Jump to content

Matt Ryan got to go


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much a quarterback can do if he is sacked 9 times in a game. QBs like Ryan don’t grow on trees. One day he will be inducted into the HOF, just sayin.

I'm not sure Lamar Jackson could be successful behind this OL

You first

1 minute ago, HEIST said:

MR perception outside of the Falcons fanbase is starting to become that of the Romo's, Rivers and Cutler's. Guys that are no doubt good but they will **** it up at the end.

Cutler totally does not belong in the conversation with those other guys. You won’t even find one Bears fan that would defend him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flying Falcon said:

Say Pappy, a lot of these nutty Matt Ryan fans don't even remember the NFL lockout back in the days when they had replacement players. Young snotty nose kids thinking they know something cause someone hurt their feelings talking about their idol, Matt Ryan.

Lmao hard in tears still .

Yes Flying lol, that was some real who's who back then lol. I do remember that!

It was a army of nobody lol. Tough times, and looking back...I Didn't know any of them lol. It was like college workout or a Hall of fame scrimmage lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HEIST said:

MR perception outside of the Falcons fanbase is starting to become that of the Romo's, Rivers and Cutler's. Guys that are no doubt good but they will **** it up at the end.

Especially after tonight. It was bad. 

Rich Eisen saying he feels sorry for the man and Ryan Clark making those exact comparisons. Stick a fork in em

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HEIST said:

MR perception outside of the Falcons fanbase is starting to become that of the Romo's, Rivers and Cutler's. Guys that are no doubt good but they will **** it up at the end.

Right on spot! That's what a lot of us know before a game even starts lol.

But Arthur Can't see this???C'mon!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Lmao hard in tears still .

Yes Flying lol, that was some real who's who back then lol. I do remember that!

It was a army of nobody lol. Tough times, and looking back...I Didn't know any of them lol. It was like college workout or a Hall of fame scrimmage lol

Exactly!!! And that is how Ryan is starting to look now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxManBigFan said:

Not much a quarterback can do if he is sacked 9 times in a game. QBs like Ryan don’t grow on trees. One day he will be inducted into the HOF, just sayin.

Yes H.O.F no doubt!  But I just don't see us winning with him.

The NFL is gearing towards a mobile Qb on every team soon, and we must Adapt to it. I think soon, one of the biggest qualifications for a Qb will be, Agility!

NFL soon won't worry about how far you throw. ....can you miss being sacked ??

Edited by *Old Pappy Falcon*
Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize MR's three years older from the 2016 season, but I watch every game and I do not see a sudden drop in physical skill. I'll accept he's missing more throws than he would complete before, but to me that is a function of an o-line that can't run the ball or pass protect for any degree of confidence.

Ask yourself this? If Shanny came back next year with the exact same offensive personnel that the Falcons have now, how well would MR play? I think he would be a lot closer to the 2016 MR than the 2018 Eli. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Yes H.O.F no doubt!  But I just don't see us winning with him.

The NFL is gearing towards a mobile Qb on every team soon, and we must Adapt to it. I think soon, one of the biggest qualifications for a Qb will be, Agility!

NFL soon won't worry about how far you throw. ....can you miss being sacked ??

Yep. Can you extend the play. The taller the QB the less agile unless you are Cam. Seems like 6’2”  and under is the range for agility 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Yes H.O.F no doubt!  But I just don't see us winning with him.

The NFL is gearing towards a mobile Qb on every team soon, and we must Adapt to it. I think soon, one of the biggest qualifications for a Qb will be, Agility!

NFL soon won't worry about how far you throw. ....can you miss being sacked ??

Matt Ryan does go down with the smallest bit of contact, It’s kind of wild. I do believe Ryan could win us a super bowl. Lamar Jackson is ballin this year, but they will have some game tape on him next year, let’s see how he plays then. Colin Kaepernick was the same way his first year starting and had a decent decline in play the following year. So time will tell on him but man he’s fun to watch. Ryan needs an online and better play calling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AxManBigFan said:

Matt Ryan does go down with the smallest bit of contact, It’s kind of wild. I do believe Ryan could win us a super bowl. Lamar Jackson is ballin this year, but they will have some game tape on him next year, let’s see how he plays then. Colin Kaepernick was the same way his first year starting and had a decent decline in play the following year. So time will tell on him but man he’s fun to watch. Ryan needs an online and better play calling.

Everyone has tape on Ryan and if you put pressure on him he will fold quicker than a fat “B” in a lawn chair

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bart2Ryan+beyond said:

I realize MR's three years older from the 2016 season, but I watch every game and I do not see a sudden drop in physical skill. I'll accept he's missing more throws than he would complete before, but to me that is a function of an o-line that can't run the ball or pass protect for any degree of confidence.

Ask yourself this? If Shanny came back next year with the exact same offensive personnel that the Falcons have now, how well would MR play? I think he would be a lot closer to the 2016 MR than the 2018 Eli. 

Good Question! !! I can't deny that seriously!  what I'd be concerned about is his mental state after 28 to 3.

Also, his vision and timing.

I gotta say this in his credit. ..

Imagine Ryan, With Julio Jones behind Baltimore Raven's Line? Of course with the right Game plan. That would put any doubts to rest. We won't be smart enough to mimic that next season unfortunately

Edited by *Old Pappy Falcon*
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ICUH8N said:

Everyone has tape on Ryan and if you put pressure on him he will fold quicker than a fat “B” in a lawn chair

I don't have the stats on hand to back it up, but prior to this year I remember seeing a stat, whether it was posted here or on TV, about how Ryan had one of the highest QB ratings when blitzed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, virus said:

I agree. Sorry but those sacks were mostly on him.. my wife doesn't hold on to the ball for that long ..

 

We let them have dinner on our field !!! 

 

 

They are the bird in out nest !!!

 

 

And it was most Ryan !! Take J11 away and he ain't sh*** t..

 

They had dinner on our turf!!! How are you all feeling ??? 

He's playing with preseason wrs. Doesn't have Julio, Hooper, or Sanu right now. That's his/was main 3 targets

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bart2Ryan+beyond said:

I don't have the stats on hand to back it up, but prior to this year I remember seeing a stat, whether it was posted here or on TV, about how Ryan had one of the highest QB ratings when blitzed

Well that stat didn’t pass the eye test this season and Tony Dungy pointed that out tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Good Question! !! I can't deny that seriously!  what I'd be concerned about is his mental state after 28 to 3.

Also, his vision and timing.

I gotta say this in his credit. ..

Imagine Ryan, With Julio Jones behind Baltimore Raven's Line? Of course with the right Game plan. That would tell put any doubts to rest. We won't be smart enough to mimic that next season unfortunately

It's a wet dream but Ryan was one non-called face mask penalty away (the third and 22 play in the SB when they were up by 8 after the great JJ catch - pass out to the sideline to Sanu (I think) and I swear there was a facemask, but the penalty was on Matthews for holding and they're out of FG range) from being a SB Champ. And now he's an ineffective QB that  you can't win with? Maybe on this team this year. Would everyone be taking him out behind the wood shed if he was in SF now - no, not even close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ICUH8N said:

Well that stat didn’t pass the eye test this season and Tony Dungy pointed that out tonight. 

I don't deny that. His sacks tonight were a result of a guy trying to wait for someone to get open for a fraction of a second longer instead of just throwing it in the dirt. He didn't turtle, he stayed in the pocket and took a chance a play might develop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...