Andrew Thomas - Very Good (Pass Blocking concerns) Top 10 pick. (Excellent potential)

Gap

About 10-12 good positional players who are very good prospects

vitaman likes this

7 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

For me: Top Prospects

1. Chase Young - Elite player Day 1 (Generational) 1st overall

Gap

2. Tua Tagovailoa - Excellent player (Injury Concerns) Top 5 pick (Elite potential)

3. Joe Burrow - Solid player (Great mix of IQ, mobility, and talent) Top 5 pick (Elite potential)

Gap

4. Andrew Thomas - Very Good (Pass Blocking concerns) Top 10 pick. (Excellent potential)

Gap

About 10-12 good positional players who are very good prospects

So you like to shop at The Gap?

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Picking 10th overall takes Falcons out of the running for these players:

Chase Young, DE (top 3 pick)

Jeff Odukah, CB (top 5 pick)

Andrew Thomas, LT (top 5 pick)

Players that could drop to #10 that might be of interest to Falcons:

Derrick Brown, DT - Auburn

AJ Epenesa, DE - Iowa

Grant Delpit, S - LSU

Javon Kinlaw, DT - South Carolina

Tristan Wirfs, OT - Iowa

I could see one or both of Epenesa or Wirfs staying for another season.  I think Wirfs is almost a lock to stay and it is seeming more likely Epenesa does as well.

1 minute ago, IA Falcon07 said:

I could see one or both of Epenesa or Wirfs staying for another season.  I think Wirfs is almost a lock to stay and it is seeming more likely Epenesa does as well.

perhaps but when you get graded "Top 10" - even most coaches will tell you to go.   Just look at Roquan Smith/Georgia.   Sometimes it works out to come back and sometimes it doesn't - but it is a big gamble.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

By March Weaver will be top 15. Burns wasn't talked about much last year until late January. Every year 2nd round edge rushers is November become top 10-15 guys in march

vitaman likes this

As far as QB's: I removed Fromm and Ellinger, I think they are 2021 prospects. 

Elite Potential (Russell Wilson) You have to earn HOF potential which is for Peyton, Brady, Brees, Montana, and Marino.

1. Tua Tagovailoa - Excellent player (Injury Concerns) Top 5 pick (Elite potential)

2. Joe Burrow - Solid player (Great mix of IQ, mobility, and talent) Top 5 pick (Elite potential)

Excellent Potential (Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Troy Aikman)

None

Very good potential (Michael Vick, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco)

3. Eason - Backup player (Arm talent and skills) - 2nd rounder (Very good potential)

Good potential (Andy Dalton, Matt Hasselbeck, Elvis Grbac, Ryan Tannehill)

4. Herbert - Decent player (Talent and ability) 2nd rounder (Good potential) 

Wildcard potential (Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, E.J. Manuel, Geno Smith, Josh Freeman) System, personnel, development, and fit matter the most

5. Jalen Hurts - Backup player (Intanigbiles and athletic) 3rd-4th 

6. Jordan Love - Backup player (Arm talent and ability) 3rd-4th Likely to return to college. 

Decent potential (Matt Schaub, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chris Chandelier, Chris Miller)

7. Jamie Newman - Backup player (mental makeup) 3rd-4th Likely to return to college. 

Backup potential (A.J. McCarron)

8. Steven Montez - Bad player (Good body with solid tools)

9. K.J. Costello - Bad player (High Football IQ and mental makeup)

10. Nate Stanley - Bad player (Scott Tolizen type)

11. James Morgan - Usual smaller school developmental prospect. (Good skills)

vitaman likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

perhaps but when you get graded "Top 10" - even most coaches will tell you to go.   Just look at Roquan Smith/Georgia.   Sometimes it works out to come back and sometimes it doesn't - but it is a big gamble.

I don't disagree with the reasoning of why they would.  I think both are fringe top10 players, so there is no certainty in top10.  The bigger reason is more so the loyalty to the program and I believe both can make bigger jumps in their game as well, very good seasons but not up to the expectations to some extent as well. Epenesa is also just a super high character guy and he may feel it's right to give him all for another season in the college ranks regardless of draft status just because of the family legacy at Iowa.

Just now, papachaz said:

except I don't think Tampa beats us again. to balance that, I'm not sure we beat the panties again.

and I'll leave those jokes for whomever decides to take them

:tiphat::lol:

Great, we're between the Tampoons and the panties.  out of luck.

17 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

My opinion...I don't think Tua has it mentally/leadership/the "it" factor. Has a great arm, talented. Wouldn't surprise me if he busted. 

you're not the first to suggest this. History has shown that even national championship qbs from alabama don't necessarily turn into great pros.