1 minute ago, UGABOZ said:

whatever excuses you want to defend the statue

Almost every single post you make is anti-Ryan hate BS. 

You can call what I said as "whatever excuses", but they are actually accurate.. unlike most of the mindless speculation about how all of the Falcon's many problems would go away if we just had a  different QB. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn't Burrow pretty much unanimously expected to go to the Bengals #1 overall at this point?

TD doesn't believe in best player available. Unless it directly helps his prized gem Ryan.

By far the best QB in the draft, he is a Aaron Rodgers clone. I have been saying all along that I want Falcons to go o-line with Andrew Thomas or D-line with Derek Brown but if we continue to lose and

6 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

.... and he had the best coach in NFL history who is incredible about scheming to cover any flaws his team might have.

We on the other hand have people like DQ and Duck Kotter who utilizes 7 step drops, ultra slow developing patterns, and virtually no screen game or anything else to overcome his line's many deficiencies.

Last time Ryan had a great mind scheming for him, he was NFL MVP.

Belichick wasn’t able to scheme around that.  Denver destroyed Brady in AFCCG.  It’s why he begged Scarnnechia to return.

19 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Almost every single post you make is anti-Ryan hate BS. 

You can call what I said as "whatever excuses", but they are actually accurate.. unlike most of the mindless speculation about how all of the Falcon's many problems would go away if we just had a  different QB. 

The problems wouldn’t go away but the team would be more watchable. I’d rather watch Deshaun Watson run around like a magician and lose then watch Ryan look like a deer in headlights and lose. A lot of this “mindless” speculation is about just having a better product in general. The Falcons are like a great value brand Steelers rn, with overpaid guys all over the place and no wins or even exciting plays to show for it.

I don’t want to replace Ryan (not now at least) but you bet your *** if we had a young QB that could actually move then we’d at least have more ***** in the seats. 

And one person is bound to come into this thread and say “y’all don’t deserve Matt” but Matt doesn’t play for free. He has his dream job and he’s on a $135mil contract. He’s extremely well compensated for his time, he’s not slaving for the fans satisfaction. 

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Notice Chase was neutralized by the only team that double teams him?  That’s twice Michigan has shut him down.

If he’s good enough to command double teams in the NFL that’s more than enough to justify the price because rn we got two bums at EDGE. Takk would be great if he were a 3rd rounder.

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Notice Chase was neutralized by the only team that double teams him?  That’s twice Michigan has shut him down.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

If he’s good enough to command double teams in the NFL that’s more than enough to justify the price because rn we got two bums at EDGE. Takk would be great if he were a 3rd rounder.

Both of you all have been making great points throughout the thread.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The #1 pick needs to command and beat double teams.  

If you’re good enough to command them, that means you ARE beating them, otherwise there’d be no need to double team you. And I don’t mind if his production goes down off a double team, that allows Grady and Davidson (if we re-sign him) to eat.

But there’s also not much of a point of talking about this because Chase Young to Atlanta probably ain’t happening.

5 hours ago, The Rock said:

TD doesn't believe in best player available.

Unless it directly helps his prized gem Ryan.

Then he needs to go to the State Line. Our drafts should be BPA in every round, at every position, even if we're solid at that position. Keep doin that for several years and we will be stacked, deep and have plenty bargaining chips. Don't ever fall into a Dimi needs based draft conundrum. Ever. That will get you Sackmaker, Jelly, Puddin, King Konz, Teasley, Haggleman, Jailin Collins, Akeem The Dream Dent, Featherspoon and Crisp Owens. Contrary to popular belief the draft aint the only way to build a roster. It should be a long term roster building strategy. Not a hole pluggin strategy with rooks that will get handled for 2-3 years.

6 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

The problems wouldn’t go away but the team would be more watchable. I’d rather watch Deshaun Watson run around like a magician and lose then watch Ryan look like a deer in headlights and lose. A lot of this “mindless” speculation is about just having a better product in general. The Falcons are like a great value brand Steelers rn, with overpaid guys all over the place and no wins or even exciting plays to show for it.

I don’t want to replace Ryan (not now at least) but you bet your *** if we had a young QB that could actually move then we’d at least have more ***** in the seats. 

And one person is bound to come into this thread and say “y’all don’t deserve Matt” but Matt doesn’t play for free. He has his dream job and he’s on a $135mil contract. He’s extremely well compensated for his time, he’s not slaving for the fans satisfaction. 

Yes we would be a more watchable losing franchise right now. A mobile QB may have even got us to 6-10 or 7-9 this season.

I agree that a young exciting QB would be fun, and I want one when it's time.. I just disagree with a lot of the piling on Matt when it's hard to be great playing under the current circumstances. 

Brady’s had Dante Sccarhnicia basically his whole career.

The numbers can say what they want.Theres a reason BB went and pulled this guy back off the rocking chair.

You want to talk importance to a guys longevity and career I’m sure a portion of Brady’s cheque goes to the above mentioned keeping him standing for as long as he has.

6 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Yes we would be a more watchable losing franchise right now. A mobile QB may have even got us to 6-10 or 7-9 this season.

I agree that a young exciting QB would be fun, and I want one when it's time.. I just disagree with a lot of the piling on Matt when it's hard to be great playing under the current circumstances. 

Matt’s not the reason we suck. I’ll leave it at that. 

54 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

1.  You really want Joe Burrow with Dirk Koetter?

2.  If you answered no to that then maybe our quarterback is not the issue.

3.  Joe Burrow sucked royally last year.  He, just like many college QBs, can jump onto the scene just as he’s doing right now.  I would pass on Burrow and see if Matt and this team can do better next year.  If not then we’ll be perfectly situated for Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence.

Dirk Koetter is not going to be here next year. 

2 hours ago, The Rock said:

TD doesn't believe in best player available.

Unless it directly helps his prized gem Ryan.

I had to laugh seeing the likes of your post, and it’s all the same people that **** talk Ryan...y’all just run around talking baseless garbage and liking each others posts. Like and anti Ryan circle jerk lol.

i do agree a HOF worthy QB is likely his Gem pick...though Jarrett was the best value by far.

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

If this, too, is your answer to number one then see number 2.

QB is not our biggest problem, but if by some kind of miracle Burrow is still on the board (he won’t be), then the Falcons would be foolish not to take him. Matt Ryan isn’t going to play forever.

Edited by RightInTwo
21 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I think he goes #1, even before Tua going down I thought he was the best QB in the draft and the Bengals are clearly going QB.

Yeah I agree.   Burrows really has all you need - cannot believe I am saying this because last year I wasn’t even sure if he was draftable.

I do believe Joe Brady and LSU scheme is perhaps enhancing his value - but it’s hard to complete 80% of your passes in practice against air.

Burrows has the intangibles as well - tough, good teammate, elusive in pocket,  can run when necessary, etc.    I know he is a “one year wonder” but believe he is real deal.

Will be interesting to see Burrow against my Dawgs defense next week but believe he will probably have a great game.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah I agree.   Burrows really has all you need - cannot believe I am saying this because last year I wasn’t even sure if he was draftable.

I do believe Joe Brady and LSU scheme is perhaps enhancing his value - but it’s hard to complete 80% of your passes in practice against air.

Burrows has the intangibles as well - tough, good teammate, elusive in pocket,  can run when necessary, etc.    I know he is a “one year wonder” but believe he is real deal.

Will be interesting to see Burrow against my Dawgs defense next week but believe he will probably have a great game.

His game is like Brady’s.  Not sure about intangibles, but his overall skillset is unique

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Even last year there was glimpses of his talent, but under Joe Brady he's taken his game to another level. Go back and watch his last few games of 2018 and you could see he was starting to figure it out.