Spts1

Matt Ryan got to go

555 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Yeah they really came out of the woodwork tonight. 

Ryan had a bad game, no doubt.  But he’s also a guy that has 50,000 career yards, an MVP, and five career missed starts in 11 seasons playing for this franchise.   Forget Canton, the man deserves a national monument when he retires

All that is moot man. 
R

i

n

g.       Is what counts!!

As crappy as Doug Williams was at least he has a ring.

Flying Falcon likes this

Like I said, if this was about any other player, the homers will have their pitchforks out. Pull up the Julio thread and see all who wanted to run Julio out of town. Pull up Grady thread and see all the homers that wanted to trade Grady. Let any other player have consecutive bad games for years and see how they bring out the barnfires ready to burn the "witches" at the stake. 

BUT OH NO!!!!!!!!! Not Matt Ryan!!!!! It's not the Golden Boy's fault for nothing.

2 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

New QB. New Coach. New GM.

2 of those are a lot easier to accomplish than the new QB. I'm not sure what QB we could get that could make us better RIGHT NOW. I wouldn't mind drafting a Jalen Hurts type guy (my Alabama side has a deep love for Jalen), but I don't think he makes us better this second. A new coach and a new GM are much easier to accomplish. And honestly, the GM shouldn't have lasted this long...

1 minute ago, zekeyboy1 said:

Cant believe TD still has a job..

Bruh I can’t believe most of them have jobs!!! Grady Jarrett is a mutha .......:()& keeper though!!

2 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

All that is moot man. 
R

i

n

The sad thing is, we all know that Matt would still get bagged on even if he was to win a SB before he retires. 

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Like I said, if this was about any other player, the homers will have their pitchforks out. Pull up the Julio thread and see all who wanted to run Julio out of town. Pull up Grady thread and see all the homers that wanted to trade Grady. Let any other player have consecutive bad games for years and see how they bring out the barnfires ready to burn the "witches" at the stake. 

BUT OH NO!!!!!!!!! Not Matt Ryan!!!!! It's not the Golden Boy's fault for nothing.

To be fair, I'm not just on the Ryan wagon lol. I'm on the Grady and Julio wagons too... 

Say what you want, but at least I'm consistent... lol

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

And still good enough to win a title. The Rams made a Super Bowl with Goff. The Broncos won with a hobbled Peyton Manning. The Eagles won with Nick Foles.

Ryan is good enough to win, but there is not a QB out there that could win in our current situation. 

Those teams had defenses. We don’t have anything close to that. Shanny knew how to use the offense to help offset the subpar defense 21st in the league that year I believe. These last few games the defense started to show some flashes after the change but Matt is not going anywhere unless he takes a pay cut with a competent GM and OC to get the pieces that will get him back to post season form whether it be offense or defense.

Edited by ICUH8N

7 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

That's what I keep saying. I do not hate the man or the player. We're simply giving our opinion of him as a QB. 

Funny thing is, the same criticism he faces now is the same he faced at BC. That is the whole thing about this. The ones hollering "Ryan haters" don't realize it's the same critique he faced at the college-level and when he came into the league.

Bingo.  Ryan came into the league with a questionable arm and a high interception rate...

Flying Falcon and Halcon-1 like this

14 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

To be fair, I'm not just on the Ryan wagon lol. I'm on the Grady and Julio wagons too... 

Say what you want, but at least I'm consistent... lol

You're one of the few. The homers are on 1 wagon. And that is Ryan's. They don't even ride the Falcons wagon as hard as they ride Ryan's wagon.

Spts1, Halcon-1, tl;dr and 1 other like this

Just now, ICUH8N said:

Those teams had defenses. We don’t have anything close to that. Shanny knew how to use the offense to help offside the subpar defense 21st in the league that year I believe. These last few games the defense started to show some flashes after the change but Matt is not going anywhere unless he takes a pay cut with a competent GM and OC to get the pieces that will get him back to post season form whether it be offense or defense.

I really wish we could go back in time and keep Shanahan as HC over DQ. That would have never happened, but a man can dream. 

ICUH8N likes this

40 minutes ago, virus said:

I agree. Sorry but those sacks were mostly on him.. my wife doesn't hold on to the ball for that long ..

We let them have dinner on our field !!! 

They are the bird in out nest !!!

And it was most Ryan !! Take J11 away and he ain't sh*** t..

They had dinner on our turf!!! How are you all feeling ??? 

Didnt have julio when he first got to the league and was winning with out him??? Before you say well he had White84 well he made harry Douglas a 1,000 yard receiver... you want to get a POCKET PASSER back winning?? BLOCK!! Help him with a running back.... been making Hooper look pretty good too.... 

Faithful Falcon likes this

46 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Vick had lines like this. He didn't drop back and wait on the sacks. Lamar wouldn't either...

Vick was sacks just as much. Do me a favor and study the game a little more. Then come back and describe the term "Wait on the sacks".

AllStarHandyMan likes this

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

You're one of the few. The homers are on 1 wagon. And that is Ryan's. They don't even ride the Falcons wagon as hard as they ride Ryan's wagon.

Hey, I love a lot of our players.

Now I'm not a fan of Tru, Vic, or Matthews... 

6 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

All that is moot man. 
R

i

n

And Williams had a defense that held its 25 point lead in the Super Bowl.  

Ryan had a 144 rating in that game.  He earned that ring but Quinn and Shanahan yanked it off his hand

So we're Homers and you're Homo.

51 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Statue that cant run and can't help his offensive line. The defense can maul the receivers and blitz at will.  He can't throw on the run even if he can get out of the pocket. Time to move on and draft a replacement...

Dam right! And I support the half sided brothers on this! Haven't we seen enough fans?

Maybe all Matt Ryan threads should be moved to anything but logic.

Which makes me think some of these folks became fans when Ryan arrived here just like when Vick got here.  . . no harm no foul but have some emotional intelligence about it. If Ryan leaves, they're gone, too.

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, Halcon-1 said:

Which makes me think some of these folks became fans when Ryan arrived here just like when Vick got here.  . . no harm no foul but have some emotional intelligence about it. If Ryan leaves, they're gone, too.

I don't like any fans like that. I've saved my Vick jersey from my childhood and have a Ryan one too. Don't care at all about who the players are, it's about ATLANTA. 

13 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

And that's why I want Ryan gone too. Because he's bad for this team now, his contract, and some of these nuts will leave with him.

Halcon-1 likes this

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Vick was sacks just as much. Do me a favor and study the game a little more. Then come back and describe the term "Wait on the sacks".

Dont forget never passed for 3000 yards.... more losing seasons the winning once... didnt make anyone around him better... wasnt very accurate.... but had a great arm.. but could hit anyone

Faithful Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Vick got his leg broken getting sacked in a preseason game.  But can’t let things like facts get in the way

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

The sad thing is, we all know that Matt would still get bagged on even if he was to win a SB before he retires. 

He might. He has had enough chances and it’s not happening with MR2.  The truth is and I was a pretty big Bartkowski fan, Ryan is the best quarterback Atlanta has ever had. But Ryan is not great. Never will be.