Good news!!!

mattyicefalcon

20 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

With the teams ahead of us all playing each other, some multiple times, we could very well end up 3rd at the highest.  Those top two teams would have to be dolphins and bengals though.  And both would have to take quarterbacks.  

then we’d get Chase Young...it would be fantastic consolation for this embarrassingly painful season we’ve had to endure.

but that’ll never happen.  It would allow us to trade down and scoop Derrick brown though

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Would like to determine our own destiny, but we are going to need help if we are going to capture a top-three draft pick. Hate having to rely on other teams.

3 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

With the teams ahead of us all playing each other, some multiple times, we could very well end up 3rd at the highest.  Those top two teams would have to be dolphins and bengals though.  And both would have to take quarterbacks.  

then we’d get Chase Young...it would be fantastic consolation for this embarrassingly painful season we’ve had to endure.

but that’ll never happen.  It would allow us to trade down and scoop Derrick brown though

You had me going there with Ohio State, DE Chase Young being our consolation prize for such a painful season.....then you busted my bubble by saying it'll never happen!  LOL!  Really? 
If we can't draft him outright, it may only take a slight trade to get him.....nothing like the Julio deal.  And I think it would definitely be worth it, just like Julio has. 
To me, he's a J.J. Watt type in waiting --- Bring him home DQ, TD, or, whoever's there next year!  

Every team one game ahead of us could still lose a game to tie our "win record" but would still be above us in Draft Order due to having a weaker SOS.   

btw...  the teams we are presently one game ahead of would also jump us if we manage to win a 4th game to then tie their current 4 wins. Falcons could end up picking in the middle teens if they get to 5-11; outside the Top 10 with 4-12.

8 minutes ago, Champagne said:

Yep. All the Falcs have to do is to keep losing in order to achieve this. But they WON'T, I tell ya because the Falcs are not that bad. They are better than what their records says they are.

Talent wise maybe but the Falcons flat out suck any way you look at it. And better than our record...How? We were lucky to beat the Eagles and could be 2-10

5 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

It begs the question, do you pass on Burrow if he is sitting there at #3?

21 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The odds of that are unbelievably low...it would mean:

A. 1-2 other QBs went before him, meaning he  fell from grace and isn’t worth the 3 pick

or

B. 1-2 non QB players went first, despite the teams ahead of us each having a huge hole at QB

so I would either try to trade down to a QB needy team if he is in demand (scenario 2) or take another player (scenario 1)

30 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yes. You pass without question.  Burrow was hot garbage just last year.  Many QBs rise to the top every year just as Burrow is doing.  He’ll go number 1 anyway with Tua out.

Besides.  If we still suck next year and Matt continues to trend negatively then Justin Fields will be ready and waiting, as will Trevor Lawrence, who I don’t really care for but he has the intangibles.

5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I would feel pretty good if we were at 3 behind MIA and CIN. Not sure there is a 2nd QB to go before Young though. If not, gotta hope MIA locks in on a top OT to replace Tunsil. I would be willing to give away a mid rounder to go from 3 to 2 if MIA made the call.

Both Cincy and Dolphins need a Q.B

Giants / Skins will probably grab Chase Young