Spts1

Matt Ryan got to go

555 posts in this topic

Just now, savannahfalcon912 said:

Ryan couldn't win with Roddy, Julio, GonZO, etc... and on and on and on....etc....

buy brady wins with a lot less talent. Explain this Ryan lovers.

This is the dumbest narrative out there. Tom Brady has been surrounded by elite defenses, elite coaching, pretty much the same OC the majority of his career, great OL's, solid RB's, arguably the best TE of all time, many great WR's (Moss, Welker, Edelman to name a few), and he has had so many lucky breaks.

Tom Brady has more help than anyone in the league. Let's stop this BS that he wins with a lot less talent. You give the Falcons that defense, and that OL, and I can guarantee you our results would look a lot better. 

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

It's pretty simple then. If you want to go pull for a team with a young exciting QB, go pull for another team then. 

I hate when dumb people say this sh%t.. like do you divorce your wife because she messed up dinner ?

Real fans are allowed to not like Every player on the team.. especially when that player is why we lost...alot of games... Sorry..truth hurts Hu ??

14 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

I watched the Buffalo game. They running option plays with Josh Allen. Allen ran thru the Dallas defense. It opens up the Bills passing game. Teams are moving away from statues...

By the time we move on from Statue Matt Ryan, the league will have moved on to another type of QB.

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

I watched the Buffalo game. They running option plays with Josh Allen. Allen ran thru the Dallas defense. It opens up the Bills passing game. Teams are moving away from statues...

Err... I'm not sure Josh Allen is the guy you want to build your case around.

Geneaut and Halcon-1 like this

Just now, tl;dr said:

This is the dumbest narrative out there. Tom Brady has been surrounded by elite defenses, elite coaching, pretty much the same OC the majority of his career, great OL's, solid RB's, arguably the best TE of all time, many great WR's (Moss, Welker, Edelman to name a few), and he has had so many lucky breaks.

Tom Brady has more help than anyone in the league. Let's stop this BS that he wins with a lot less talent. You give the Falcons that defense, and that OL, and I can guarantee you our results would look a lot better. 

DUDE you are obviously delusional.

I only agree with you on the coaching aspect. GonZO was way way way better than Gronk etc...

Give Brady julio, GonZo what will happen/?

20 minutes ago, caponine said:

Agreed , please replace him with an athlete. Get Hurts or Trevor Lawrence 

19 minutes ago, virus said:

Oh lordy lordy let's insult sir Ryan who has done.... Oh that's right nothing for us..

Don't give me that he got us championships Bs.. that Julio and great OC..

Stop being so passive..

18 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Ryan is the worst thing for this franchise. The sorriest QB to date, but just good enough to make simple minded fans think he's good for this franchise.

You guys are sad. You all like each other's posts. Like really?! Lol Troll it up nerds. Troll it up✌❤

Edited by Shagpill 2.0

3 minutes ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

Ryan couldn't win with Roddy, Julio, GonZO, etc... and on and on and on....etc....

buy brady wins with a lot less talent. Explain this Ryan lovers.

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Belichick. 

*drops mic 

Beat me to it.  He answered his own question.  Nailed it 21.

Atlantafan21 and Geneaut like this

1 minute ago, virus said:

I hate when dumb people say this sh%t.. like do you divorce your wife because she messed up dinner ?

Real fans are allowed to not like Every player on the team.. especially when that player is why we lost...alot of games... Sorry..truth hurts Hu ??

There are Falcons fan (like a lot in this thread), who hate Matt Ryan more than they love the Falcons. The Falcons could win the Super Bowl with Ryan, but it would still some how be about how Ryan is trash. 

6 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Supposedly TD draft picks were going to solve our offensive line problems.  Well we have no offensive line improvment  to show for those 2 first round draft picks.  What if one of those picks had been used on a defensive stopper?

they really nutted on the top of that draft, when they missed out on wilkerson, I couldn't be mad at them for going after the so called best guard in the draft but you give up 2 draft picks to get a tackle b/c he is supposedto be tough, you had plenty of strong tough texas linemen at the end of that draft, we could have really solidified our defensive debt with those picks.

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Brady has the best FO, the best coaching, some of the best rosters, etc..

It's more than players. The organization makes the QB. I'm very harsh on Ryan, but the idea that Brady is just this invincible QB that has powered through adversity is ridiculous. He plays for the best sports franchise of all-time. He's great, yes, but let's not act like he's had to overcome bad coaching or a bad GM. Patriots are the cream of the crop.

To say pull for another team is weak. It’s even worse to use to try and prove a point. Many fans and myself included have been fans for years. I was born and raised in Atlanta and been a fan since 1978. It’s hard this far in the game to root for another team. I am not disloyal, but I am honest. Matt Ryan is not the Falcons only problem.  But indeed he is a problem. He looks like garbage and his footwork has gotten worse. His decision making is not of a back with his experience. Arm strength weak. AB’s ROI in Ryan is not that there. Homers and haters. I am neither... just a disappointed fan of over 40 years.

Halcon-1, sappy1, ICUH8N and 3 others like this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

And he’s never once had to face a single viable QB in his division his entire career. Seldom has he faced any of them with a +.500 record. If he was in the AFC north, or nfc south all these years, I’d bet large sums of money, his record would be much different. 

1 minute ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

I only agree with you on the coaching aspect. GonZO was way way way better than Gronk etc...

Pats didn't do anything with Moss, welker was a product of the system, did nothing in miami. Edeleman really, another product of the system

Just now, savannahfalcon912 said:

If you think Ryan has had better defenses and OL's than Brady, I'm not sure I have anything else to say to you.

Tom Brady is an overrated system QB who has been surrounded by weapons his entire career yet no one wants to say it. The dude had Randy frickin Moss on his team at one point. And I'm sorry, but if you think Gonzo is that much above Gronk… you need to watch more Gronk highlights. When he was healthy, there was not a bigger mismatch in football. 

thanat0s and Geneaut like this

1 minute ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

Pats didn't do anything with Moss, welker was a product of the system, did nothing in miami. Edeleman really, another product of the system

How did Welker do in Denver? Pretty good if I remember correctly. 

2 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

To say pull for another team is weak. It’s even worse to use to try and prove a point. Many fans and myself included have been fans for years. I was born and raised in Atlanta and been a fan since 1978. It’s hard this far in the game to root for another team. I am not disloyal, but I am honest. Matt Ryan is not the Falcons only problem.  But indeed he is a problem. He looks like garbage and his footwork has gotten worse. His decision making is not of a back with his experience. Arm strength weak. AB’s ROI in Ryan is not that there. Homers and haters. I am neither... just a disappointed fan of over 40 years.

The issue is more about the fact that many of our fans hate Ryan more than they love the Falcons. 

thanat0s and SoldMySoul like this

14 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Bruh, the REAL Matt Ryan left when Smitty left. Shanahan helped him rediscover the magic for 2 years, but then we got stuck with the Stat King after Shanahan left.

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If you think Ryan has had better defenses and OL's than Brady, I'm not sure I have anything else to say to you.

Tom Brady is an overrated system QB who has been surrounded by weapons his entire career yet no one wants to say it. The dude had Randy frickin Moss on his team at one point. And I'm sorry, but if you think Gonzo is that much above Gronk… you need to watch more Gronk highlights. When he was healthy, there was not a bigger mismatch in football. 

GRONK could never ever equate to a GonZo career. He is the only one on a chiefs team that made them relevant for years !!!! You need to reexamine your football history

Just now, tl;dr said:

The issue is more about the fact that many of our fans hate Ryan more than they love the Falcons. 

I have never hated Ryan, but I face the facts... He was a good quarterback and his age caught up with him faster than other quarterbacks. Sad really. I talk to people like myself no longer living in Atlanta and they want Ryan gone. But haters, but honest fans. 

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

There are Falcons fan (like a lot in this thread), who hate Matt Ryan more than they love the Falcons. The Falcons could win the Super Bowl with Ryan, but it would still some how be about how Ryan is trash. 

My stance is ..I love the falcons.. I've never liked MR2.. sorry I just don't..he has a weak arm, he taps the ball , never looks off a defensive player, can't throw deep and has inflated numbers due to..

White84, Gonzo, Julio.. and a great OC ..

Do I think he sucks ?? Not all the time.. tonight.. YES !! He suuuckkkkeed..

Would I trade him ? Yes , but only for a 1/4 of the QBs out there.. he's above average ..just not the God some people claim him to be .