Matt Ryan got to go

Just now, Schwarzwald said:

Looking for relevant arguments. Your QB is middle of the pack in salary cap this year.

Why is the team losing?

No leadership,  No Freaking desire, No heart,  No accountability,  No responsibility,  No problem crippling our Defense,  No problem overpaying a few and not Paying for Defense.

I Got a 150 MILLION  more reasons

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much a quarterback can do if he is sacked 9 times in a game. QBs like Ryan don’t grow on trees. One day he will be inducted into the HOF, just sayin.

I'm not sure Lamar Jackson could be successful behind this OL

You first

8 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

The Pro Ryan trolls are at Defcon 5 in this thread

They've been waiting for ergo to get back. He'll show you how a plumped resume of HOF stats milestones and accolades will bring you success no matter what you are paid. Oh yeah and a genius OC to accompany that. Oh yeah and a top 5 OL. Oh yeah and a top 10 run game.

6 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

They've been waiting for ergo to get back. He'll show you how a plumped resume of HOF stats milestones and accolades will bring you success no matter what you are paid. Oh yeah and a genius OC to accompany that. Oh yeah and a top 5 OL. Oh yeah and a top 10 run game.

Lmao right. Dark side brother Jerz!

Yep, we're still arguing over a 150 million dollar Qb that has watched himself lose at HOME, to the poorest BACKUP Qbs in football and Giggles about it post-game.

I'm Stupid?? Well, let's don't also talk about our team letting the Giants, Packers, 49ers, Cardinals,  Eagles advancing under Ryan. Superbowl Victories 3 of them, and some with us at home Leading!!! Handedly!

13 years under him, and still plays Rookie ball with GOD Awful Ints still.

When are we going to Draft another QB?

Am I lying or A true Fan???? If I was a "troll" ......I'd be on the Aints site.

Say whatever,  however. ....but I'm ready for another Qb. Stats can't,  and will not ever win the Big One!

I speak up for fans that have seen enough! !   I feel soo bad for the oline, because they get soo much dang heat for him. If we were missing a cheerleader. ...he'd lose us the game at HOME!!!!

DRAFT A QB ARTHUR NOW!!!!

Edited by *Old Pappy Falcon*
37 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Yep, we're still arguing over a 150 million dollar Qb that has watched himself lose at HOME, to the poorest BACKUP Qbs in football and Giggles about it post-game.

I'm Stupid?? Well, let's don't also talk about our team letting the Giants, Packers, 49ers, Cardinals,  Eagles advancing under Ryan. Superbowl Victories 3 of them, and some with us at home Leading!!! Handedly!

13 years under him, and still plays Rookie ball with GOD Awful Ints still.

When are we going to Draft another QB?

Am I lying or A true Fan???? If I was a "troll" ......I'd be on the Aints site.

Say whatever,  however. ....but I'm ready for another Qb. Stats can't,  and will not ever win the Big One!

I speak up for fans that have seen enough! !   I feel soo bad for the oline, because they get soo much dang heat for him. If we were missing a cheerleader. ...he'd lose us the game at HOME!!!!

DRAFT A QB ARTHUR NOW!!!!

Nailed it Pappy. 

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Alot of the Mike Vick lovers come back out of the woodwork.

Have Lamar Jackson or Jimmy G done anything in the league yet or are some of our devoted just don’t understand or look at the situation #2 is in right now.

Gimme #2 man he’s got a body of work I’ll take that over the Johnny come lately’s.

One has 2 rings, and the other is getting one this year. 

Anyone that thinks Matt Ryan is a problem to this organization or has to go is crazy. I've seen the Falcons over the last two decades and I've seen some real ***** quarterbacks. Matt Ryan is consistent. Sure he has some faults and some bad games but enlarge he's a great quarterback. the problem is it's hard to throw passes or run a constructive offense when you're running for your life. the real problem is the offensive line

2 hours ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

You can make it harder if you like....150 million is not coaching.  It's Stupidity in the law of Physics.

You sound like a hater, playa.  QBs are going to get paid.  END OF STORY.  There was no way we were going to let M Ryan walk, especially considering he was just the MVP of the league and if we won the superbowl, would have been the SuperBowl MVP as well.  

Unless you want to start drafting qbs and taking chances, then we have to stick with M Ryan.  B/c not often will you get good qbs being available in FA when your current qb is on on the decline.  

2 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

You sound like a hater, playa.  QBs are going to get paid.  END OF STORY.  There was no way we were going to let M Ryan walk, especially considering he was just the MVP of the league and if we won the superbowl, would have been the SuperBowl MVP as well.  

Unless you want to start drafting qbs and taking chances, then we have to stick with M Ryan.  B/c not often will you get good qbs being available in FA when your current qb is on on the decline.  

What paid QB has won anything?

3 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Imagine using basic understanding of the ultimate team sport of football to defend against mob mentality.

In that case, why bother? Mindless follower of the masses won’t respond to logic. :)

I remember years ago when Tom Brady won an MVP award, he said that individual awards in football are meaningless, that you are only as good as the team around you. 

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Alot of the Mike Vick lovers come back out of the woodwork.

Have Lamar Jackson or Jimmy G done anything in the league yet or are some of our devoted just don’t understand or look at the situation #2 is in right now.

Gimme #2 man he’s got a body of work I’ll take that over the Johnny come lately’s.

I couldn’t agree more Kiwi!  The man has persevered and made the best of what has to date never been a great OL (competent in 2016 but we were blessed w good health) otherwise mediocre to pathetic.   Vick was a special individual and obv a human highlight reel but couldn’t get us to NFC Champ and Jackson hasn’t proven anything in playoffs yet (although I can see the mobility/accuracy being wave of future as bar may raise over traditional drop back passer types) but give me 3-4 more years of MR w a real  OL built to succeed in a scheme that fits our skill talent and I’d be willing to bet we’re back in thick of it.  This is assuming we solve The D issue also.  

11 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I couldn’t agree more Kiwi!  The man has persevered and made the best of what has to date never been a great OL (competent in 2016 but we were blessed w good health) otherwise mediocre to pathetic.   Vick was a special individual and obv a human highlight reel but couldn’t get us to NFC Champ and Jackson hasn’t proven anything in playoffs yet (although I can see the mobility/accuracy being wave of future as bar may raise over traditional drop back passer types) but give me 3-4 more years of MR w a real  OL built to succeed in a scheme that fits our skill talent and I’d be willing to bet we’re back in thick of it.  This is assuming we solve The D issue also.  

Falcons played Philadelphia in nfc championship game under Vick ...

On 11/28/2019 at 11:54 PM, tl;dr said:

Even then, Ryan has been FAR more successful than Vick ever was. That's not even really debatable at this point

All these nitwits that want a mobile QB again don't remember the non-touch, open field fumbles, the lack of back to back winning seasons, the constant injuries, and the QB giving the fans the finger.  I'll take the emotionless, statue in the pocket, noodle armed QB, who holds just about every franchise record imaginable at his position, over whatever you think might work.

30 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

I remember years ago when Tom Brady won an MVP award, he said that individual awards in football are meaningless, that you are only as good as the team around you. 

You're absolutely correct.  And Ryan has said as much, plenty of times.  If the Falcons had ever fielded a TEAM that was any good, then we would have had several SB rings by now, just as Brady has.  Brady would have at least one less at this point.

But we've never properly built a good TEAM.  We've been leaning on a top 5 QB's for the past 12 years.  We've had a bottom dwelling defense, and almost no running game during that time.  People have provided the stats over and over which show that Ryan has done more with less than any other QB's out there.  And yet, here we are yet again with a 17 page post about how much the guy sucks.

Knowing the competitor that Ryan is, I bet you he'd trade a lot of that money for a better defense.  But would we have built a better defense?  Would the front office or coaching have come through for us?  Probably not.  So regardless of whatever you might think of Ryan's payday, the problem with this team still lies with the management.

Having been a fan for about 30 years, and seeing how many Falcons fans hate Ryan, I kind of hope that Ryan gets cut or traded.  I hope that if he does, that he wins a couple of Super Bowls and that our team pulls a Cleveland and goes 0-32 or some crap, just to spite all of the people here who are completely clueless.  Those folks deserve the failure that's due to come.

33 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yep twice I believe, what I meant was “We couldn’t get the Championship”.  We got there but couldn’t take the next step.  

And we STILL can't take the next step. We can't break the ceiling. We've maxed out and now we're in decline mode. Oh well, I guess these next 2 years we will watch Ryan fade into obscurity.