7 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Callaway is a pretty stadium :) He tore LHS a new one the game I saw him.

It's much more packed than the Benz...………...did I type that publicly. I haven’t been to a game in years but riding by seeing the tail gate set ups is cool. They have me wanting to stop by just to grab a plate

Who knows if he will be the future. Look at the number of quarterbacks who are playing that are 35+ yrs old. Most of them have outlasted their "replacement". Finding a franchise QB is very hard. Just look at the Falcons. They didn't have two consecutive winning season until MR and that was for almost 50 years. That's an amazing stat when you think about it.

Say what you want about Ryan, but if nothing else most everyone should at least agree that he has ELITE durability. Certainly hope that whomever replaces him in the (likely distant) future can replicate, though that seems less likely with mobile QBs. I have no interest in watching a backup QB play for the majority of a failed season or have a “franchise” QB’s career burnout prematurely from injuries.

Edited by cyberlian
1 minute ago, cyberlian said:

Say what you want about Ryan, but if nothing else most everyone should at least agree that he has ELITE durability. Certainly hope that whomever replaces him in the (likely distant) future can replicate, though that seems less likely with mobile QBs. I have no interest in watching a backup QB play for the majority of a failed season or have a “franchise” QB’s career burnout prematurely from injuries.

Durability doesn’t win championships 

On 12/2/2019 at 8:23 AM, tldr said:

Calling it now, Benkert will be Matt's backup for 2 years, then take over once Matt's arm snaps off. He's very athletic, fits the mobile qb mold that the league is trending towards and has a pretty strong arm.

Heck. He should have been the starter any way. He can play and has better skillset than Ryan.  The Falcons will either cut him or trade him to eliminate a qb controversy.