Spts1

Matt Ryan got to go

555 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

There are Falcons fan (like a lot in this thread), who hate Matt Ryan more than they love the Falcons. The Falcons could win the Super Bowl with Ryan, but it would still some how be about how Ryan is trash. 

NObody hates matt Ryan. lol

Jerz #Quinning and ShadyRef like this

Just now, SoldMySoul said:

I have never hated Ryan, but I face the facts... He was a good quarterback and his age caught up with him faster than other quarterbacks. Sad really. I talk to people like myself no longer living in Atlanta and they want Ryan gone. But haters, but honest fans. 

I do agree that Ryan isn't as good as he used to be. My issue comes with the fact that people are constantly blaming Ryan for everything and forgetting that he has been set up for failure. An overrated RB, a horrific OL, a meh defense, and a GM that would draft Vernon Gholston over Khalil Mack. 

14 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

I have never hated Ryan, but I face the facts... He was a good quarterback and his age caught up with him faster than other quarterbacks. Sad really. I talk to people like myself no longer living in Atlanta and they want Ryan gone. But haters, but honest fans. 

Anyone that tells the truth about Ryan HAS to be a hater. LOL!!!!! Naw, we just see things that homers don't. Ryan is not our future anymore. We need a new QB to lead us into the future.

21 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Supposedly TD draft picks were going to solve our offensive line problems.  Well we have no offensive line improvment  to show for those 2 first round draft picks.  What if one of those picks had been used on a defensive stopper?

Hed probably suck too, because TD/suck..THey got lucky with Grady...THey were there to see Beasley. lol. 

2 minutes ago, virus said:

My stance is ..I love the falcons.. I've never liked MR2.. sorry I just don't..he has a weak arm, he taps the ball , never looks off a defensive player, can't throw deep and has inflated numbers due to..

White84, Gonzo, Julio.. and a great OC ..

Do I think he sucks ?? Not all the time.. tonight.. YES !! He suuuckkkkeed..

Would I trade him ? Yes , but only for a 1/4 of the QBs out there.. he's above average ..just not the God some people claim him to be .

A man entitled to his opinion. The homers will be on ya for it though. I hope in the future they can get a solid quarterback.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, virus said:

My stance is ..I love the falcons.. I've never liked MR2.. sorry I just don't..he has a weak arm, he taps the ball , never looks off a defensive player, can't throw deep and has inflated numbers due to..

White84, Gonzo, Julio.. and a great OC ..

Do I think he sucks ?? Not all the time.. tonight.. YES !! He suuuckkkkeed..

Would I trade him ? Yes , but only for a 1/4 of the QBs out there.. he's above average ..just not the God some people claim him to be .

I can agree with the last few bits of it. If we could get like a Watson, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc., well then yeah... I would dump Ryan for them. But the issue is that those guys don't grow on trees. We can win a title with Matt Ryan. You saw in 2016 (we should have won). 

11 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

You guys are sad. You all like each other's posts. Like really?! Lol Troll it up nerds. Troll it up✌❤

Yes, I'm very sad.. you should be also.. our team got it's *** kicked..and the saints literally ate Thanksgiving dinner on our turf...

How are you not pissed and claim to be an Atlanta fan ?

Sorry bro.. Ryan lost that game tonight. Can't argue that..

Edited by virus
savannahfalcon912 likes this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

I do agree that Ryan isn't as good as he used to be. My issue comes with the fact that people are constantly blaming Ryan for everything and forgetting that he has been set up for failure. An overrated RB, a horrific OL, a meh defense, and a GM that would draft Vernon Gholston over Khalil Mack. 

Why complain about the foundation of the house when you can complain about the color? /s

14 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Anyone that tells the truth about Ryan HAS to be a hater. LOL!!!!! Naw, we just see things that homers don't. Ryan is not our future anymore. We need a new QB to lead us into the future.

But Ryan's contract is hogtying us from finding that QB of the future. So, Ryan needs to be fired.

savannahfalcon912 likes this

Just now, Flying Falcon said:

Honesty hurts more than lies. Ryan is not Atlanta’s answer. They should be trying to figure out how to lessen his rotten contract. He is not worth it!

I can agree with the last few bits of it. If we could get like a Watson, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc., well then yeah... I would dump Ryan for them. But the issue is that those guys don't grow on trees. We can win a title with Matt Ryan. You saw in 2016 (we should have won). 

Matt is 3 yrs older now man..

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

We will get a new QB and still not be anything. The issues go waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond Matt Ryan. 

16 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Go cheer for the Browns please

I don't baby my kids.
I'm not going to baby a **** football team that's playing below sub-par. 
No one here is going to change teams. We are going to demand Better.

Don't makes excuses for the QB who had 3 turnovers and a blown read to a wipe open Ridley on the goaline.
Half of these sacks were on him. He simply will not pull the trigger. 
The guys covering the game pointed this out multiple times on multiple drives. Poor decisions, late throws.

****, on one play he threw a pass for negative 7 yards.

3 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

NObody hates matt Ryan. lol

That's what I keep saying. I do not hate the man or the player. We're simply giving our opinion of him as a QB. 

Funny thing is, the same criticism he faces now is the same he faced at BC. That is the whole thing about this. The ones hollering "Ryan haters" don't realize it's the same critique he faced at the college-level and when he came into the league.

9 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

There are Falcons fan (like a lot in this thread), who hate Matt Ryan more than they love the Falcons. The Falcons could win the Super Bowl with Ryan, but it would still some how be about how Ryan is trash. 

Yeah they really came out of the woodwork tonight. 

Ryan had a bad game, no doubt.  But he’s also a guy that has 50,000 career yards, an MVP, and five career missed starts in 11 seasons playing for this franchise.   Forget Canton, the man deserves a national monument when he retires

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

1 minute ago, zekeyboy1 said:

Matt is 3 yrs older now man..

And still good enough to win a title. The Rams made a Super Bowl with Goff. The Broncos won with a hobbled Peyton Manning. The Eagles won with Nick Foles.

Ryan is good enough to win, but there is not a QB out there that could win in our current situation. 

We will get a new QB and still not be anything. The issues go waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond Matt Ryan. 

Sadly there is truth to this. Won’t lie. We suck everywhere!!! 

PokerSteve likes this

On my way out of this nonsense thread, I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out the very real element of race that plays into the irrational hatred of Ryan. Not everybody, of course, but it’s undeniable in a fair number of these people. 

I want to agree with this..I'm just not sure we can win with Ryan under this staff, and by the time a new staff got their ish in order he would be too old.. that's my point..get a young QB under him and start grooming..

tl;dr likes this

1 minute ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Yeah they really came out of the woodwork tonight. 

Ryan had a bad game, no doubt.  But he’s also a guy that has 50,000 career yards, an MVP, and five career missed starts in 11 seasons playing for this franchise.   Forget Canton, the man deserves a national monument when he retires

We just have a lot of fans that have never liked Ryan. He isn't Peyton, Rodgers, or one of those guys, but he isn't this "trash" everyone claims. I would like to know of one QB that could step into our situation and immediately make us contenders. 

ShadyRef likes this