Spts1

Matt Ryan got to go

555 posts in this topic

I don’t argue that MR may have begun declining to some degree.  I’m not happy w what I’ve seen recently either but he’s given us an NFC Champ and gotten us to within a field goal of a Super Bowl which our coaching staff blew. That’s more of a resume and more success than we’ve ever had and I’m thinking we’d be wise to put a solid OL and scheme around his proven talent (even if he does have faults and has shown a ltl decline), go ahead and draft our QB of future to fit our chosen scheme and let MR hold fort down and groom the kid.  We could do much worse and might even win a title if we fix the D.  At very least we’d stay competitive while we grow the future instead of “throwing baby out w bath water” so to speak.  

Halcon-1 likes this

19 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

What the he77 is that? That isn't isht!!! That don't fill our trophy case.

These fans are so accustomed to mediocrity they think a NFCC means something. I mean freaking Jared Goff has one of those. It doesn't mean a danm thing in the grand scheme. These guys constantly say having a SB win doesn't mean nothing for a QB yet try to use our trip to the SB to validate Ryan just lol the hypocrisy

22 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

What the he77 is that? That isn't isht!!! That don't fill our trophy case.

Ever heard of the George Halas trophy?  And if you are too ****ed stupid to think winning itis not a big deal then there is no hope for you. 

10 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Matt Ryan is overly reliant on his OL for success while having a GOD in Julio to bail him out and extort defenses. Wilson is not and has no where near the caliber of weapons Ryan has and thats why he is considered the best. He exceeds Ryans production with lesser receivers and a worse OL.

Every NFL QB relies heavily on their OL,, And the OL will determine weather or not his QB will be successful or not .. <_<

Tua is my #1 target. 

His recovery means that we don't have to rush him to start and that he can learn from Matt Ryan. 

His talent and ability are as good as any college QB and he is polished and mentality special. 

Can make every throw and is a playmaker

I think he has the ability to be the best QB in the NFL one day as well as the mental abilities. I would love for the Falcons to get this guy. He has to redshirt next year and maybe even the year afterward although I am not sure but considering Ryan's contract, that's probably going to be when we can truly open up the QB race. 

3 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Every NFL QB relies heavily on their OL,, And the OL will determine weather or not his QB will be successful or not .. <_<

Wilson OL is usually in the bottom 5 of the league and he constantly has winning seasons. Him and Tom Brady just get it done with less. Why is it so hard for some of you stans to admit? 

3 hours ago, Nono said:

Anyone that thinks Matt Ryan is a problem to this organization or has to go is crazy. I've seen the Falcons over the last two decades and I've seen some real ***** quarterbacks. Matt Ryan is consistent. Sure he has some faults and some bad games but enlarge he's a great quarterback. the problem is it's hard to throw passes or run a constructive offense when you're running for your life. the real problem is the offensive line

This is a typical Matt Ryan stan statement. Completely devoid of the fact that Atlanta made this guy one of the highest-paid players from the jump and truthfully he has NEVER been worth it. He is football's, Joe Johnson. Same number, same impact, just that Joe Johnson wishes he had the stans Matt Ryan has/had. 

Edited by Top Draft Pick

On 11/30/2019 at 11:54 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

He’s also going to be the 1st overall pick next season and would cost three 1st round picks to trade up and get

That team wouldn't even trade him even for those picks. Once in a generation QB's don't get traded. 

2 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I don’t argue that MR may have begun declining to some degree.  I’m not happy w what I’ve seen recently either but he’s given us an NFC Champ and gotten us to within a field goal of a Super Bowl which our coaching staff blew. That’s more of a resume and more success than we’ve ever had and I’m thinking we’d be wise to put a solid OL and scheme around his proven talent (even if he does have faults and has shown a ltl decline), go ahead and draft our QB of future to fit our chosen scheme and let MR hold fort down and groom the kid.  We could do much worse and might even win a title if we fix the D.  At very least we’d stay competitive while we grow the future instead of “throwing baby out w bath water” so to speak.  

I like this. . . .

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Vick

That's not a once in a generation QB. That's a once in a generation athlete. Guys I am talking about is Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning. John Elway was the only one traded and that's because he forced the Colts to trade him by playing with baseball and threating them that he will never play football again unless it's with a different team. 

Those guys don't get traded for any offer or package. Those guys are seen as franchise changers. No one trades them for nothing. 

Edited by Top Draft Pick

On 11/28/2019 at 11:43 PM, Spts1 said:

Vick had lines like this. He didn't drop back and wait on the sacks. Lamar wouldn't either...

Not all QB's are runners... if you think so root for the Ravens. Until Lamar gets hurt like Vick.

I hope we get Tua. That's my dream pick. That gives Ryan stans at least a year or two as well to enjoy making a ton of excuses till daddy's home. 

Just now, Realsurfin said:

Not all QB's are runners... if you think so root for the Ravens. Until Lamar gets hurt like Vick.

Why are you assuming he will get hurt? He has been extremely durable throughout his career. Vick and those like him tend to get hurt in the pocket holding the ball too long. Lamar like Wilson has QB instincts and gets the ball out fast. He even climbs the ladder in the pocket. These are things Vick just never had. 

I am trying to figure out why guys like you keep assuming he will get hurt? I almost feel like you are a racist high-key. Why else would you say that? Most QB's who get hurt get hurt from the pocket. RG3 v. Ravens. Vick v. Ravens. Luck and Cam in general. Those guys suffered their big injuries sitting in the pocket. Lamar tends to have good pocket awareness. It's difficult to get a shot on him in the pocket while those guys were a sitting duck many times. 

To me, Tua is perfect. 

Mobile in the pocket - ✔️

Quickly scans the field through his progressions - ✔️

High football IQ and intellect - ✔️

Mobile - ✔️

Arm strength - ✔️

Throws guys open and doesn't have to project too much - ✔️

Can be a game manager but make plays as a playmaker - ✔️

Feel for the game - ✔️

Tough-minded - ✔️

Winner - ✔️

Football pedigree - ✔️

Good family - ✔️

Great person and leader of men - ✔️

He got everything I want in a new school QB. I'll take him and redshirt him and left him loose and win about 6-8 super bowls moving forward. No brainer. 

Edited by Top Draft Pick

On 11/28/2019 at 11:38 PM, Spts1 said:

Statue that cant run and can't help his offensive line. The defense can maul the receivers and blitz at will.  He can't throw on the run even if he can get out of the pocket. Time to move on and draft a replacement...

I been telling everyone. Draft tua. We can get him in the first round easy

Spts1 likes this

Houston just did a double reverse option forward pass to Deshawn Watson for a touchdown.  Thats the creativity that you can't do with Ryan in the redzone.

The Falcons redzone consists of Ryan throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone...:(

Just now, Spts1 said:

Houston just did a double reverse option forward pass to Deshawn Watson for a touchdown.  Thats the creativity that you can't do with Ryan in the redzone.

The Falcons redzone consists of Ryan throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone...:(

Yeah that play was crazy

Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Wilson

NEW ERA

Flying Falcon and Spts1 like this

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

Buffalo did some good stuff with Josh Allen against the Cowboys.  The pocket statues are a thing of the past...

Thats facts. Allen too, I always forget about players in Buffalo. Now if Murray comes on next year you can’t tell me decrepit pocket passers aren’t being fazed out of this league. 

The playbook just opens so much more with guys that can move and pass. A slew of new opportunities to score becomes available.

Flying Falcon and Spts1 like this

1 minute ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Thats facts. Allen too, I always forget about players in Buffalo. Now if Murray comes on next year you can’t tell me decrepit pocket passers aren’t being fazed out of this league. 

The playbook just opens so much more with guys that can move and pass. A slew of new opportunities to score becomes available.

People always say BB is going to figure out these "mobile" QBs, I don't think they understand that his achilles heal is athletic QBs. It's not just this season, this isn't the first time Deshaun Watson **** on his whole team.

They have two losses, both to athletic QBs. And they're not just any losses, they're blowout losses. 

39 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

I hope we get Tua. That's my dream pick. That gives Ryan stans at least a year or two as well to enjoy making a ton of excuses till daddy's home. 

He likely will be available.  I just don’t love him as an NFL prospect.  He would die in Ryan’s spot this year