Spts1

Matt Ryan got to go

555 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

This is categorically false. Was the pocket perfect in 2016 when he had one of the best season by a QB ever? If the pocket was perfect how come he got sacked at the second-highest rate of his career that season? (only this year has been worse)

Do you really think that season was one of the best ever for a QB? 

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

This is categorically false. Was the pocket perfect in 2016 when he had one of the best season by a QB ever? If the pocket was perfect how come he got sacked at the second-highest rate of his career that season? (only this year has been worse)

Not worth it with this clown.  He doesn't want to hear it.  Most of these people don't.  They really make me sad to share a fandom with them.

3 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

It was by every single statistical measure that exists.

Fifth highest QBR in history. Highest YPA by a QB with 400+ attempts.in the history of the NFL. 15th all time in total yards, 21st in TDs. Offense was 6th most effective offense in the history of the NFL. I believe his QBR+ (which compares QBR to the average QBRs of that season) was top 5 all time as well. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
athell and Geneaut like this

2 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

It was a historically great season lol...how could anyone not?  Oh wait...you all drink the cleaning solutions under the sink that your parents told you not to.

ChickenBiscuit likes this

18 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

Teams know that but they also know his arm is gassed and he is a statue in the pocket. Teams play us knowing what they want to do to us. Shut down the running game. Kill any play-action chances. Force Matt Ryan to beat you with his legs and arm and make the game hard for him. Teams do the same to Brady but Brady has a ballerina's feet, Ryan has two left feet. 

Isn't it the OC's responsibility to make adjustments to what the defense is doing?  Teams have been putting eight or more in the box and blitzing with zero adjustments from Koetter (move the pocket, quick slants, screens, TE up the hashes (only seen once by Graham and was successful), etc.).  It is what is it at this point in the season.  I'm just tired of TD & DQ leading this team, between the bad player selections and multiple coaching hires that haven't fixed anything.

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I hate when folks assume that because one guy is exceptional that all other guys coming out will be as well. 

Lamar is what I hoped Vick would have been. A consistent passer that forced defenses to play vanilla due to his ability to take it to the house on any play. It was so frustrating watching a guy you knew only had to be decent at passing to be unstoppable but he refused to do so!

I always felt Lamar was a better QB than Vick. When I watched him at Louisville, I was saying Jackson is a superior QB to Vick. That said, there is nothing like Michael. He could make every big-time throw effortlessly. He had one of the best arms ever while being the most elusive and quickest of all players. He seemed like a video game. His 7 step drops felt like other QB's three-step drops. His hop step was lethal, one of the best to that move with Deion Sanders. Vick was a better athlete and talent to me but Jackson is a superior QB. That's not Mike's fault but Lamar been getting high-level QB training since middle school. Vick was moved to another position when he came to VT. The first play got hurt and looked weak and they moved him back to QB. 

He left spring training as the #2 QB and after summer workouts, they named him the starter. They were ranked #34 coming into that season. I was a football almanac. I used to watch so many teams and I knew about all the programs at that time. 

Vick was different, I remember watching his first game and I never have seen someone so fast, then throws the ball so hard, and just is always moving the chains. Vick couldn't game manage for **** but his legs could always get him the 1st down. Best acceleration I've seen from a QB along with rookie RG3.  Vick was different. Like a weak Barry Sanders at QB with a rocket arm. 

4 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

How many times have you seen Tua? I have seen most of his games. He is the best QB in this class and the best QB in the last four classes out of college. Best QB in the last two seasons with a clean pocket. He was the best QB last year under pressure and set QBR records. 

I would lying if I said I have seen a bunch of his games. The handful of times I watched I wasn’t overwhelmed. Let’s put that aside a moment. My biggest concern is his injuries. We already have gone through injuries with players and their return they were not the same. Also I am thinking Ryan is off because he is tired of being hit so many times/ might have something wrong with him. If Tua wasn’t injured I might give him a better look.

Top Draft Pick likes this

On 11/28/2019 at 11:48 PM, Mr.Blank said:

O-line playing like garbage, no running game again, no Julio or Hooper, Sanu is long gone. The man can't do it all by himself. Yeah, he could have thrown the ball away to avoid a couple of those sacks but that shows our receivers weren't getting open...

Blank, and who's fault is that? no running game? Don't blame everything on receivers and oline. It's not fair. How many times have we witnessed Ryan throwing into triple coverage?

3 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Isn't it the OC's responsibility to make adjustments to what the defense is doing?  Teams have been putting eight or more in the box and blitzing with zero adjustments from Koetter (move the pocket, quick slants, screens, TE up the hashes (only seen once by Graham and was successful), etc.).  It is what is it at this point in the season.  I'm just tired of TD & DQ leading this team, between the bad player selections and multiple coaching hires that haven't fixed anything.

I really don't think the personnel is here. 

The OL tends to be pass blockers than run blockers. If you have so many pass blockers in the modern NFL, you better have guys like Mahomes or Brees who can make them look great. That's why Andrew Thomas is special to me. His run blocking is tremendous even if his pass blocking needs work. 

They need a bruising back who has the ability to hit a home run. Freeman was fine in the WCO under Shanny because Mack was elite on both run/pass block but once the line play dipped, so did the running game. A bruiser can run despite a bad OC. Consistency in the OL is an issue all teams eventually face. Remember the elite OL the Giants had with Eli and literally in two years, they turned into crud. An OL shelve life is just too short in this league.

Playcalling can only do so much. Players play. You gotta play around someone's strengths and weaknesses. I think the issue I see is many Matt Ryan fans don't want to accept it's over for Ryan. He lacks too much to be a super bowl QB at his point. That said, things could be much better than 3-whatever, I agree. 

7 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

I would lying if I said I have seen a bunch of his games. The handful of times I watched I wasn’t overwhelmed. Let’s put that aside a moment. My biggest concern is his injuries. We already have gone through injuries with players and their return they were not the same. Also I am thinking Ryan is off because he is tired of being hit so many times/ might have something wrong with him. If Tua wasn’t injured I might give him a better look.

When you said Tua was going to be bust or disappointment, I knew right there you just haven't seen many games of his. Maybe two or three and my guess is it's the UGA/Bama game. Clemson/Bama game and the recent LSU/Bama game. Three games that didn't show Tua in a good light at all if you are talking generational QB prospects or #1 overall pick level QB's.  

17 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It was by every single statistical measure that exists

It's in the top 10 so I can see your point. I watched every game. I didn't really feel that way. I've seen a number of seasons by Peyton that I felt could make the top 10 that didn't. But you are right, it's in the top 10 statistically. 

Athlon considers it a top 10 season: https://athlonsports.com/nfl/10-greatest-quarterback-seasons-nfl-history

Edited by Top Draft Pick

17 minutes ago, athell said:

Oh wait...you all drink the cleaning solutions under the sink that your parents told you not to.

Why do you feel the need to insult me personally? Did I attack you? 

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

1 hour ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

The ‘new era’ has been arriving ever since Elway and Cunningham.  And it arrived again when McNabb came along.  And Vick.  And Vince Young.  And Cam, and Mariotta, and Winston.   Now it’s Mahomes, Jackson, etc.

And yet pocket passing statues keep winning Super Bowls.  

It was never going to happen overnight. You have standouts that walked before them so they could run no pun intended. If you can’t see the trend of QB’s that are already having success or considered top prospects you are blind. 

What stiff pocket passers after Wilson have had any notable success in this league? 

When Brady retires its over.

39 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

I always felt Lamar was a better QB than Vick. When I watched him at Louisville, I was saying Jackson is a superior QB to Vick. That said, there is nothing like Michael. He could make every big-time throw effortlessly. He had one of the best arms ever while being the most elusive and quickest of all players. He seemed like a video game. His 7 step drops felt like other QB's three-step drops. His hop step was lethal, one of the best to that move with Deion Sanders. Vick was a better athlete and talent to me but Jackson is a superior QB. That's not Mike's fault but Lamar been getting high-level QB training since middle school. Vick was moved to another position when he came to VT. The first play got hurt and looked weak and they moved him back to QB. 

He left spring training as the #2 QB and after summer workouts, they named him the starter. They were ranked #34 coming into that season. I was a football almanac. I used to watch so many teams and I knew about all the programs at that time. 

Vick was different, I remember watching his first game and I never have seen someone so fast, then throws the ball so hard, and just is always moving the chains. Vick couldn't game manage for **** but his legs could always get him the 1st down. Best acceleration I've seen from a QB along with rookie RG3.  Vick was different. Like a weak Barry Sanders at QB with a rocket arm. 

The only thing I disagree with is I think it IS Vick’s fault that Lamar is better. 

Also, Defenses are faster now than they were in Vick’s era so his speed stood out more. I doubt he would be AS BIG a game charger in todays NFL as he was when he played.

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

1 hour ago, Top Draft Pick said:

That's the wrong gameplan for Matt Ryan and has always been the wrong gameplan. 

I've said years ago, maybe 10 years ago that how you use Ryan is: 

Get a great bruiser back who can run 20-25 times a game. Michael Turner was perfect in this. Turner was the king of 2, 2, 3, 5, 2, 50 yards but it worked. Defenses stacked the box. 

Get two elite weapons on the outside or inside. Roddy wasn't enough but Roddy and Tony were. Roddy and Julio were. Now Julio and Ridley have the potential to be. 

You gotta have a great RUN blocking OL with Ryan. Ryan isn't a slinger, getting guys who are better at pass protection will only hurt those guys with Ryan. Remember, Ryan is just a game manager. He doesn't make plays, extend plays with his feet or legs, or really throw on the run all that well. The running game is just a lot more critical. 

You do that, you should win at least 8 games with Ryan even now. But using him as a modern QB just doesn't work. 

I deleted the nonsense you posted. It's trash and honestly, it's expected from guys like you who lack class. 

I know you’re not calling Ergos a trash/low  class poster.  Are you?  Cause he isn’t...not even a little

athell and Francis York Morgan like this

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Cause he is a statue...

47 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

Why do you feel the need to insult me personally? Did I attack you? 

Yes.  Your posts are attacking my, and others, intelligence.

26 minutes ago, athell said:

Yes.  Your posts are attacking my, and others, intelligence.

This is another character attack. Just because you have one perceptive and I have another doesn't give you the right to attack me personally. 

Just now, Top Draft Pick said:

This is another character attack. Just because you have one perceptive and I have another doesn't give you the right to attack me personally. 

Lol if you think this is a personal or character attack...hahahahaaaaaaa...soft as your takes

40 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I know you’re not calling Ergos a trash/low  class poster.  Are you?  Cause he isn’t...not even a little

I've never called anyone a trash poster. I said he and those like him lacks class. When you have to add low blows in your comments to another poster, that's lacking class and respect. There is nothing honorable about that. I've been treated with hostility by Matt Ryan supporters while I haven't been hostile with them at all. Do you think it's honorable to attack another poster because you simply disagree? 

Edited by Top Draft Pick

1 minute ago, athell said:

Lol if you think this is a personal or character attack...hahahahaaaaaaa...soft as your takes

You have been reported. Keep it up and I will do it again. 

athell likes this