wartownfalcon

Ryan getting stiff armed

27 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ATL_666 said:

Point taken, but the person who does stadium replays is the least of our concerns.  That person isn't even in the top 100 of people who gotta go

Just saying how much of a joke this organization is from top to BOTTOM as the replay person is

UK13 likes this

14 minutes ago, falconsrsuper said:

I got to admit that fumble where he was trying to get the first down made me laugh out loud

He actually got the first down by not sliding, then took a very hard hit. We are lucky to have him.

Rings and Sportsman2593 like this

8 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

A QB just trying to make something happen when his line couldn’t block a HS team

Well he tried, I guess thats good enough for this lame duck fanbase. Just like the FO and whoever controls the stadiums replay the fans are just as much clueless and fine with mediocrity.

Plunket76 likes this

Just now, Jerz #Quinning said:

Well he tried, I guess thats good enough for this lame duck fanbase. Just like the FO and whoever controls the stadiums replay the fans are just as much clueless and fine with mediocrity.

He was also blocked in the back as he was trying to make the tackle (penalty was called). The replay was showing the penalty; not necessarily the stiff arm. The video operators usually show replays of penalties on the opposing team.

1 minute ago, esmithidoc said:

He was also blocked in the back as he was trying to make the tackle (penalty was called). The replay was showing the penalty; not necessarily the stiff arm. The video operators usually show replays of penalties on the opposing team.

You are probably right that makes the most sense. This was a terrible thread.

esmithidoc likes this

6 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

The replay was showing the penalty;

Ahhhh yeah I had to go search YouTube. I didn’t hear who the block in the back was on. The flag was way back at the LOS so I thought it happened when the ball was intercepted 

esmithidoc likes this

51 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

Ryan had no time to throw, no Julio and no Hooper. I really admire him for putting everything on the line to try to win a game that wasn’t so important for us to win (no playoff hopes).

My wife went w my step sons last week.  She text me and said”I’d quit if I were Matt ryan”

Ryan took one for the team.

The push in the back wasn't necessary at all.

I have to admit that's the most effort I've ever seen him make after an INT. Usually he steps aside or at most try and create traffic so a teammate can make a tackle.

This time he actually found out what a stiff arm feels like.

Faithful Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

The fact they showed the home crowd a replay of that shows this organization is clueless from top to bottom. If I’m Blank, the person over replays is fired after the game.

They gotta cater to the paying Saints fans if they want to sell tickets.

5 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Dude what do you expect?? Man had zero time to throw and was harassed all night long and this lame duck dumpster fire of a o line couldn't protect him you put brady or anyone else back there and see what happens..yeah matt made some mistakes tonight but please dont sit there and not be objective..

1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Dude what do you expect?? Man had zero time to throw and was harassed all night long and this lame duck dumpster fire of a o line couldn't protect him you put brady or anyone else back there and see what happens..yeah matt made some mistakes tonight but please dont sit there and not be objective..

But why does it seem like every time it’s a big 3rd or 4th down Matt Ryan takes a sack I’m not saying we need a Lamar Jackson but we need a QB that can move and not be a statue this is ridiculous i appreciate everything Matt has done for this organization but i think we need to start thinking about moving on we need a spark a new coach a new QB reset the organization it’s just embarrassing at this point we need a whole new identity ... I’d much rather be KC, Baltimore, Buffalo, **** even the Jets and Giants future is looking up no offense but Matt seems stale at this point we know his ceiling if we have the right coach and everything is perfect we can get to a super bowl but let’s not forget we were only 11-5 that year it was sort of a down year in the NFC 

3 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Ryan took one for the team.

The push in the back wasn't necessary at all.

I have to admit that's the most effort I've ever seen him make after an INT. Usually he steps aside or at most try and create traffic so a teammate can make a tackle.

This time he actually found out what a stiff arm feels like.

What these clueless fans don't understand is that Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, and Patrick Mahomes would all be stuff armed by a guy that big too. Being pushed in the back wouldn't help them either.

ya_boi_j likes this

5 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

What these clueless fans don't understand is that Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, and Patrick Mahomes would all be stuff armed by a guy that big too. Being pushed in the back wouldn't help them either.

The sad part is he was gonna get stiff armed without the push. Instead of them complaining about the push in the back, why not discuss how horrible of a decision that throw was. 

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

7 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

The fact they showed the home crowd a replay of that shows this organization is clueless from top to bottom. If I’m Blank, the person over replays is fired after the game.

I disagree. Showing it again gives Clueless Cowardly Quinn a chance to throw the challenge flag for a 15 yard facemask penalty, that should have been called.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

The sad part is he was gonna get stiff armed without the push. Instead of them complaining about the push in the back, why not discuss how horrible of a decision that throw was. 

The push in the back was dirty. A block in the back is illegal for a reason. The pick was more of a good play than a bad throw.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

The push in the back was dirty. A block in the back is illegal for a reason. The pick was more of a good play than a bad throw.

The point I was making is that he would have gotten stiff armed even if he wasn’t touched. And that was a terrible decision, which is what I said. I didn’t say it was a bad throw. That ball should have not gotten throw.