Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

McGary & Speed Rush

I was concerned with McGary’s ability to handle speed rushers.   His tape vs Auburn & Bama showed a clear flaw in technique.  This flaw was glossed over because of the “Mudd” philosophy of blocking....but he is a liability at this point.  Easily could have allowed 6 sacks last night.  In the 4th he honestly did not appear to be trying

We need to draft his line mate Adams out of Washington in the 2nd round.  He is a better tackle.  Slide McGary inside next to him.

3 minutes ago, Steel City Falcon said:

They should have just drafted Cody Ford who wasn’t a project like McGary. He could be seen manhandling the Cowboys Dline in the previous game.

Tunnel vision is no GM’s friend.  

TD’s Tunnel Vision & Affinity To Move Up In 1st Round Has Cost:

•  One 1st Round Pick

•  Four 2nd Round Picks

•  Three 3rd Round Picks

•  Two 4th Round Picks

Rosters are built in Rounds 2-4 of the draft.  Since 2008 the Patriots have had 16 more top 120 picks than the Falcons.  It’s a problem.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I was concerned with McGary’s ability to handle speed rushers.   His tape vs Auburn & Bama showed a clear flaw in technique.  This flaw was glossed over because of the “Mudd” philosophy of blocking....but he is a liability at this point.  Easily could have allowed 6 sacks last night.  In the 4th he honestly did not appear to be trying

We need to draft his line mate Adams out of Washington in the 2nd round.  He is a better tackle.  Slide McGary inside next to him.

Why the f do we need to keep drafting OL to help the OL we just drafted?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!! We spent a 1st rounder on him. That states that he "SUPPOSED" to be able to handle anything!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Why the f do we need to keep drafting OL to help the OL we just drafted?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!! We spent a 1st rounder on him. That states that he "SUPPOSED" to be able to handle anything!!!!!

Whatever. Dude, he’s a rookie.

@FalconsIn2012 that’s not a bad idea. There were a few scouts that thought McGary might be a much more athletic G. I don’t disagree, as he’s mean and still pretty Athletic. I love Adams’ length. I’d have zero problem having an interior long-term of McGary, Lindstrom, Jake at LT and Adams at RT. While we’re at it, let’s draft a dam OC. Mack is fading fast

10 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Because we still don’t have a RT unless it’s Gono

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

@FalconsIn2012 that’s not a bad idea. There were a few scouts that thought McGary might be a much more athletic G. I don’t disagree, as he’s mean and still pretty Athletic. I love Adams’ length. I’d have zero problem having an interior long-term of McGary, Lindstrom, Jake at LT and Adams at RT. While we’re at it, let’s draft a dam OC. Mack is fading fast

Rookie, Snookie.  We spent a 1st on the dude. Now we need to spend something else cause he needs help? Bruh, at this rate, let's just draft OL in every round. Forget about anything else.

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Plus McGary & Adams are cert athletic and strong.  Outside zone becomes a weapon again.  

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

He77, we STILL dont have a QB with killer instinct or that can lead us back to get a win either. But, let's just keep staying status quo and hoping everything go back till the time when we had some sort of relevance.

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yup

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Plus McGary & Adams are cert athletic and strong.  Outside zone becomes a weapon again.  

I like that combo from a run standpoint as well, you want that right sight stout. McGary will not get bull rushed that’s for sure lol

adams is long...I like him a lot actually, and he’s what a low second or high third round pick, so good value

8 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

He77, we STILL dont have a QB with killer instinct or that can lead us back to get a win either. But, let's just keep staying status quo and hoping everything go back till the time when we had some sort of relevance.

you’re the most certifiable troll on the board. After you watched Ryan literally get the snot beat out of him, have zero running game, lose two of his top receivers and we lost 4 points on bad kicking, to still say he has zero killer instinct and berate him is just pure troll and basically arseholish.

not too mention, how many non-competitive, lacking killer instinct QBs chase down a 300 pound DT that got a freak Int and get slammed but get right back up. 

9 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

This is the most excuse making fanbase I EVER seen. Must be part of this "Entitlement" generation.

Hay do you bother coming here? Yiu basically never contribute unless it’s a Ryan dig.

you act like the millennial 

2 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Pretty sure between draining Medicare and Soc Security,  baby boomers are the "Entitlement" generation.

Pretty sure the baby boomers "WORKED" for that Medicare and Soc. Security and didnt come into this world expecting something to be given to them for nothing.

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yup

I like that combo from a run standpoint as well, you want that right sight stout. McGary will not get bull rushed that’s for sure lol

adams is long...I like him a lot actually, and he’s what a low second or high third round pick, so good value

you’re the most certifiable troll on the board. After you watched Ryan literally get the snot beat out of him, have zero running game, lose two of his top receivers and we lost 4 points on bad kicking, to still say he has zero killer instinct and berate him is just pure troll and basically arseholish.

not too mention, how many non-competitive, lacking killer instinct QBs chase down a 300 pound DT that got a freak Int and get slammed but get right back up. 

Usually I wouldn't respond, but you can have this for free. Excuses are like buttholes and right now, that's all I'm reading and seeing. Just because someone disagree with what they see on the field and others opinions, this generation has created a word, "troll", to try to degrade another.  Well, you have to do better than that with me. I've been a fan of this team since the 70's and your little creative words dont affect me.

20 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

This is the most excuse making fanbase I EVER seen. Must be part of this "Entitlement" generation.

I would call it constructive reasoning.  Either we made a poor call on drafting McGary, or he is playing the wrong position.  Constructive reasoning would say draft a RT and slide McGary inside where his aggression can be fully utilized.  Excuse making would be to say McGary sucks, cut him and let’s try again.  Or excuse making would blame Ryan for McGary’s struggles.

8 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Pretty sure the baby boomers "WORKED" for that Medicare and Soc. Security and didnt come into this world expecting something to be given to them for nothing.

Repeatedly lowering their own taxes doesn't really fit that narrative, chief. They are scheduled to take out far more than they put in.

Just now, atlbaby said:

No he’s a RT. I do not want a 6’7 guard.

6'8 G.

He had a bad game last night. Had a great game against the same defense a few weeks ago.

He's a rookie who's gonna be up and down and people already wanna change his position and replace him. Dumb as ****.

1 minute ago, FalconAge said:

Repeatedly lowering their own taxes doesn't really fit that narrative, chief. They are scheduled to take out far more than they put in.

Baby Boomers lowering their taxes. Well, how much are they bringing into their household with this Entitlement generation that wants to sit on their couch and play Madden and NBA2k all day? Oh, and smoke weed like they created it.

30 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I generally like ya, but I need to call you out here:

Ryan is 8th All Time in game winning drives.  The only guys ahead of him played way more games

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

I generally like ya, but I need to call you out here:

Ryan is 8th All Time in game winning drives.  The only guys ahead of him played way more games

Here we go with the past and stats. This is 2019. When is the last time that Ryan lead us back to a win? Fair question.