Matt Ryan got to go

Man all the problems we have all the players and coaches who are underperforming but MR is our problem. Some of you are MR haters NO MATTER what he does. Has he been perfect, NO. Did he have an average game last night, yes. But our OL, OL Coaches, offensive gameplan was at fault too. MR has played behind some below average OL's that the FO has put together over the years. Few could have stood up to the punishment he has been subjected to. All you who are screaming for a running game- with this OL? With no big back? Freeman not as effective as he once was? Limited passing game? BUT RUN THE BALL? MR is the problem.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much a quarterback can do if he is sacked 9 times in a game. QBs like Ryan don’t grow on trees. One day he will be inducted into the HOF, just sayin.

I'm not sure Lamar Jackson could be successful behind this OL

You first

3 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

We're lucky to have Ryan consistently puts up MVP HoF numbers, who'd you trade him for? That's available? And I answer the question I would ask after: "Why isn't he playing in the NFL now?"

I mean it is a fact that Matt Ryan is in his last quarter of his career. Only question is if we want to ride him to the end or not. Obviously our next QB is not playing in the league right now.

But everyone should prepare for the day MR2 will no longer be the QB of the Falcons and it is coming no later than 3 years, with a real possibility in 2 years and a very very remote chance in 1 year (see my post above about cap implications). 

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

Lamar is special. Matt is a dinosaur and those QBs are dying out. The NFL pass rush and current defensive schemes have caught up to the Ryan's and Goffs of the world. If you are mobile enough in the pocket(Marino and Brees)to side step or step up in the pocket you are done. Granted Matt will run or TRY to buy time, but his improv skills suck and when a play breaks down it's usually a sack,incompletion,or he fumbles. Matt is clumsy.

I agree his pocket presence isn’t all there, but the dude has no time to throw. He doesn’t help himself by any means, but you make it sound so easy just to “step up” or “side step” the pressure whenever McGary isn’t even getting a hand on Jordan. I admit he’s not exactly nimble and is uncoordinated, but to think Brees or any other QB besides Lamar could’ve avoided more than half of those sacks is just silly. 

I’m more concerned about his arm strength and accuracy than his ability to dodge 3 guys in the pocket after a 3 step drop. 

11 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Statue that cant run and can't help his offensive line. The defense can maul the receivers and blitz at will.  He can't throw on the run even if he can get out of the pocket. Time to move on and draft a replacement...

I've been saying that all year long... only to be shouted down by the homers and apologists in here that …"Ryan is a Hall of Famer..."  As if that has anything to do with current state of his ineffectiveness. 

5 hours ago, caponine said:

Ryan is not really that good tbh , this team tried to make him into something he is not. A brees / Brady type of QB where he airs it out alot. He is not that kind of QB AT ALL. He plays best when the run is working and they play action off of it. After the 2010 playoffs , they wanted to become a passing team and ironically the two years that they got the farthest 2012 and 2016 they had a great running game 

The post of the thread. Very good post. What makes Baltimore's offense very good is the same thing, the running game and the threat of the running game when Lamar has the ball.  Defenses can't play man against a running offense.  Wade Phillips is still one of the best coaches in the game.  He had to play a lot of zone against Baltimore which let Baltimore's receivers run up the seams.

With the Falcons, defenses can dictate to the Falcons offense because there is no running game from either the running backs or quarterback.  You see this especially in red zone and third downs.  They can do whatever they want. 

Edited by Spts1
2 hours ago, caponine said:

Ryan is not really that good tbh , this team tried to make him into something he is not. A brees / Brady type of QB where he airs it out alot. He is not that kind of QB AT ALL. He plays best when the run is working and they play action off of it. After the 2010 playoffs , they wanted to become a passing team and ironically the two years that they got the farthest 2012 and 2016 they had a great running game 

If Brady or Brees were sacked 9 times, and pressured 35 times, they wouldn't throw for 300 yards. Brady is more a statue than Ryan is, and he rarely gets hit.  Is that because of Brady??? I don't think so. It helps to have a line that isn't as weak as a wet paper bag...

10 hours ago, ICUH8N said:

Everyone has tape on Ryan and if you put pressure on him he will fold quicker than a fat “B” in a lawn chair

This is complete garbage! If you want to say Ryan has regressed, you may have a point, but the dude is tougher than nails. He also did a lot yesterday considering he was sacked 9 times and pressured 35. 

3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

This is complete garbage! If you want to say Ryan has regressed, you may have a point, but the dude is tougher than nails. He also did a lot yesterday considering he was sacked 9 times and pressured 35. 

Oh okay...he used to be. 

Edited by ICUH8N

Things I’d fix before getting a new QB:

-Get a better head coach.

-Get a better offensive coordinator.

-Get a better running game.

-Get a better defense. 

-Get a better offensive line.

It’s no coincidence most SB teams are top 10 in defense and top 10 in rushing offense. Ryan has never been the type to put the team on his back and carry us. But if we get him help, he can take us there. If Dilfer and Foles can win a SB, Ryan can too.

11 hours ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

GRONK could never ever equate to a GonZo career. He is the only one on a chiefs team that made them relevant for years !!!! You need to reexamine your football history

The difference is that Gonzo was long in the tooth by the time Ryan got him.  Still good, but not the same player he was with the Chiefs.  Brady had the best of Gronk...

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

2012 was a great running team now? Troll harder 

Our running game was surprisingly ranked down in the late 20's that year, maybe 27th, 28th, or 29th, I don't remember correctly. It's crazy how that 2012 team was a run game away from being 19-0. Anyways, gotta get used to your new avatar hee hee. 

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

The post of the thread. Very good post. What makes Baltimore's offense very good is the same thing, the running game and the threat of tbe running game when Lamar has the ball.  Defenses can't play man against a running offense.  Wade Phillips is still one of the best coaches in the game.  He had to play a lot of zone against Baltimore which let Baltimore's receivers run up the seams.

With the Falcons, defenses can dictate to the Falcons offense because there is no running game from either the running backs or quarterback.  You see this especially in red zone and third downs.  They can do whatever they want. 

Facts !! Board kind overhyped him tbh. He isnt really that special. Everything needs to be elite around him for him to win 

10 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Gage is good. Blake is good. Ridley is good. Graham is good. Get it done Mr. HOF QB.

It's actually their job to get open. It's Koetters job to scheme them open (not something he does), the o-lines job to block. When everyone does their jobs that's when a QB has a good game. Name a QB that's ever had a good game after 9 sacks.

The fact Ryan gets blamed for this **** show absolutely amazes me.

4 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

I get it .. but stop acting like Matt can’t be replaced and that all the college QBs will be busts it’s a new era and Matt is now creeping into that old veteran stage i say next year needs to be a make or break for Ryan no matter who the coach is if you we don’t have a successful season let the new coach draft his qb he can sit for one more year then we move off Ryan 

Matt can be replaced just not right now.I know exactly what Matt can do with decent OC.Thats all he needs a decent one of those so when the replace Matt Ryan crowd come out and say this and that they completely don’t present all the facts just see what they want to see.