tldr

Our future QB

38 posts in this topic

Calling it now, Benkert will be Matt's backup for 2 years, then take over once Matt's arm snaps off. He's very athletic, fits the mobile qb mold that the league is trending towards and has a pretty strong arm.

THEHEADCOACH and Spts1 like this

43 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's the same thing to be said about all of these incoming rookies that everyone is screaming about, right?

Exactly! I really dont get people who crown or say someone is a bust before they even have a chance to develop and show what they can do. No one has patience anymore

Just now, FalconBlood23 said:

Exactly! I really dont get people who crown or say someone is a bust before they even have a chance to develop and show what they can do. No one has patience anymore

Not my situation but for many patience went away February 5, 2017 at around 9:52 PM. I understand why though. The downfall is the blame goes in the wrong direction all around but that's an entirely different conversation

It's extremely hard to find a franchise QB. You never know how the Falcons' next couple decades might go depending on whether we can find a franchise QB or not. People can say what they want to say about Matt Ryan all they want, but once he's gone, it's not promised we'll find a franchise QB with sustainability for a LONG time. We were very fortunate to have BACK TO BACK franchise QB's of Mike Vick and Matt Ryan. There's so many other teams in the league who have suffered for years and haven't been to a Super Bowl in 3+ decades because they've struggled to find a franchise QB. The next Atlanta thing that might happen is that the moment Matt Ryan retires, we finally have a consistent top 10 defense, but it's too little too late because we'll have QB issues. 

Edited by mqg96

58 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Lol hold your horses. We have no idea what he really is, maybe he's just a good backup and nothing else. Patience

No point in Ryan playing behind this OL.  Let’s see what Benkhart has and preserve Ryan’s physical and mental health

PokerSteve likes this

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not my situation but for many patience went away February 5, 2017 at around 9:52 PM. I understand why though. The downfall is the blame goes in the wrong direction all around but that's an entirely different conversation

Oh trust me, that day will haunt all of us Falcons fans. But at some point, you either have to move on from it or just stop watching the Falcons play all together. The whole point of watching a sport is to relax and cheer for your team, if you can't do that because of something that happened in the past....well you gonna have a **** time then

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

No point in Ryan playing behind this OL.  Let’s see what Benkhart has and preserve Ryan’s physical and mental health

Oh I totally agree with you on this premise, getting Ice killed behind this ****show isnt a smart idea so I am down for it. Is Benkert actually able to play the rest of the way? I cant remember what happened after his injury

papachaz and FalconsIn2012 like this

Just now, FalconBlood23 said:

Oh trust me, that day will haunt all of us Falcons fans. But at some point, you either have to move on from it or just stop watching the Falcons play all together. The whole point of watching a sport is to relax and cheer for your team, if you can't do that because of something that happened in the past....well you gonna have a **** time then

Believe me I agree. I was over it while we were sitting at the dinner table and the comeback begin lol. But we all aren't the same. You know how that goes

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

2 hours ago, tldr said:

Calling it now, Benkert will be Matt's backup for 2 years, then take over once Matt's arm snaps off. He's very athletic, fits the mobile qb mold that the league is trending towards and has a pretty strong arm.

Can he deliver a Great post game press conference with emotion?

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

So you want to see what a young and inexperience QB can do behind a bad OL?  Way to give the kid a chance to succeed.  Best way to ruin any future the kid might have is to stick him behind a bad OL and take a beating.  That was what happened to David Carr(Derek brother) and many, many other young QB.  Not saying that there is a point to have Ryan playing behind this OL either, but at least with a vet QB like Ryan he should knows to protect himself...if his pride would allow him to do so.  

PokerSteve likes this

I hope we see more of Benkert in the next preseason. If he can hang on to the second spot for years (anywhere from 4-6) to come, then he may well be the QB of the future. 

Isnt currently on the team. If we **** the bed next year, and have a chance to take Lawrence or Fields, then you pull the trigger. That gives them one year to sit behind Ryan and learn. 

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

3 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Isnt currently on the team. If we **** the bed next year, and have a chance to take Lawrence or Fields, then you pull the trigger. That gives them one year to sit behind Ryan and learn. 

Lawrence kid is a dang future star.

THEHEADCOACH likes this

I like Benkert , I hope we get to see him play some more next year and take the backup spot. I would like to see him develop and see what he really has.

10 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Lawrence kid is a dang future star.

Watched him play HS ball in Cartersville, which is just 20 mins from me. We knew Sunshine was legit back then. Kinda awesome the top 2 QBs next year are both from Georgia.

4 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Watched him play HS ball in Cartersville, which is just 20 mins from me. We knew Sunshine was legit back then. Kinda awesome the top 2 QBs next year are both from Georgia.

I watched him carve up our local high school team when he was at Cartersville. I think he threw 4-5 TDs in the game, and he didn't even finish the 3rd quarter before they pulled him. He was slinging the ball WAY downfield even then.

3 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I watched him carve up our local high school team when he was at Cartersville. I think he threw 4-5 TDs in the game, and he didn't even finish the 3rd quarter before they pulled him. He was slinging the ball WAY downfield even then.

*Old Pappy Falcon* and Geneaut like this