December 2019 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got a 2020 new years resolution for Kirby. Take the in state stud before he doesn't want you anymore.

I always imagined Jon Voight in Varsity Blues was an accurate representation of a Texas high school football coach.

SIAP   both Burch and Burton in town close it Kirby 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

The bigger question is why the offer at all. Would lead one to speculate that we might have some additional roster attrition at CB after the bowl game. Would make sense for that speculation to be centered around Stokes possibly going pro. If it was just a safety we needed, then we wouldn't have turned away Eric Reed at the last minute. 

i believe it's due to attrition we now suspect will happen.  we could have a few guys leave via the portal as well. 

53 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He will be amongst the biggest risers by this time next year.  5 star would not surprise me

He's a current recruit for this class, not next year. Late bloomer, at least from the recruiting services and a late flurry of big time college attention. He will be signing with a team within the next 6 weeks. 

From all the video/reps I've seen, Van Pran has easily been the best of our commits/signees on the OL

Lindberg has really impressed me as well, both looking like they might contribute early

Jones is what I've always thought he is, tons of potential, but will surely have to redshirt while he adds mass to play at the college level

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Chad Simmons has an update about 2021 in-state 5* OT Amarius Mims. UGA has been his clear leader for a long time, but with Pittman leaving he has put UGA down to 3rd on his list. Pittman was the biggest factor of his interest in UGA and he has no relationship at the moment with Matt Luke. He now says LSU and Bama are pretty much tied at the top of his list and he speaks with both coaching staffs more often than UGA.

His high school coach coached Jake Fromm and Trey Hill at Houston County and that part of the state is very UGA friendly. I think he’ll come around before all is said and done.

47 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Beck has all the physical talent you could ask for in a QB. Now it's just a question of if/when he can put the rest of it together. The playbook, the work ethic, the film study, the leadership ability, the ability to process information quickly and make the correct read, accuracy in the clutch, etc... Those are the areas Eason was a bit weak on during his freshman season and what allowed Fromm to overtake him when he got injured. From all indications we Beck is in the mold of Fromm when it comes to those intangibles, but like all players it remains to be seen until he actually does it. I've got high hopes for the kid. 

Edited by RandomFan
7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Beck has all the physical talent you could ask for in a QB. Now it's just a question of if/when he can put the rest of it together. The playbook, the work ethic, the film study, the leadership ability, the ability to process information quickly and make the correct read, etc... Those are the areas Eason was a bit weak on during his freshman season and what allowed Fromm to overtake him when he got injured. From all indications we Beck is in the mold of Fromm when it comes to those intangibles, but like all players it remains to be seen until he actually does it. I've got high hopes for the kid. 

Agreed after doing some research on the kid he has one year as a full time starting QB so he’s definitely an unfinished product.

Carson Beck posted the following totals (via Maxpreps.com) last fall during his first year as a full-time starting QB in high school football:

• 209 completions across 356 attempts (59% completion percentage)
  • 39 TDs/8 INTs (TD: INT ratio of 4.9/1)
  • 3,546 yards (253 yards per game)
  • Led a 6-4 team to an 11-4 finish and a state title in Florida’s largest classification
  • Was a rare junior who earned Florida’s “Mr. Football” honor for 2018

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/football/avantae-williams-staying-closer-to-home

"I've got it down to Ole Miss, LSU, Miami, Florida and Georgia," he said. "I'm going to have to set some officials, and I don't believe I'll be able to take all of them. 

"I will see more, watch some more film and see where I fit in at. Like what type of defense they play, where I fit in on the field like free safety or nickel or rover. Just trying to see what my role would be."

A program not yet on the visit schedule that should feel good should it push for the 5-foot-11, 180-pound Williams also happens to be the program poised for the best recruiting finish in the class of 2020. 

"Everybody is the same but I like Georgia right now," he said. "I like all of their DBs, I like their playing style, I think all of those boys are first round. 

"They're some dogs."

Williams stopped short of naming UGA a leader in his recruitment, however. 

8 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Beck has all the physical talent you could ask for in a QB. Now it's just a question of if/when he can put the rest of it together. The playbook, the work ethic, the film study, the leadership ability, the ability to process information quickly and make the correct read, accuracy in the clutch, etc... Those are the areas Eason was a bit weak on during his freshman season and what allowed Fromm to overtake him when he got injured. From all indications we Beck is in the mold of Fromm when it comes to those intangibles, but like all players it remains to be seen until he actually does it. I've got high hopes for the kid. 

Sounds like the work ethic and film study won’t be an issue.  Excited to see what he can do with a quality OL and weapons at rb and wr.

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Sedrick will be one of our 3-4 best guys in this class.  His tape is comical.  Looks like he is playing against boys 

Yeah the kid is good!  He plays with a consistently wide base. He anchors well and shows encouraging awareness in pass pro. Flashes impressive drive-blocking strength when he gets locked on as you have seen in some of his highlights.