Quinn finally throws Ryan under the bus

⚡Slumerican⚡

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

Koetters routes are long developing so Ryan would be throwing the ball away every single drop back since his receivers are running long routes and cannot get separation

You football challenged fans keep regurgitating this overused cop out for too long. Koetter had plenty of quick routes yesterday but I wouldnt expect you to be able to identify them.

19 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Even the commentators were saying Ryan was holding on the ball too long. It was obvious.

Ryan should know by now his line will not block for long. 

When the routes don’t allow for you to get rid of the ball then where would you throw it?

23 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

He's not wrong.  Matt looked like a college QB who was just running plays and not reading the D.  It was as if the first read wasn't there, he didn't know where guys were (or should be) and just froze even when he did have a little bit of time.  A couple of those sacks should have been simple throwaways.  Less bothered by the ones late in the game when OL collapsed when we could no longer even pretend to run the ball.

Name one time Ryan has thrown anyone on the team under the bus including coaches. The answer is not once. As a head coach, you save that for the locker room. DQ showing some true colors.

I know its minority opinion and definitely think Ryan ain't finished as an NFL QB but I'm just ready to see something different. Quinn isn't wrong about Ryan's game last night, but its a ****hole move to call out any player, when the problems swirling around this team are more than one player and most start with DQ himself. So yea ready to see a whole new regime, system,QB,RB,WR. The sooner they can get there the sooner we can start talking about winning football games again. 

1 minute ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Name one time Ryan has thrown anyone on the team under the bus including coaches. The answer is not once. As a head coach, you save that for the locker room. DQ showing some true colors.

Yea, I see and understand both sides of this argument, but if Quinn wants to do this, then Ryan can come with a bazooka because they aint protecting him either or placing him in the best position to succeed.

40 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

About time 

@vxmcclure23: In explaining the sacks, Quinn did relate the coverage sacks to Matt Ryan and maybe getting rid of the ball/holding it too long

Because no one was open and his big weapons were all out. No Julio and Hooper!!! And Sanu gone... They only had Calvin who was really the only other dangerous target left for Matt.

The running game was less than average and the protection was the worst of the season. The blocking was pathetic and Matty was left to make a play.

7 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Quinn is in desperation mode right now.. He knows hes about to clean out his office 

Fact is, Matt would probably be the 1st person to say he had a horrible game last night.

If you defend that performance, I cant take anything you say seriously any more. It was absolutely atrocious. Do I feel that that game was indicative of the kind of player Matt is? No. But formulating every kind of excuse for his performance yesterday is an absolute joke.

33 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Koetters routes are long developing so Ryan would be throwing the ball away every single drop back since his receivers are running long routes and cannot get separation

This plus did any of our brain dead coaches not see that mcgary was getting smoked?? Why didn't we start giving him help with a rb chipping or something? 

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

About time 

@vxmcclure23: In explaining the sacks, Quinn did relate the coverage sacks to Matt Ryan and maybe getting rid of the ball/holding it too long

Why didn't he throw Dirk under the bus for running an offense that only makes the problem worse?  I'm over it, show the whole crew the door including the ball boys and even the guys that make the Gatorade can GTFO.

I need to see the actual presser. Was this a case where DQ came up to the podium and said “we could’ve had 10 more points on the board if Matt wasn’t holding onto the ball” ...

...or was it Vaughn asking one of those leading questions, “Coach, would you agree that part of the protection problems stemmed from Matt not getting rid of the ball?” 

56 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

I agree,just start hitting the receiver in the back of the helmet with it.

48 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Matt Ryan has always been a good team mate, there is simply no question about that. Character wise Matt Ryan is not up for debate.

Dan Quinn however... not only is he a fraud (I would really like to know what he actually was allowed to do in Seattle), he has shown exceptionally cowardice when it comes to taking responsibility. This may go hand in hand with him being a fraud. 

36 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Fact is, Matt would probably be the 1st person to say he had a horrible game last night.

If you defend that performance, I cant take anything you say seriously any more. It was absolutely atrocious. Do I feel that that game was indicative of the kind of player Matt is? No. But formulating every kind of excuse for his performance yesterday is an absolute joke.

He was bad last night no doubt but so was the O line, the run game, and a DK playbook that should have been thrown in a shredder 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Who cares about that?   DQ simply said Matt held the ball too long at times.  I consider that constructive criticism.  We're not talking about DQ  ratting him out or something.  (For some reason, your quote did not come through)  @2_legit_2_legit_2_quit

Edited by Monolith2001

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I admire the honesty. Matt was holding onto the ball too long last night but I hope there’s a tidbit in there on why they thought it was a good idea to leave our right tackle isolated on Cam Jordan on the key play of the night after Cam had been whipping his a** the whole game.

@Vandy @MSalmon @athell where is your god now ??? hahaha 

You can't just throw the ball away in the pocket. If you attempt to throw it away across the field of play with people hitting you in the pocket , you are really asking for trouble. Then you have the whole purpose of throwing it away , is to live another down and without losing yards, Matt has always been one to throw it away. Actually had the highest percentage of throw aways one year because of no one open. Which that was a was common under Mularkey and Dirk the last time. You do that with the idea of hoping for something better. At this point , if Matt is getting to hold it hoping someone will come open, that is the best it is gonna get for him!!! You have to try to make something happen! Only hope we got in this garbage offense. Apparently part of our Doofus fan base can't comprehend how bad this offense is. When nothing works , when you are constantly avoiding pressure and being hit, it will make you do things differently. Like it really matters at this point.