Refried Beans

Joe Burrows

137 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Really? He turned Harry Douglas, the worst WR in the league into a 1000yard guy. Real all pro guy there!

If we're being honest that's extremely easy to do when you're the only reliable target outside of Gonzo. He had 85 catches, he better had cracked 1000, which he barely did. He also only had 2 TD's so that's nothing to really write home about. I see that mentioned all the time without people mentioning the circumstances surrounding that season. He was pretty much the only receiver on that team that was already established one way or another in the league

Osiruz and Jerz #Quinning like this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If we're being honest that's extremely easy to do when you're the only reliable target outside of Gonzo. He had 85 catches, he better had cracked 1000, which he barely did. He also only had 2 TD's so that's nothing to really write home about. I see that mentioned all the time without people mentioning the circumstances surrounding that season. He was pretty much the only receiver on that team that was already established one way or another in the league

Oh I agree. You and I can discuss the in depth reasons for players and outcomes, But the concept being pushed was that Matt only produces because he has "all pro talent all the time." Word for word. Thats saying all you need is a pro bowl WR and any QB can succeed. Remember when James Stone was our center and would snap the ball into his own cornhole? Somehow people blame Matt. Mike Person, a guard being forced into center and rolling the snaps to Matt? Well he has a Probowl WR!

It is a pretty naive statement as we can look at this season, take the all22 and see the poor play design and route concepts that have cost the offense and also made Ryan hold the ball longer. He can't throw it if everyone is covered.

But add in Carpenter and Brown and you get 1) little time to throw and 2)no one open to throw it to and fans think Matt Ryan sucks. Let's face it, Falcons fans in general are a stupid lot. TAFT just gives them a place to prove how stupid they are, DAILY.

27 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t fully buy this argument.  Julio, Roddy & TG were the primary options until Week 6.  Roddy has 100 targets, TG had 120 targets.  To say Douglass was the only option is just not true.

In 11 games, Douglass had over 800 yards.  That’s a testament to both Ryan and Douglass

Halcon-1 likes this

12 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Hurts and Lawrence are 2021 guys,not 2020 guys.

Hurts graduated last December. This was his last year of eligibility. Lawrence, yes, is a 2021 guy, unless his productions slips. 

Flying Falcon likes this

you 

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This video vs Bama is why I think Burrow is the best prospect since Luck.  These are elite NFL throws.  And he is very mobile.  Also, look how much better their WR route concepts are than the Falcons

You should also check out his game vs Texas where he is throwing the ball to covered WR in a spot where only they can catch it. Like i said before if he is available you sprint to the podium,  and try to find the best trade for Ryan.

1 minute ago, Falcon from E said:

you 

You should also check out his game vs Texas where he is throwing the ball to covered WR in a spot where only they can catch it. Like i said before if he is available you sprint to the podium,  and try to find the best trade for Ryan.

A team like the Bears would offer two 1st round Picks for Ryan.  

24 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Hurts and Lawrence are 2021 guys,not 2020 guys.

As will be Fields, JT Daniels (USC), Tua T. (if he chooses to come back to Bama), Fromm, Ehlinger, Ian Book (ND), Mond (A&M), Guarantano (TN) and Eason (if he returns to UW).

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

As will be Fields, JT Daniels (USC), Tua T. (if he chooses to come back to Bama), Fromm, Ehlinger, Ian Book (ND), Mond (A&M), Guarantano (TN) and Eason (if he returns to UW).

Hurts is definitely 2020. I typed Hurts when I was thinking fields because his name has been a few times in this thread.

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Yeah man I had literally just woken and typed that. 

Just imagine trying to post after just waking up and your glasses aren't on yet. I can type some of the dumbest things in the world when that happens. By the time I realize what happened it's to late to back out of it lol

9 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Eason should definitely go back to UW and work on his fundamentals. There was a video I watched over him and how he’s clearly insanely talented but he’s just not making the reads he should be making. And his footwork isn’t quite where it should be for a 3rd year player.

I hope he gets it together. He’s like a more accurate, refined but less mobile Josh Allen.

Flying Falcon and m2Falcons like this

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

That just might work...in Madden! :lol:

A QB needy team like the bears might bite. If not then sit the QB for 2 years and start Ryan. 

I think Burrows can be better long term than Matt Ryans. But he won’t reach his potential working with Dirt Koetters or Dan Quinns. He’d be better off working with Sean Peytons or Jim Harbaughs 

Do you think Joe Burrow and his team will be okay with sitting behind Ryan for 2 - 3 seasons? Do you think the Falcons will want such a high draft pick riding the pine for as many as 3 seasons without significant playing time in the regular season?

I mean, because Matt Ryan isn't going anywhere at least for the next 2 - 3 seasons after this season.